Diablo Immortal Bug Fixes and Patch Notes for All Platforms
The Diablo Immortal team has been diligently monitoring your feedback and working to introduce bug fixes and patches to further improve your playing experience. As we implement these types of changes for the iOS, Android, and PC in Open Beta versions of Immortal, we will update this list. If you are looking for PC-specific updates, please visit our PC Known Issues blog.
Bug fixes are typically applied at a higher frequency, addressing smaller, related issues. They don’t require a large download to be applied to the game. Patches are larger client-side updates that require a download for players to obtain. New patches will require players to update before they can continue playing.
March 21, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Demon Hunter’s Strafe and the Barbarian’s Whirlwind skills didn’t ignore collisions with enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the Demon Hunter’s Vengeance skill didn't function properly while the Hate Sheath Legendary Item was equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Barbarian wasn’t able to interact with NPCs or objects.
- Players can no longer interrupt Zoltun Kulle’s removal of the fire walls in Destruction’s End.
March 14, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Left-mouse-button attacks will now function properly while using WASD movement controls.
- Fixed an issue where players weren't able to craft Set Items even though they had sufficient materials in their inventory.
- Fixed an issue where players weren't able to initiate Corvus Expeditions.
- A text issue with the Essence Transfer NPC Turush has been fixed.
March 7, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Fixed a visual issue in the Activity Calendar where the Shadow Clan icon was unintentionally applied to activities created by either Adventurer or Immortal Clans.
- Fixed an issue in the Activity Scheduler's Today tab where activities that have already occurred could have their notifications turned on or be automatically navigated to.
- Fixed a backend issue that affected Battleground and Social user interfaces.
- Fixed a backend issue that affected the Cosmetic Gifting feature.
February 28, 2023—Bug Fixes
Boon of Plenty
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t receiving their daily login rewards from the Boon of Plenty.
- Fixed an issue where the Fishing action couldn't be performed while using a controller.
- Fixed an issue where the Fishing action would unintentionally cancel after a line was cast.
- Fixed an issue where Fishing Tasks under the Activities section of the Codex were incompletable.
- The Event Calendar UI will no longer be blurry when viewing it while Fishing.
February 21, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where an active Battle Pass would display as inactive.
- Fixed an issue where the Cheat Death specialization skill from the Gladiator Paragon Tree was unintentionally being triggered for Immortal Clan players during Shadow War.
February 14, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an art alignment issue in the Warband UI.
February 7, 2023—Bug Fixes
Legendary Item Affix
- The lightning bolt that unleashes from the Crusader’s Akarat’s Rebuke Legendary Item Affix now works during Draw and Quarter.
- If a player has both the Ol’ Rustic and Rampant and Inscrutable Wizard Legendary Item Affixes active, they will now receive the Primary Attack Speed increase provided by Ol’ Rustic while using Lightning Nova.
- Fixed an issue where the Shop became inaccessible to players after reconnecting to their server following a network disconnection.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from opening Red Bags provided by the Tong-Shi's Renewal event.
January 24, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Reverted a change that lowered the maximum penalty for Combat Rating scaling when fighting higher difficulty monsters.
Developer's Note: As part of our last Major Update, we internally tested a change for Combat Rating to lower the maximum difference between the player and an enemy’s Combat Rating. This change was not intended to make it to the live game, but it was not reverted before the Major Update and went live. We are reverting this change back to its original value. This reversion has no impact on day-to-day gameplay.
- Fixed an issue with The Hunger Legendary Gem where its haste bonus was unintentionally applied when using the Rank One and Rank Two versions of the gem.
- Fixed an issue where Shadow War registration did not persist.
- Fixed an issue within Stormpoint’s Onslaught Zone Event where an associated enemy entered an invulnerable state, preventing the event from concluding.
- Auto-navigation will now behave properly in the Stormpoint Zone when multiple enemies are present.
- Fixed an issue with Fortune’s Favor where players wouldn’t receive a full refund of Eternal Orbs used to purchase an item.
- Fixed an issue where the Fractured Plane was inaccessible through the Codex.
