StarCraft II Balance Update – December 18, 2017
Based on player feedback and our own internal testing, we are making the following balance changes to StarCraft II. You can read our latest Community update with explains our thoughts behind these decisions. After you’ve spent some time on the ladder, let us know what you think about these changes.
- Chrono Boost strength reduced from 100% to 50% and duration per cast increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Build time reduced from 43 to 37 seconds.
- Purification Nova has a 1 second charge-up time before launch.
- Widow Mine
- Build time reduced from 28.6 to 21.4 seconds.
- Anti-Armor Missile lock time reduced from 2.14 to 1.43.
- Anti-Armor Missile energy cost reduced from 125 to 100.
- Interference Matrix range increased from 8 to 9.
- Interference Matrix missile mover speed increased by 50%.
- Now switches to Assault Mode immediately when activated instead of after the unit comes to a complete stop.
- Blackpink LE – Added a jumpable platform to provide Terran players with an additional entry or exit for scouting.
- Catalyst LE – Decals and doodads were added to help highlight the Reaper jump location near the main base.
- Fixed an issue where the Smart Servos upgrade could cause the Viking landing AI to function improperly
- You can now issue attack commands when burrowed and unburrowed Lurkers are in the same control group.
- Putting an Observer into Surveillance Mode will no longer end the Stalemate timer.
- Parasitic Bomb no longer disappears if a Viking shifts into Assault Mode as it is cast.