What’s Playing on Battle.net: News and notable events in early December 2022
Before you embark upon a grand new adventure, read up on the latest beats from all of your favorite games.
Journey to the Dragon Isles in World of Warcraft, don the mantle of Hearthstone’s Death Knight, unleash Annihilation as Overwatch 2’s new hero, and more.
Every two weeks, we help you catch up on all things Battle.net by highlighting new content, developer updates, and “don’t miss” occasions to help you hit important dates and maximize each in-game moment.
Navigate by franchise
World of Warcraft
Dragonflight is now live!
The ancestral home of dragonkind has awakened, beckoning adventurers and treasure-seekers to unearth the secrets hidden upon its long-forgotten shores. Gather your comrades, hone your blades, and soar into a new adventure in the Dragon Isles now.
Tips for survival in the Dragon Isles
World of Warcraft community content creators CDew, Hazelnutty, and Naguura have united to bring you the ultimate guide to kicking off your Dragonflight journey. Need a quick summary of their suggestions? We’ve got you covered:
- In each of the Dragon Isles’ four zones, you’ll unlock a new type of rideable dragon, as well as new Dragonriding abilities
- Valdrakken, this expansion’s hub city, is home to all of the vendors, trainers, and other helpful NPCs you might be looking for
- You can aid four different factions in Dragonflight, each catering to different playstyles and bringing unique unlockable rewards to earn
- PvP content is available throughout the Dragon Isles—if you choose to enable War Mode
Watch the Dragonflight Survival Guide for the full host of helpful advice as you begin your adventures.
Delve into over two hours of draconic melodies
As you explore the primordial wonder of the Dragon Isles, let arias of elemental magic and life energies accompany you on your journey.
Rally your allies—March of the Lich King has arrived!
Command your Undead army, collect 145 new cards, lead the Charge as a Death Knight, and more in Hearthstone's latest expansion.
Celebrate with a special expansion launch event
From now until December 20, complete daily Event Quests to earn 6 Signature cards, a March of the Lich King pack, and a special Card Back.
Play through the Death Knight Prologue now
Experience (or re-experience, for the acquainted Warcraft players) the iconic story of the haughty prince Arthas Menethil as he forsakes the Light and becomes Hearthstone’s first Death Knight: the Lich King. Completing the Prologue unlocks the Death Knight class and immediately awards 32 free Death Knight cards.
Transform into a stalwart Temple Guardian
The Season Seven Battle Pass has arrived, bringing with it 40 new ranks of challenges to conquer and rewards to earn. Harness the power of a bygone era as you scale the tiers and complete your metamorphosis into a monolithic construct.
Unlock new rewards in the limited-time Shields of the Hearth event
Bitter winds carry the whispers of evil to every corner of this frozen land; protect the world from its grasping fingers by completing daily Shields of the Hearth tasks from now until December 21.
Developer Q&A: A summary of the latest Sanctuary news
Once a month, the development teams at Blizzard and Netease select a handful of Diablo Immortal community questions to answer. In case you missed November’s blog, here’s a rundown of their responses:
- The team plans to improve the Set item-collecting experience in the upcoming December 14 Major Content Update
- Changes will be added in the coming months that will increase your experience boost if you’re significantly behind Server Paragon Level
- A re-customization feature that will allow you to hide your character’s helmet and change their appearance will be implemented in the next Content Update
- Stormpoint, the next new zone, will also arrive on December 14, expanding Diablo Immortal’s story and introducing a new questline
Check out the full November Q&A for more in-depth information about upcoming content.
Join the Battle for Olympus in Season 2
Sing, O Muse, of the rage of Ramattra. A new hero is here, and he’s ready to unleash Annihilation upon his enemies. Alongside the latest addition to the roster, Season 2 brings a myriad of new in-game developments:
- Sojourn and Doomfist have received balance changes to keep them in line with the rest of Overwatch 2’s heroes
- Along with the new Shambali Monastery, Rialto and Blizzard World will be returning to the map rotation, while Hollywood and Watchpoint: Gibraltar will be shuffled out for the Season
- Bask in the glory of the gods with a new set of Greek mythology-inspired skins, including Mythic Zeus Junker Queen
- Did you miss out on getting Kiriko in Season 1? Accept her Challenge and win games to unlock her
Learn more about everything arriving throughout Season 2 in the latest update blog.
Building a revolutionary: Behind Ramattra’s development
Walk through the concept and kit design of Overwatch 2’s latest hero with team members Josh Noh and Tess Leiman.
- Ramattra is the first tempo tank—a hero with the ability to change forms on the fly—to debut in the game
- Both forms change his appearance and weapon, allowing him to swap between staff-wielding and bare-fisted Pummelling
- His complex playstyle mirrors his history and ideals as a character. Ramattra’s Omnic form is tactical, giving you a glimpse into his ingenious mind, while his imposing Nemesis form is a physical manifestation of his rage
Get a more in-depth look at the process behind Ramattra’s design in his deep-dive blog.
Call of Duty
Call of Duty League’s 2023 season kicks off soon
Tune in from December 15-18 to watch the world’s 12 greatest League teams compete to be crowned Major I Champion.