Server Merge Comes to Diablo Immortal
Since we last gathered for a Diablo Immortal Content Update, many players have seen Sanctuary anew through Character Transfer, climbed the ranks of the Season Six Battle Pass, and harnessed the power of the 36 new Legendary items to achieve glorious new feats.
This Content Update details when the Server Merge goes into effect, and how specifically it functions. We also have a variety of feature updates to introduce that further iterate on some of Diablo Immortal’s systems. Kick back, grab a beverage, and let’s dive in!
As with previous Content Updates, there will be server maintenance starting on November 8, from 4:00-6:00 p.m. PST for Oceania, China, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Europe Servers, and on November 9 from 12:00-2:00 a.m. PST for servers in the Americas. After the maintenance has concluded, all items mentioned below will be live—specific dates for any content going live afterward are provided below.
Fire Before Darkness Limited-Time Event
Unspeakable Depths Cosmetic Set
Following Diablo Immortal’s scheduled maintenance on November 9 at 3:00 a.m. server time, we will be merging the populations of select servers. This change is being made so players will have an easier time finding other players to party up with regardless of the server they play on. We will continue to monitor player populations on all servers and merge additional servers as needed. At this time, we cannot say when additional server merges will occur, but we will keep players updated. Here’s a complete list of all servers that will merge in this wave:
East Asia 1 - KR
East Asia 2 - JP
North America 1
Purus the Decimator
Halls of the Blind
Hand of Justice
North America 2
Tree of Inifuss
Sandro the Mouth
Plains of Despair
This is a big change for everyone, and we understand that you may have questions regarding what you must do if you’re playing on a merging server or how your gameplay experience might change. Here’s how Server Merge will specifically work for players—please note the below only applies to players on a merging server:
- Once the Server Merge is complete, you will continue to log into your same server, but will notice you now share a population with the other servers in your grouping. No characters have been deleted.
- If your merged server contains duplicate character names, Warband names, or Clan names, a number will be automatically added to the end of each identical name and a free name change will be provided.
- Battle Pass progress will be shared across the merged servers.
- Your character will retain all of their items, such as equipment, resources, gems, etc.
- Your character will retain all players on their Friends List.
- Your character will remain in the same Clan.
- Your character will remain in the same Warband.
- Your Battlegrounds score and rank will be retained.
- All Deeds of Valor badges will be retained.
- All server first achievements for Challenge Rift will be retained.
- All leaderboards will be re-ranked following Server Merge.
- All Wynton’s Grand Market transactions will be retained on the merged server. The recommended price of all items in the market will become the average of the merged servers.
- The Immortal with the highest Dominance among the merged servers will become the new Immortal. All other Immortals will be reverted to Adventurers and receive compensation befitting their previous station.
- Previous Immortal Reigns will be retained on the Wall of Honor.
- Shadows and Adventurers will retain their progress on the merged server.
- Shadow War and Rite of Exile will be paused to give players time to adjust.
- The Server Paragon Level of the merged servers will be equal to the highest Server Paragon Level among the servers in your grouping.
Fire Before Darkness Limited-Time Event
There are few in Sanctuary capable enough to stand against the darkness and wager their life for the defenseless. But you, adventurer, have consigned your days to thinning out the ranks of the Burning Hells, ushering in safety where all hope was once lost. Your quest to serve the downtrodden grows in complexity—harness the fire within to contain ever spreading darkness.
From November 9 at 3:00 a.m.–November 23 at 2:59 a.m. server time, as you complete daily Fire Before Darkness tasks, you’ll receive various rewards for your heroics. Racking up enough completed tasks will also unlock milestone rewards for you—an ode to vanquishing countless demons.
Unspeakable Depths Cosmetic Set
There’s another world hidden below the waterline. Yet, much of humanity huddles in the dry, well-lit corners of Sanctuary. This is not for a lack of trying—Sanctuary’s volatile oceans have claimed the bodies and souls of countless foolhardy adventurers who have tread water. Will we truly ever know what riches the ocean guards so fiercely?
Give in to the temptation of the tides and coat yourself in its briny mysteries. The Unspeakable Depths Standard Cosmetic Set is available in the in-game shop for 1,000 Eternal Orbs.
Looking for the newest round of hotfixes and bug fixes implemented for Diablo Immortal? Check here for all-platform fixes and our known issues blog for PC-specific fixes.
Daily Activities Time Change
- The Shadows’ Assembly will now take place from 7:00-9:00 p.m. server time. Previously, the Assembly ran from 6:00-8:00 p.m. server time.
- Wrathborne Invasion will now occur twice a day, first at 12:30 p.m. server time, and again at 9:00 p.m. server time.
Developer’s Note: Because of player feedback and data collected on play patterns, we decided to change the times that the Shadow Assembly and Wrathborne Invasion take place—this is to give a larger population of players an opportunity to play these activities at a more convenient time. It is our hope that even more players can now enjoy these activities on a regular basis.
- You can now craft specific Set items at Charsi’s forge in Westmarch using a new resource, Fabled Wisp—these can be acquired by salvaging Set items.
- Only Set items acquired from dungeon bosses and Heavy Austere Chests after the maintenance update that begins on November 8 can be salvaged into a Fabled Wisp.
Developer’s Note: We have been listening to a deluge of feedback regarding players having a hard time finding specific Set items. It is our belief that adding the ability to craft specific Set items will provide a path for players to reliably complete their sets.
- There are now two types of Gem Fragments: Bound and Unbound. Neither of these Gem Fragments can be sold in Wynton’s Grand Market, but Unbound Gem Fragments allow a Legendary Gem to be upgraded without making it bound.
- Upgraded Legendary Gems can now be sold in Wynton’s Grand Market. To be eligible, the Legendary Gem must have never been equipped to your character, must have been previously upgraded using Unbound Gems or Unbound Gem Fragments only and must be rank five or lower.
- A Blacksmith and Identifier have been added to Castle Cyrangar’s courtyard to provide additional player ease.
We have received feedback that managing other players in Kion’s Ordeal is quite a challenge. To alleviate organizational duties for the Immortal leader, we have added a few quality-of-life updates to this feature:
- A new management UI that displays the Paragon Level, Combat Rating, and Contribution Score of each of your players with the ability to sort each listing.
- The ability to set Combat Rating and Contribution Score requirements for raid entry.
- A Waitlist feature to help manage incoming applicants.
- An improved difficulty selection UI with clear descriptions for each tier.
Thank you for keeping Sanctuary safe!
-The Diablo Immortal Team