The Kali Sticks: How to Unlock the New Melee Weapon in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®
Season Four brings a new melee weapon into the fray across Multiplayer, Co-Op, and Warzone®.
Free for everyone who completes the challenge, the Kali Sticks are going to break more bones and bring more hurt than words ever could. Here’s the in-game description:
“Dual wielding batons allow operators to approach their targets with great agility. Sturdy, lightweight design enables rapid attacks for zoning your enemies.”
And here’s how you unlock the Kali Sticks:
Using the Knife, get 3 Kills while sliding in 15 different matches.
While it will take some practice, earning the Kali Sticks should only take you a few in-game hours of playtime.
An Alternate Unlock Path
Before we go into the tips for unlocking these dual batons of doom, there is another way to unlock the Kali Sticks outside of the challenge.
Season Four’s ‘Dragon Turtle’ Store bundle features three items including a blueprint of the Kali Sticks called the Ram Jam. If you can’t wait to play with the Kali Sticks, pick up the bundle today. Alternatively, if you’d rather earn this weapon through the in-game challenge–which is the only way to level the weapon up and unlock its Camo Challenges–we have some tips to make it easier for you:
Top 5 Kali Sticks Challenge Tips
5. Wood You Mind Making a Melee Loadout? Here’s a recommended melee loadout using the Combat Knife:
Primary Weapon: Riot Shield (for back protection)
Secondary Weapon: Combat Knife (mandatory)
Perk 1: Double Time (close in on your enemies more quickly)
Perk 2: Ghost (hides death markers of enemies you kill and keeps you off radars)
Perk 3: Tracker (hunt down enemies via their footsteps)
Lethal Equipment: Any
Tactical Equipment: Any
4. Stick and Slide. To slide, perform a crouch command while sprinting. Slide as close to your target as possible, then slice and dice. Do that three times in a match, over 15 games, and the Kali Sticks are yours.
3. Kali-mity Equals Opportunity. Enemies with tunnel vision–read: are scoped in–or who are in the middle of a firefight are prime melee targets. Get behind enemy lines in the middle of a sniper duel and slide your way to the kill.
2. Stick to Multi-Life Multiplayer Warzone Modes. The more opportunities you have, the better. Besides playing respawn-heavy Multiplayer and Warzone modes, try ones with long potential durations–i.e. Warzone Rumble or Demolition–to maximize your chances.
1. Be Like Oak: Bend, Don’t Break. Fifteen sliding melee kill triplets seems daunting at first, but be patient and creative! Work on your Combat Knife camo or mastery challenges, or throw your opponents off by switching to a long-range loadout after getting those slides in.
Because the Kali Sticks are similar to the Combat Knife, our tips for completing this challenge apply for being a master with the sticks as well.
Good luck and we’ll see you online.