The Shadowlands Pre-Expansion Patch is Now Live
The Shadowlands pre-expansion patch is now live. Check out our survival guide video to learn more.
Shadowlands Preview: Cleanse the Scourge in the Shadowlands Pre-Launch Event
Eradicate the Scourge rampaging across Azeroth to earn unique rewards in the time limited pre-launch event. [LEARN MORE]
Shadowlands Preview: Character Customization
Update your look with hundreds of new character customization options. [LEARN MORE]
Explore the Updates in the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch.
To help you learn more about the upcoming pre-expansion patch, we’ve compiled a variety of useful information. [LEARN MORE
Shadowlands Pre-Expansion Patch Notes
Learn more about the changes and new additions for the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch in our notes. [LEARN MORE
New Starting Experience Now Available
Adventure awaits in Azeroth in an all-new starting experience arriving with Shadowlands. Available to both veteran players and new, this introductory excursion is a great way to begin forging your path through the world.
An expedition has gone missing, and you have been called to be a part of a new crew of novice adventurers charged with discovering what’s become of them. As with many such journeys, you’ll find yourself as part of a crew aboard a ship bound to their last known location. When things take a turn for the worse, you’ll make landfall on the island of Exile’s Reach.
It’s here that you’ll begin to face the challenges the island presents, each increasing in difficulty as you work your way through your first 10 levels. As you progress, you’ll begin to learn more about using the new skills and abilities at your disposal.
At the culmination of your adventure, you’ll face two new bosses in a “mini-dungeon” designed for 1 to 5 players.
Learning New Skills
This new experience is carefully crafted to teach you a variety of skills needed to be successful in Azeroth and beyond.
As you make your way through Exile's Reach, you’ll learn all about the fundamentals of playing World of Warcraft, while also diving into some of the most important mechanics for your chosen class. Warriors will learn the essentials of a good Charge; Rogues will go through the gauntlet of proper use of combo points; while Hunters will learn how to tame and stable their pets.
Along the way, you’ll encounter new allies in Exile's Reach who are willing to teach you more abilities for your class. Paladins will encounter the ghost of a former paladin willing to teach them Divine Shield, while Monks will receive guidance through meditation to learn Touch of Death.
These fundamentals are the building blocks you’ll need to take on the many challenges waiting in Azeroth, and will help you along the path to success—wherever your adventure takes you.
For New Players
If you’re new to World of Warcraft and have never created or leveled a character, you will automatically begin your journey into Azeroth with the starting experience—helping you learn the basics of your class and the fundamentals of interacting with the world you’ve become a part of.
After completing the adventure, you’ll move into Battle for Azeroth, where you’ll be able to level through the expansion to level 50 before moving on into the Shadowlands.
For Veteran Players
If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race. Upon reaching level 10, you can either continue into Battle for Azeroth or speak with Chromie to choose the expansion that you’d like to continue leveling in before you enter Shadowlands at level 50. Players with Allied race characters will begin at level 10. Non-Allied race Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 8 and play through their own starting experience before moving on around level 10.
The WoW Companion App Now Available
The Horde and the Alliance face a new challenge within the Shadowlands, but even the most dedicated champions can’t be at their computer all of the time. To stay on top the latest events in Azeroth, you’ll be able to download the free mobile app that lets players take World of Warcraft with you anywhere you go with multiple expansion support—including the new Adventures feature in Shadowlands.
With the updated WoW Companion App, you’ll be able to choose from the Legion, Battle for Azeroth, and Shadowlands expansion to access the content you want on the go, view the latest World of Warcraft news, and set your favorite characters for quick access.
Note: To access each expansion’s content within the app, you’ll need to have first unlocked it within the game.
Plan and Manage Your Shadowlands Adventures
With the updated WoW Companion App, you’ll be able to delve into your role as a member of one of four Covenants— Kyrian, Necrolord, Night Fae, and Venthyr— through the new Adventures feature. You’ll put your tactical skills to the test in these combat puzzles, including who you’ll send to face them and how you’ll use their skills to claim victory.
- Start and Complete Adventures: View all Adventures available to your character, the associated rewards and set your Adventurers to undertake them.
- Manage Your Adventurers: View your Adventurers and their status before you send them on their next Adventure.
- View Callings Quests: View active Callings Quests and available rewards from directly within the app to help plan your exploits for when you’re in the game.
- Updated! Multiple Expansion Support: Access Legion, Battle for Azeroth, and Shadowlands content right from your mobile device anywhere you go.
- Updated! WoW News: Stay on top of the latest news wherever you go.
- Examine Your Character: Inspect your character’s weapons, armor and other character information. Keep tabs on their power and help plan which pieces of gear you want to go for next.
- WoW Community and Guild Chat: Stay in touch with your friends and guildmates wherever you go.
- Calendar: Manage your personal, community and guild events, as well as view upcoming holidays.
Battle for Azeroth
- Track World Quests: View active World Quests, emissary bounties, and available rewards from directly within the app-then plan your adventures for when you’re in the game.
- Manage Your Missions: Send your champions and troops out on missions for your faction, all while you’re on the go. Collect rewards from completed missions, manage your champions, upgrade their gear, and recruit troops for future missions.
- Fuel the War Campaign: Conduct research to unlock upgrades and track the status of your War Talent Tree, maintaining the momentum of your in-game progress.
- Explore World Quests: View active World Quests available for your character and the available rewards from directly within the app, then plan your adventures for when you’re in game.
- Manage Followers: View your Followers and manage their equipment and upgrades.
- Train Recruits: Select the troops you’d like to train and send them on missions with your Followers.
- Start and complete Missions: View all Missions available to your character, the associated rewards, and set your Followers and troops out to undertake them.
- Research Order Hall upgrades: Upgrade your Order Hall Upgrades or change ones you’ve previously selected.
The updated WoW Companion App is available for upgrade from the Apple App Store and Google Play with the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch. Additional expansion features will be available with the launch of Shadowlands.