- Fixed an issue with sharing Cosmetics to social media platforms.
- Red dots will now disappear from limited-time Shop bundles after interacting with them.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from accepting an invitation to join a different Party while they were already in a Party.
January 17, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Updated the text for the Crusader Legendary Item Torrential Refrain to reflect its existing functionality. It now reads: Condemn immediately triggers all continual damage on the target it hits, causing them to take the remaining damage instantly.
- Fixed an issue where summon skills weren’t granting the gem’s effects for the Legendary Gem, The Hunger.
- Fixed an issue where the Wizard’s Ray of Frost skill didn’t apply the Chilling effect it should have.
- From now on, Bounties will only be shared to the Party when Recruitment Posts for Bounties are created through the Party Finder feature.
January 10, 2023—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to pass through walls by using movement skills at the edge of certain Zones.
- Fixed an issue where defeating Ophinneb the Skin-Veiled did not complete the Codex achievement.
- Fixed an issue where players who defeated Zaka in the Pit of Anguish did not receive loot.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to disconnect while loading into different areas, followed by their controls disabling upon reconnecting.
- Fixed an issue where players could not receive their login reward from the Brumaltine event.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to become stuck during the Sladyan boss fight in the Silent Monastery dungeon.
- The permissions setting, Join Rule: Warband, has been removed from the Helliquary Raid UI.
- Fixed an issue where players could not perform a Server Transfer if their Paragon Level was higher than the Server Paragon Level. Now, players can perform a Server Transfer if their Paragon Level is not higher than the average Paragon Level of the top 50 players on the server they’re transferring to.
- Fixed an issue that caused monsters in Stormpoint to spawn outside of the designated scene, preventing players from completing a Main Quest objective.
- Fixed an issue that caused monsters in Stormpoint to become stuck and unable to move.
- Fixed an issue prevented players from reaching or interacting with some monsters and NPCs in the Stormpoint zone.
- Fixed an issue where the auto-navigation UI lingered on screen after the player reached their intended destination.
- Auto-navigation will no longer go awry when navigating to an NPC.
December 13, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Skipping a Dungeon cutscene will now skip cutscenes for the rest of the Dungeon.
- The Demon Gates zone event will now arrive on Mondays.
- An auto-navigation function has been added to the Call of the Ancients Zone event.
- The Ancient Arena Zone event timer has been permanently added to the Quest Tracker.
- Fixed an issue where the Command Golem Skill would incorrectly go on cooldown when a nearby player used the same Skill.
- Warband members can now select any role. Roles now stack.
- Socketing a Bound Gem will no longer prompt players.
- A visual prompt will now appear whenever a friend logs on.
December 6, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to bypass walls using certain skills.
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue that prevented Adventurer Clans from converting to Shadow Clans, even after consuming all Akeba's Signets.
- Fixed an issue that caused Immortals to become Adventurers after Server Merge. Impacted players will have their faction status recovered.
- Fixed an issue that displayed game assets while typing in chat.
November 22, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that made some players invisible while having the Below the Sands cosmetic equipped.
- Optimized abnormal behavior on some skills that allowed players to move while casting.
- Fixed an issue that caused Diablo Immortal to crash while inspecting the Wall of Honor after Server Merge.
- Fixed an issue that removed players from their Clan after Server Merge.
- Fixed an issue that caused friend names text to be truncated in the friend invitation dialog.
- The chat has been optimized to display the number of days until an in-game activity begins.
November 15, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Reduced the cooldown for sending messages via in-game Chat.
- The Trompdown Legendary Affix for the Crusader has been optimized to hit moving targets faster.
- The Twin Vestige Legendary Affix for the Necromancer has been improved so Skeletal Mages will now properly attack enemies.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be removed from their Clan.
- Tapping or clicking on text in the in-game Chat interface has been further optimized for player convenience.
November 8, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to lose all audio after skipping a dungeon cutscene.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from performing a Character Transfer if they had over 100 pieces of mail in their inbox. Players will now be required to delete their old mail before they can perform a Character Transfer.
