Diablo IV Launches Soon—Here’s What You Need to Know
Sanctuary needs a savior—will you heed the call on June 6 once all Hell breaks loose?
Lilith has returned to Sanctuary, summoned by a dark ritual after her lengthy exile. Before you begin to wander the 5 massive Regions of Diablo IV as a Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Rogue, or Sorcerer to undo the agony Lilith’s exacted on the world she helped create, we urge you to peruse this launch guide and let it aid in your triumph over evil.
Global Early Access and Launch Schedule
Early Access to Diablo IV begins on June 1 at 4 p.m. PDT for anyone who pre-purchases a Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Edition before our official launch. To see when you can begin your journey, reference the below Early Access map for region-specific times and dates.
The official launch for Diablo IV begins on June 5 at 4 p.m. PDT. This is when owners of any edition of Diablo IV can begin their journey. As with the Early Access map, reference the below launch map for region-specific times and dates.
Pre-Load Diablo IV
Prepare for your descent into Hell by Pre-Loading Diablo IV early. Below you’ll find instructions on how to install the game beginning on May 30 at 4 p.m. PDT for Windows PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. Purchase of any edition of Diablo IV is required to Pre-Load.
- Launch the Battle.net client. If Diablo IV is not already in your Favorites bar, you can add it by clicking on the + icon. Alternatively, you can find Diablo IV by accessing the All Games page. You’ll see Diablo IV at the top of the list.
- Once you get to the Diablo IV Game Page, click the dropdown menu under Game Version and select the Diablo IV option. Click the blue button that says Install. The game will install and once it’s available, click Play to Launch.
- Prepare to become the wanderer Sanctuary needs.
- Launch the Xbox Store and search for Diablo IV. Select Download.
- Prepare to slay Lilith’s Legions.
- Launch the PlayStation Store and search for Diablo IV. Select Download.
- Prepare to save Sanctuary’s citizens from unspeakable darkness.
Traversing Sanctuary is a treacherous experience rife with mind-shattering horrors and danger. From June 5–July 2, keep your favorite Diablo IV streamers company by watching them on Twitch as they persevere through Hell’s aberrations. You’ll earn new Twitch Drops each week that will reward Cosmetic items such as Weapon Recolors and Back Slot Items the longer you watch. Gift 2 Twitch subscriptions to an eligible streamer’s channel and you’ll earn a new trusty steed, the Primal Instinct Mount. To learn more about the exact rewards and eligibility, visit this blog.
Community and Player Support
Just as Lilith is determined to bring all of humanity under her control, we are hellbent on creating a seamless return to Sanctuary for you. In the event you encounter any hellacious interruptions during Early Access or launch, please reach out to us through the Diablo IV Forums, Blizzard CS Twitter account, or the Player Support Portal to mend any issue you’re experiencing.
The journey of growing Diablo IV from an announcement at BlizzCon 2019 to launch has been extraordinary. We’ve spent countless hours designing this new entry into the Diablo universe and aim for it to be enjoyed for years to come. This feat couldn’t have been achieved without your support and our immense love for making your favorite games. Thank you for everything! Your horse and the frigid wastes of the Fractured Peaks await its wanderer.
Good luck, and may you survive Hell.
-The Diablo IV Team