Scare Your Way Through Sanctuary During Hallow’s Wake
Welcome, foolish mortal. . .
Sanctuary’s air is rife with magical mischief, and not the usual variety—you’ve made it just in time to celebrate Hallow’s Wake, a limited-time extravaganza filled with fright and delight!
The lines between life and death have blurred during this hallowed hour, so don’t trouble yourself trying to decipher between man and monster. . .there are both tricks and treats on the horizon. Plus, use the new Recruit a Friend feature to rally trusted allies to tackle the long night with, complete harrowing Hallow’s Wake tasks, and more!
As with previous Content Updates, there will be server maintenance starting on October 11, from 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. PDT for Oceania, China, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Europe Servers, and on October 12 from 1:00 a.m.–3:00 a.m. PDT for servers in the Americas. After the maintenance has concluded, all items mentioned below will be live—specific dates for any content going live afterward are provided below.
Hallow’s Wake Limited-Time Event
“Crawling out their graves,
Who knows if they’ll misbehave.
These hellacious haunts like to flaunt,
Their handiwork leaving Sanctuary gaunt.
For 666 years they have reanimated in celebration,
Hang around and you’ll see they live up to reputation.
Don’t be fooled by their late-night revels,
These sinister spookies are worse than devils.”
-Popular Khanduras Tavern Tune
Can you feel it, adventurer? THEY’RE ALIVE!!
From October 19, 3:00 a.m.–November 2, 2:59 a.m. server time the boundary separating the living and dead grows paper thin. For a short while, two realms fuse into one for Hallow’s Wake, where dastardly demons and specters run amok in mischievous harmony.
During this spectacle of spirits, players level 30 and above will be tasked with eliminating ghastly goblins, vengeful dead, and cleansing haunted rifts in exchange for Hallowed Stones. These stones can be traded for spooky rewards, such as the Strawman Sack Mask, Ghosted Emote, and Hallowed Choker Portrait Frame. They can also be used to Trick or Treat with the mysterious Crone or a friend of your choice. Will you bestow a treat upon your friends, or hex them with a devious trick?
Recruit a Friend
Hell’s servants’ number many and will stop at nothing to see Sanctuary crumble in their maw. You must rally allies under your banner if you wish to turn the tide in humanity’s favor, for friends who slay together forge unbreakable bonds.
From October 12, 3:00 a.m.–November 8, 2:59 a.m. server time, revel in the Hallow’s Wake spirit with new friends at your heels by using the Recruit a Friend feature.
To recruit players, you must be at least level 20. Each player has a unique code that can be found on the Recruit a Friend event page. To be recruited by another player, you must be playing on a new character created on October 12 or after, be under level 20, and have completed the introduction to Diablo Immortal.
If you want to recruit a player who meets the requirements, share your code with them via the event page, and if they redeem your code, they are officially recruited. You may recruit a total of three players using this method. Both the recruiter and recruit will receive various awards as the recruit levels up and completes tasks around Sanctuary.
- Rewards for recruiters:
- Share your code once: Two Enchanted Dust, 30 Scrap, and 5K Gold.
- One friend redeems your code: Six Rare Crests and six Normal Gems
- One friend reaches level 60: One Legendary Crest, three Rare Crests, and six Normal Gems
- Two friends reach level 60: One Legendary Crest, three Rare Crests, and six Normal Gems
- Three friends reach level 60: Grim Fellowship Portal Cosmetic, two Legendary Crests, and nine Rare Crests
- Rewards for new recruits:
- Reach level 10: 10K Gold
- Reach level 30: One random Legendary item from your class
- Reach level 50: One random Legendary item from your class
- Reach level 60: Six Rare Crests
- Complete an Elder Rift while in a party: Two Enchanted Dust, 30 Scrap, and 5K Gold
- Complete a dungeon while in a party: Two Enchanted Dust, 30 Scrap, and 5K Gold
- Complete a Challenge Rift while in a party: Two Enchanted Dust, 30 Scrap, and 5K Gold
Infernal Knowledge Limited-Time Event
There are few in Sanctuary capable enough to stand against the darkness and wager their life for the defenseless. But you, adventurer, have consigned your days to thinning out the ranks of the Burning Hells, ushering in safety where all hope was once lost. Your quest to serve the downtrodden grows in complexity—equip yourself with Infernal Knowledge to prevail.
