What’s Playing on Battle.net: News and notable events in early August 2023
Before you embark on this week’s adventures, take a moment to read up on the latest beats from all of your favorite games.
Harness the Titans’ power in Hearthstone, face off against Shadow Company in Call of Duty, make magical mischief in Overwatch 2, and more.
Every two weeks, we help you catch up on all things Battle.net by highlighting new content, developer updates, and “don’t miss” occasions to help you hit important dates and maximize each in-game moment.
Navigate by franchise
Wield the power of the gods in Hearthstone’s latest expansion, featuring 145 new cards, additional keywords, Legendary Keepers, and more.
Unlock a cosmic cavalcade of loot—including Standard Packs, random Epic and Legendary cards, Tavern Tickets, and more—as you play through the expansion’s track.
Boost your Collection by unlocking a random Standard Epic Card now!
Call of Duty
Deploy to new battlefields across the world with four new maps, additional modes, a special quest in Vondel, and much, much more.
The sneaky Rogue Kiriko has taken one of Alchemist Mei’s artifacts, and it’s up to Royal Knight Genji to stop her in a new game mode in the style of prop hunt. From now until August 9, complete event challenges to earn rewards, including Junker Queen and Roadhog voice lines, up to 50,000 Battle Pass XP, and the Epic Spiritwarder skin for Ana.
Discover more about the narrative content coming soon to Overwatch 2, as well as the new Story Missions releasing on August 10, from the game’s creative director, Jeff Chamberlain.
Charge down the railroad with this Legendary locomotive look, available until August 17 with Prime Gaming.
- Don the skin and fur of one of Diablo’s greatest servants, Shumbeel the Howling Terror, in the latest Battle Pass
- Heed your lunar overlord’s howl for sustenance in the returning Hungering Moon event to receive a Blessing of More, along with additional lunar-laced rewards of your choice
- Gain access to Yakin’s Shady Stock to peruse his latest liberated merchandise from August 5 - August 12
- Check out updates to the Battleground, Warband Activity, Recall/Recruit a Friend, and more
Explore all of the new content coming to Sanctuary in this update blog.
World of Warcraft
Whether you’re traveling through the wondrous Dragon Isles or the frozen wastes of Northrend, you can grab a loyal new friend for every road: Sunny, an adorable golden retriever pet for World of Warcraft, and Flurky, a lovely baby murloc pet for Wrath of the Lich King Classic characters. Both pets feature color schemes that match the Ukrainian flag, and all proceeds from their sales will be donated to provide critical humanitarian relief to the country.
While Azeroth’s stalwart defenders continue to push back against the encroaching chaos from other timelines, the next content update is in the making.
- Join other players to close Waking Dream portals in a new public event: Dreamsurges
- Embark on a quest to unlock new heritage armor for Forsaken and Night Elves, and change up your character’s look with more cosmetic choices for both races
- The Dawn of the Infinite mega-dungeon will split into two Heroic difficulty dungeons that will take you across the timeways to stop the Infinite Dragonflight from enacting their nefarious plans
Get more information about the next content update in this development blog.
From now through August 24, Amazon Prime subscribers can obtain this sterling (and free!) WoW companion.
In this edition of Tales of Sanctuary, Tejal tells the tale of Iolaynah, who journeys to the moors of Scosglen in search of her missing sister and Droman Grigso, the Sorcerer her sister sought out to study. But deep in the moldering halls of Grigso’s mysterious sanctum, Iolaynah finds dark secrets and a legacy of his wicked deeds.