A Many Splendored Thing: Love is in the Air Has Begun!
Something is in the air in the major cities of Azeroth. Many guards and townsfolk spend their days giving and receiving gifts to other amorous citizens.
Sounds and fragrances swirl through the Azerothian air with the undiluted smell of love. Light with a hint of armor oil and mana notes, there’s just a hint of chemical top notes and a slight undercurrent of charm… or is that just conspiracy?
When: February 8–22 February at 10:00
Where: Orgrimmar (Horde) and Stormwind (Alliance)
Currency: Love Tokens
Seasonal BossUse the Group Finder (I) to participate in an encounter against Apothecary Hummel, granting a Heart-Shaped Box (which contains holiday loot) as a daily reward. This is available to characters level 10 and above.
Main Quest LineThe Steamwheedle Cartel suspects there’s something shady about the goblin newcomers of the Crown Chemical Company. Investigators have been hired to get to the bottom of things—with your help.
Daily QuestsComplete special daily quests to obtain experience, gold, and Love Tokens to purchase holiday items. For detailed information about the quests, check out the Love Is in the Air guide on Wowhead.
Eat these eight “Bag of Candies” heart candies: “Be Mine!”; “I’ll follow you all around Azeroth.”; “All yours.”; “I’m all yours!”; “Hot Lips.”; “You’re Mine!”; “You’re the best!”; and “I LOVE YOU”.
Create 12 Lovely Charm Bracelets
Assist the Steamwheedle Cartel and stop the sinister Crown Chemical Co. plot.
*Fistful of Love
Use a Handful of Rose Petals on each of the race/class combinations listed: Gnome Warlock; Human Death Knight; Orc Shaman; Undead Warrior; Blood Elf Mage; Dwarf Hunter; Orc Death Knight; Night Elf Priest; Tauren Druid; Troll Rogue; and Draenei Paladin.
*Flirt With Disaster
Have a drink, put on your best perfume, throw a handful of rose petals on your would-be love, and then kiss ’em. You’ll regret it in the morning.
*I Pitied the Fool
Pity the Love Fool in these locations: Wintergrasp; Battle Ring of Gurubashi Arena; Arathi Basin Blacksmith; The Culling of Stratholme; Naxxramas.
It Might Just Save Your Life
Unleash the power of love contained within a holiday necklace.
Enjoy a Buttermilk Delight with someone in Dalaran at a Romantic Picnic during the Love Is in the Air celebration.
Have 10 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.
Lovely Luck Is on Your Side
Open a Lovely Dress Box and receive a Lovely Black Dress.
*My Love Is Like a Red, Red Rose
Obtain a Bouquet of Red or Ebon Roses during the Love Is in the Air celebration.
*Nation of Adoration
Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest of each Horde or Alliance capital.
Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet pet by procuring a Truesilver Shafted Arrow.
Shoot 10 players with the Silver Shafted Arrow.
Sample the Love Is in the Air candies listed–Buttermilk Delight, Dark Desire, Sweet Surprise, Very Berry Cream.
*The Rocket's Pink Glare
Shoot off 10 Love Rockets in 20 seconds or less.
Defeat the trio of Crown Chemical Co. apothecaries in Shadowfang Keep.
*These Achievements are required to earn the meta-achievement Fool for Love, which grants the Title Reward: The Love Fool.
- Big Love Rocket: The Heart-Shaped Box, a daily reward from the Dungeon Finder for defeating Apothecary Hummel, has a chance to drop a stylish flying mount for players level 50+: the Big Love Rocket!
- Swift Lovebird: Take to the ground atop this pink, flightless bird, sure to set the mood for any acrophobic romantic engagements. Available in exchange for Love Tokens at your faction’s Lovely Merchants, NPC vendors located in capital cities.
- Toxic Wasteling: This disgusting (but friendly!) ooze will grow in size as it eats critters that cross your path.
- Truesilver Shafted Arrow: Summon a lil’ winged goblin of love by spending Love Tokens at your faction’s Lovely Merchants.
- Lovebird Hatchling: This darling pink lovebird can be purchased from the Lovely Merchants.
- Heirlooms:Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard, Ancient Heirloom Scabbard
- Toys: Peddlefeet's Lovely Hearthstone, Romantic Picnic Basket, Love Boat
- Other: Forever-Lovely Rose, Bag of Heart Candies, Handful of Rose Petals, Lovely Rose, Manufactured Love Prism, Love Fool , Lovely Dress Box, Dinner Suit Box, Box of Chocolates
- Unnatural Enhancements: “Enchantress” Perfume, “Forever” Perfume, “Bravado” Perfume, “Wizardry” Cologne, “Victory” Perfume, “Stalwart” Cologne
Love is in the Air Arrives in WoW Classic: February 11–16
The WoW Classic version of Love is in the Air is also available to those looking for a little love in a hostile world. Just head over to Orgrimmar (Horde) and Stormwind (Alliance) to take part.