- The Demon Gates activity UI in the Realm of Damnation has been improved to display the remaining number of gates.
- The VFX for Fog's Bane and Charged Core have been improved to be more visible in Defense of Cyrangar.
- A minimap icon has been added for Fog's Bane in Defense of Cyrangar.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Enter button from functioning in the Purge the Depths UI.
November 1, 2022—Bug Fixes
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue which prevented Shadows from converting to Adventurers after transferring to another server.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing Chapter VI of Hero's Journey after earning 12,000 points in the Defense of Cyrangar Endless Mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused channeled skills to not cast when players turn around quickly.
- Fixed a controller issue that caused skills requiring a target to not cast upon release.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from selecting difficulties above Hell I when creating a post in Party Finder for the Silent Monastery.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash if the player had tradeable gems in their mail after transferring servers.
- The Eternal Orb claim in Boon of the Progenitors increased from 1560 to the intended amount of 1600.
October 25, 2022—Bug Fixes/Patch Notes
Cycle of Strife
- The Contribution and Essentia rewards for all Immortal Daily Goals are now the same.
- An Armory has been added next to the Battleground Quartermaster in Westmarch.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hallowed Dead Cosmetic item to be permanently replaced by another cosmetic after purchasing. This prevented some players from being able to purchase the cosmetic on a different class with the same character.
- Event triggers that require killing certain mobs have been optimized for Cavern of Echoes.
- Parts of the Silent Monastery dungeon have been optimized to reduce overall dungeon runtime.
- Players may now complete the same task with a party, even after completing it solo, and receive rewards for both.
- Blessing of Might has been fixed to apply only to dungeons.
- Players may now join Purge the Depths that are already in progress.
- An Invite All button has been added to the Helliquary Raid invitation UI for leaders to invite all Warband members at once.
- Drop rates for buffs have been increased in Defense of Cyrangar Endless Mode.
October 18, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused auto attacks to randomly stop.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Hidden Chests to be opened twice.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash while viewing an offline player's profile on the leaderboard.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash while browsing Avatar Portrait Frames.
October 11, 2022—Bug Fixes
Cycle of Strife
- The Immortal's movement speed has been decreased in Shadow War.
- Players may now choose to immediately move to the next level after completing the current level in Path of Blood.
- Additional red dots have been added to the Immortals’ interface to bring attention to items in the Strategy tab.
- Vault Rewards earned during the week of an overthrow will now be rewarded to Immortals.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Immortal Daily Goals to be reset.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Scions of the Storm Cosmetic to render characters invisible.
- Fixed a bug where the exit portal was incorrectly spawning prior to Hidden Lair’s second level boss being defeated.
- Several updates have been made to Wrathborne Invasion:
- Boss HP will now scale to the number of participants.
- Increased the number and spawn rate of monsters during the invasion.
- Added an alert to the Notification Tracker that informs players of where the boss spawns.
- Optimized SFX for several Helliquary Boss fights.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Cheat Death Gladiator Paragon ability and the Undying Rage Barbarian ability to trigger simultaneously.
- Removed several broadcasts from the Party channel, such as when items are bought from Wynton’s Grand Market, earned from the Bestiary, gained from events, or dropped from Heavy Ornate Chests.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Castle Defense leaderboard to not refresh.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ancestral Property in the Inventory to not display until a player has opened the Ancestral Tableau.
October 4, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused characters to appear invisible and untargetable in Battlegrounds.
- Fixed an issue that prevented characters from moving after the recent patch went live.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the Explore the Silent Monastery quest.
- Runes will no longer be pinned to the top of the Inventory.
- In Purge the Depths, the Anomaly that requires killing 18 monsters now has an increased monster spawn rate.
- All Legendary and Rare Main Hand weapons that drop in the Defend the Castle and Purge the Depths game modes now have a 100% chance to be an Ancestral Weapon.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from entering the game if they had logged out while in the Warband Camp prior to the Castle Cyrangar update.
- Fixed an issue that allowed non-Warband members to participate in the Purge the Depths game mode.