From October 12 at 3:00 a.m.–October 26 at 2:59 a.m. server time, as you complete daily Infernal Knowledge tasks, you’ll receive various rewards for your heroics. Racking up enough completed tasks will also unlock milestone rewards for you—an ode to vanquishing countless demons.
Hallowed Dead Cosmetic Set
It wouldn’t be a proper Hallow’s Wake celebration without ethereal garments to strut about in. But why just imitate a monster when you can become one instead? Live out your ghoulish fantasy with the Hallowed Dead Collector’s Cosmetic Set. Each class has been possessed by a unique fiend—head to the Hallow’s Wake event shop from October 19, 3:00 a.m.–November 2, 2:59 a.m. server time to check them all out and grab yours for 1,500 Eternal Orbs.
Waltz Macabre Cosmetic Set
Coming into close confines with death has become commonplace for many of Sanctuary’s denizens. So much so that the macabre is an extension of personhood. For Westmarch’s most rarefied courtiers, it manifests in the form of fashion—the translation of death into a wearable statement piece.
Embrace the grisly machinations of your mind, then wear them on your sleeve with the Waltz Macabre Standard Cosmetic Set, purchasable from the in-game shop for 1,000 Eternal Orbs beginning on October 12 at 3:00 a.m. server time.
Legendary Crest Aesthetic Update
- The aesthetic of Legendary Crests has been changed to create more distinction between itself and Eternal Legendary Crests. The Elder Rift menu has also been updated so players can easily select between all three crest types and clearly see descriptions for each.
New Resource: Telluric Pearls
- Telluric Pearls are a new resource that can be used to craft Five-Star Legendary Gems. There are currently three ways a player can receive Telluric Pearls:
- By trading Hilts with Lieutenant Fizriah, the Hilt Vendor in Westmarch.
- Through participating in limited-time events.
- From purchasing specific in-game shop bundles, such as Seeker’s Supplies and Rift-Runner’s Supplies. The Seeker’s Supplies bundle will now refresh in the shop every Monday and Thursday instead of every three days.
Defend the Vault Queue
- Immortals can now join a queue to Defend the Vault. Players will need to assemble a party of four Immortals and head to the Vault in the Hall of Ascension. There, they can enter the queue to defend against a Shadow Raid. While waiting in the queue, players may adventure through Sanctuary freely. Once it is your party’s turn, you’ll be prompted, and if you confirm, you’ll immediately be sent to defend the vault. As parties in the queue are invited to defend the vault, your party will receive updates on your place in line. Immortal teams can re-enter the queue as soon as they finish a defense.
Developer’s Note: Our goal with the implementation of this queue system is to eliminate the need for you to sit at the door to the Vault rapidly clicking to enter or creating a makeshift line with other players. Instead, we wanted players to queue up in an organized system while being able to engage in other activities across Sanctuary as they wait.
Shadows Notifications Tracker
- Players will no longer receive notifications for the Assembly after they have completed it for that day.
- The Shadow Lottery notification can now be turned off. Visit the Notifications tab within the Settings menu to do so.
Dark Clan Leader Substitution
- Dark Clan Leaders may now assign up to two substitute leaders from within their Clan through the Shadow War menu.
Invocation Affix Improvement
- The chance for Legendary Items with two or more magical properties to include an Invocation Affix has been heavily increased.
Dungeon Requirements Change
- The party requirement for dungeons in Hell difficulties has been removed.
Shadows Assembly System Update
- Shadows who bless a player can now receive up to a Legendary item for doing so. A player can receive up to four total rewards per day.
- A player that has been recently blessed will see the portrait of their blesser in their Akeba’s Blessings menu.
- When a player is typing a message while in the Assembly Hall, a chat bubble will appear over their head to signify they are attempting to communicate.
Well, what will it be, Trick or Treat?