Tychus Hero Spotlight
"Hell...it's about time."
- Tychus Findlay, Notorious Outlaw
Tychus Findlay is a somewhat enigmatic Terran Marine from StarCraft II, who has been many things to many people. In Heroes of the Storm, Tychus takes on the role of a battle-hardened Assassin, and he's more than happy to let his massive gun do the talking.
Tychus is ready for anything you can throw at him!
- Target: Enemy, Area: Cone that can be altered based on Tychus's position. Can be cancelled.
- Though Tychus is usually equal opportunity with his minigun, this ability focuses Tychus' attention on a single enemy for a few seconds, dealing some extra pain to the target. Other enemies caught in the cone of fire also take damage.
- Target: Location, Area: Circle AOE
- This simple explosive device damages and knocks back anything caught in the blast radius.
Run and Gun
- Target: Direction, Area: Direction selected
- Tychus sure does like getting into the fight. He can choose from time to time to charge right into battle and have his weapon instantly spun up and ready to fire.
- Tychus' weapon of choice belies its name, packing a punch and attack speed that's unmatched by most other heroes. The downside of this multi-barreled terror is that it takes a moment to spin up before firing. But once the minigun starts firing, it lays waste to anything in front of it.
Drakken Laser Drill
- Target: Location - laser auto single-targets closest enemy, can be altered by player by pressing R and clicking on new enemy.
- Originally designed to assist with mining operations and other excavation projects, the laser drill can be equally effective when used as a weapon. When Tychus drops one on the battlefield, it can do heavy damage to single targets.
- Target: Self-cast, Area: Self-cast
- Sometimes even Tychus needs a bigger gun. That's when he calls upon the power of the massive Odin mech. Offering additional protection as well as powerful cannons and missiles that create wide swaths of destruction, the Odin is a fearsome military vehicle.
- On Blackheart's Bay, Tychus can destroy chests very quickly thanks to his Wind-up Combat trait. Picking health and durability traits can allow the team to use him as a dedicated coin carrier.
- Choosing the Drakken Laser Drill Heroic Ability can buy time and grant your team solid positioning when trying to capture artifacts on Cursed Hollow.
- Commandeer Odin can be a solid pick for your Heroic Ability on Haunted Mines. Use Odin's extra health to tank the golem's damage for your team.
- Following the Dragon Knight on Dragon Shire gives Tychus the time to mow down Forts while the enemy is distracted.
"For the Swarm!"
- Infested Tychus - Zerg infestors create eggs that hatch infested Terrans. These are marines that have been infected with a Zerg virus, creating a monstrous hybrid creature under control of the Swarm. Infested Tychus would be an especially powerful version of that Zerg terror.
"Tychus is one of my oldest friends. He helped me out of a real bind a few years back. I owe him."
- Jim Raynor to Matt Horner
- Tychus was first seen in his full cinematic glory during the StarCraft II announcement on May 19, 2007, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Seoul, South Korea.
- Tychus was a member of the 321st Colonial Rangers Battalion, also known as Heaven's Devil's, and served with Jim Raynor.
- Tychus' powerful marine suit serves as a personal prison for this convicted felon.
- During the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty campaign, Tychus "liberated" the Odin.
Over the years, many talented artists have tried their hand at illustrating characters from the StarCraft universe. Below are three fantastic pieces of fan art featuring none other than Tychus Findlay, which were submitted by artists from around the world.
|"Bugs" by Bin Zhang (Naughtyboy)|
|"Marine" by Lee Sin Jae (Emf)||"StarCraft II" by (black-die)|
The truth about Tychus Findlay's past is hard to come by. Stories about him are common enough, but distilling fact from fiction is another matter entirely. If you're interested in finding out more about this man of mystery, make sure to check out his character biography on StarCraft II's game guide, and this other related content:
- StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Game - 2010)
- StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils (Novel - 2010)
- StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils: Lost Transmissions (StarCraft Expanded Universe - 2010)
- StarCraft II: Devil's Due (Novel - 2011)
We hope you've enjoyed Tychus week. What's been your favorite part? Let us know in the comments below, and remember to stay connected to the latest Heroes of the Storm updates by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!
We have more Hero Spotlights lined-up and ready for deployment in a blog near you over the next few weeks, so stay tuned!