September 27, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Players who leave Battlegrounds before the match is over will now have their score deducted and will not receive the daily completion reward for that match.
- Clan Leadership will be transferred immediately to the next highest ranked Clan member if the Clan’s leader has been banned for more than seven days.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from obtaining a new Mysterious Scroll after not completing the previous Shassar Sea turn-in quest.
- Ornate Treasure Chests that appear at the end of a four-player dungeon will now spawn in a fixed location.
- Fixed an issue with the Wizard’s Shiversent Stare Legendary Item that was causing Ray of Frost to freeze enemies for longer than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused damage increases to not take effect after upgrading the Follower's Burden Two Star Legendary Gem.
- Several red-dot notifications have been improved for Cycle of Strife activities.
September 20, 2022—Bug Fixes
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue that would allow the leader to be killed by other players during the preparation stage of Shadow War.
- A cooldown timer has been added to the Defend the Vault cancel button to prevent accidental cancellations.
- On the first day of a new Cycle, Shadows raiding the Vault will now be able to earn items from treasure chests.
Developer's Note: Previously, the Immortal Vault would not be unlocked until the second day.
- Additional restrictions have been applied to players with a negative Orb balance.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wizard’s Waking Invocation Legendary Item to deal three times the amount of expected damage.
September 13, 2022—Bug Fixes
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue in the Vault that would allow Wardens to be pushed outside of the map.
September 6, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused Heavy Ornate Chests to duplicate upon party members re-entering Hidden Lairs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented characters from inheriting Essences after performing a Class Change.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from seeing other players’ characters.
Wynton’s Grand Market
- Fixed an issue that would cause some items to not appear in the Marketplace.
August 30, 2022—Bug Fixes
Cycle of Strife
- A daily Prestige cap has been added to Defending the Vault.
- Fixed an issue the prevented players from completing the Immortal goal: Defeat a Shadow in the Vault.
- Fixed an issue that required players to rejoin the Shadow Lottery after server maintenance.
- Fixed an issue during Echo of the Immortal that would cause the Immortal to be killed by summons after winning, rendering them unable to claim the reward.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing Helliquary quests that required speaking to Rayek.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Bounties from refreshing on daily reset.
- Fixed an issue that would cause SFX to be missing from Helliquary boss fights.
- Removed the cooldown on opening Blessed Chests.
- The VFX for several of the Wizard's Ray of Frost Legendries have been updated.
- Fixed an issue that would display incorrect attribute values after performing a Class Change.
- The Kion's Ordeal description will now have additional details on recommended Combat Rating and how many runs can be initiated per day.
August 23, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Hidden Lairs will now always have 2 levels.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the exchange of Scrap Materials at the Materials Trader.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the completion of the Helliquary Codex Activity.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Ancient Nightmare from dropping loot.
- Fixed an issue in Fractured Plane that would cause monsters to dissappear from levels.
- Fixed an issue in Fractured Plane that would prevent players from receiving rewards via mail if their inventory was full.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the Codex Activity for Echo of the Immortal.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Market symbol from appearing on tradeable Legendary Gems.
- Fixed a display issue with the cooldown indicator for Phoenix Ashes.
Cycle of Strife
- Immortals will no longer receive Contributions for inviting an Adventurer to the Clan.
- Fixed an issue that would allow summons to attack the Immortal Leader during the transformation animation in Shadow War.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from accessing Battlegrounds if they had not yet completed all asset downloads.
- Players will now receive one mail that details items sold once per day, rather than individual mails per item.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the client to freeze and generate display errors when purchasing a large quantity of one item.
August 16, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from changing classes while having certain legendries equipped.
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Immortal to be stun locked during Shadow War and Rite of Exile.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Shadow War from occurring on some servers.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a display error in Shadow War’s Preliminary results.
- Atualizamos a dica de tela do bônus de seis peças do Chamado do Pastor aos Lobos para que indique que ele aumenta somente a velocidade de ataque, em vez de tanto o dano quanto a velocidade de ataque.
- Corpse Pillar tooltip has been updated to display correct damage numbers.
