World of Warcraft News and Development Updates
This week in World of Warcraft, players are making their way to Azure Span as the Dragonflight alpha begins. Check out some of the articles that will give you a closer look at Dragonflight—including a look at dracthyr customizations, a zone preview of Azure Span, a new professions system, and more.
In case you missed it, we're also excited to (officially) welcome Proletariat to Blizzard. You can find the full press release on the announcement here.
Dragonflight News and Development
The World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Alpha Test Has Begun
The World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight alpha test has begun! Throughout the testing, we'll invite community veterans, press, fansites, friends, and family to check out the upcoming expansion and give us feedback. Learn more here.
Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr
The new Dracthyr race provides a variety of features to customize your character, including bold horn options, a diverse palette of colors to choose from, and more.
In this preview, we show off more choices available for you to fully express your Dracthyr form.
Dragonflight Zone Preview: The Azure Span
The Azure Span is one of the largest zones created in World of Warcraft to date and offers the greatest visual elevation change players will see in the Dragon Isles.
Take a peek at this ancient frost-touched land and explore the snowy peaks, misty forests, and icy tundra in this zone preview.
Dragonflight Talent Previews
Dragonflight provides an opportunity for some major updates to classes in World of Warcraft with the re-introduction of talent trees. In these previews, we take a first look at the Hunter and Rogue, and Priest class prototype trees.
Dragonflight Preview: Professions
With Dragonflight development in full swing, you will soon get a chance to try out the new and updated profession system in World of Warcraft.
In this preview, the development team takes you further into the new profession updates and what it means for crafting in Dragonflight. To learn more about the new crafting stations and equipment becoming available in Dragonflight, you'll want to check out this preview.
Season of Mastery: Enter the Dread Citadel Naxxramas on July 28
Floating above the Plaguelands, the necropolis known as Naxxramas serves as the seat of one of the Lich King’s most powerful officers, the dreaded lich Kel’Thuzad. Horrors of the past and new terrors yet to be unleashed are gathering inside the necropolis as the Lich King’s servants prepare their assault. The Scourge marches again. Find more details in our article.
The Great Push is Expanding for Shadowlands Season 4!
Shadowlands Season 4 marks a new approach to a World of Warcraft® Season, and with the return of some of WoW's favorite dungeons, we're excited to mark a new era for The Great Push (TGP) with an expanded event format while pushing the frontiers of what's possible in Mythic Dungeons, on YouTube and Twitch. More details can be found in our article.
The 2022 AWC Grand Finals & Cross-Region Tournament
The AWC is celebrating 15 years of high-level Arena competition, and this year's Grand Finals promises to be no different. Starting July 16, the top European and North American teams duke it out one final time to conclude the ultimate combatants of the Shadowlands Arenas in their respective regions.
And remember, watch two hours on any of the eligible YouTube channels listed to receive the exclusive Fearless Spectator title. Details and information can be found in our article.
Here are the latest hotfixes that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. Some of these hotfixes take effect the moment they are implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please remember that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
Get the Nether-Gorged Greatwyrm
The Nether-Gorged Greatwyrm will carry you to the far-off horizons of whatever plane of existence your adventures take you. Embark on an electrifying journey and discover new sources of delicious arcane power along the way. Learn how to add this gluttonous mount and the Tabard of Flame to your collection here.
Loading Screen Wallpaper
Members of the WoW community are sending us their in-game screenshots, and you can too. Share your screenshots on Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #WoWShare. We'll select some of our favorites to feature in upcoming articles and on the Warcraft social media accounts! Make sure your images are 1200x675 or larger.
Here are some of our favorites this week. Click to enlarge.
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
- Torghast: Beasts of Prodigum
- Beasts of Prodigum have been unleashed upon Torghast, Tower of the Damned!
- Arena Skirmish Bonus Event
- While this event is active, Arena Skirmishes will award Honor at an increased rate. Will you answer the call to battle?
- PvP Brawl: Comp Stomp
- Jump into Arathi Basin for a head-to-head battle against AI opponents. Use the Group Finder tool (default hotkey: i) in the Player vs. Player tab to participate.
- Luminous Luminaries
- GG Engineering has discovered luminescent creatures in the depths of Vashj'ir. They need your help researching the creatures before they disappear into the deep sea again!
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
- PvP Brawl: Deepwind Dunk
- Can you even dunk? If you want to win this brawl, you're going to need to work on your skills because Dunkball has come to Pandaria.
- Weekly Bonus Event: World Quests
- While this event is active, completing World Quests awards bonus reputation with the appropriate faction.
- Auction House Dance Party
- The main auction houses in Orgrimmar and Stormwind have been cleaned out and turned into Dance Parties for the day. Crowd on in and show some faction pride!
Beginning the week of July 25:
- PvP Brawl: Shado-Pan Showdown
- Step into Tiger's Peak Arena and get ready for the Shado-Pan Showdown. You'll race for control of a center control point to activate one of two bosses. The first to kill the other team's boss wins!
Check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!