- Phantom Ray tooltip has been updated to display correct damage numbers.
- Fixed an issue in Tomb of Fahir that would allow players to jump off the platform and bypass the elevator sequence.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from participating in Helliquary raids.
- Fixed an issue that would allow Demon Hunters to use Daring Swing to access restricted areas in The Forgotten Tower.
August 9, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from matching.
Cycle of Strife
- Several of the Immortal Dominance reward requirements from the Hilts Trader have been adjusted so that they may be purchased earlier in the Reign.
- Corvus Expedition will now reward 15 Aspirant's Keys in total as opposed to 12 previously.
- Fixed an issue in The Vault that would prevent the portal leading to the next floor from spawning.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to be stuck on the quest Defeat the Pirates.
- Fixed an issue that would cause high CPU usage after players spent a long period of time in The Realm of Damnation and Frozen Tundra zones.
- If a player uses the same skill more than 10 consecutive times within five minutes and has not moved or used another ability, the skill will no longer continue to fire.
- Fixed several issues that would prevent players from initiating Class Change.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Battleground display in the quest tracker to be duplicated.
- To optimize the reconnect experience, the game will no longer prompt players and will instead automatically reconnect.
- Several small tweaks have been implemented to optimize the Warband members list.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the kill streak prompt to appear over other UI.
August 2, 2022—Bug Fixes
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from receiving the Shadows intro quest if their clan converted to Shadows while they were offline.
- Fixed an issue in Shadow War that would allow the Immortal to move in and out of the designated arena.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from signing up for the Shadow Lottery and displayed the number of participants as zero.
- Fixed an issue in Hungering Moon that prevented players from completing quests that require obtaining Legendary and Rare gear.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to get stuck during the Prison of the Scorpion quest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented party invitations from being sent to players while in certain areas of Bilefen.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to be covered in black blocks when selecting the High quality option for Shadows in the Settings Menu.
- Changed the description of Lightning Core’s lightning proc effect cooldown to read as “Cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds,” instead of “Cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds per target.”
- Fixed an issue that would allow overworld map pins to be visible inside of the dungeon map.
July 26, 2022—Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from earning experience upon completing a Battle Pass rank.
- In Elder Rifts and Challenge Rifts, using Revive at Checkpoint more than three times will increase its cooldown (party) or cause a time penalty (solo).
- Fixed several issues with Hero's Journey that prevented players from completing tasks.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the Earn 40 Battle Points quest in the Hungering Moon event.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Hungering Moon daily quests from properly refreshing during server reset.
Cycle of Strife
- If an Immortal leader's character is deleted, a new leader will be automatically selected based on ranking.
Developer’s Note: Previously, this situation would prevent Rite of Exile from occurring.
- Equipping the Untouchable Mountebank set will no longer grant set bonuses to the Immortal during Shadow War and Challenge of the Immortal.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from earning Gold and Hilts during Raid the Vault.
- In Rite of Exile, adjusted the portal location for defenders in stage two to match its current location in Battlegrounds.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Immortal to be affected by crowd control effects in Shadow War.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from signing up for Rite of Exile.
Developer’s Note: This issue previously affected these servers: Angris Council, The Hellforge, Thorned Hulk, Arreat Summit, Cathedral of Light, Sea of Light, Gardens of Hope, Khalim's Will, Wailing Beast, and Desolate Sands.
- Fixed a persistent red-dot indicator issue when players had already completed tasks for Hero's Journey.
- Fixed an issue that would cause items left behind in dungeons to be duplicated when mailed to players.
- Updated Warband permissions to allow all members to recruit other players.
July 23, 2022—Bug Fix
- Fixed a bug with the Typhlot Robe Monk Legendary item that caused it to do twice as much damage as intended.
July 19, 2022—Bug Fixes
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue that caused Shadow War brackets to display incorrect matchups.
- Fixed an issue that caused characters to become invisible after equipping the Bloodsworn cosmetic.
- Fixed an issue that duplicated messages from friends.
- Prodigy’s Path will no longer be recommended to the player until their character has reached the appropriate level.