A Many Splendored Thing: Love is in the Air Has Begun!
Something is in the air in the major cities of Azeroth. Many guards and townsfolk spend their days giving and receiving gifts to other amorous citizens.
Sounds and fragrances swirl through the Azerothian air with the undiluted smell of love. Light with a hint of armor oil and mana notes, there’s just a hint of chemical top notes and a slight undercurrent of charm… or is that just conspiracy?
When: February 6–20
Where: Orgrimmar (Horde) and Stormwind (Alliance)
Currency: Love Tokens
Use the Group Finder (I) to participate in an encounter against Apothecary Hummel, granting a Heart-Shaped Box (which contains holiday loot) as a daily reward. This is available to characters level 10 and above.
Main Quest Line
The Steamwheedle Cartel suspects there’s something shady about the goblin newcomers of the Crown Chemical Company. Investigators have been hired to get to the bottom of things—with your help.
Complete special daily quests to obtain experience, money, and Love Tokens to purchase holiday items.
Eat the eight “Bag of Candies” heart candies listed – Be Mine!, I’ll follow you all around Azeroth, All yours, I’m all yours!, Hot Lips, You’re Mine!, You’re the best!, I LOVE YOU
Create 12 Lovely Charm Bracelets
Assist the Steamwheedle Cartel in stopping the sinister Crown Chemical Co. plot.
*Fistful of Love
Use a Handful of Rose Petals on each of the race/class combinations listed – Gnome Warlock, Human Death Knight, Orc Shaman, Undead Warrior, Blood Elf Mage, Dwarf Hunter, Orc Death Knight, Night Elf Priest, Tauren Druid, Troll Rogue, Draenei Paladin.
*Flirt With Disaster
Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a handful of rose petals on Jeremia Payson and then kiss him. You’ll regret it in the morning.
*I Pitied the Fool
Pity the Love Fool in the locations specified – Wintergrasp, Battle Ring of Gurubashi Arena, Arathi Basin Blacksmith, The Culling of Stratholme, Naxxramas.
It Might Just Save Your Life
Unleash the power of love contained within a holiday necklace.
Enjoy a Buttermilk Delight with someone in Dalaran at a Romantic Picnic during the Love Is in the Air celebration.
Have 10 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.
Lovely Luck Is on Your Side
Open a Lovely Dress Box and receive a Lovely Black Dress.
*My Love Is Like a Red, Red Rose
Obtain a Bouquet of Red or Ebon Roses during the Love Is in the Air celebration.
*Nation of Adoration
Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest of each Horde capital – A Gift for the High Overlord, A Gift for the Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas, A Gift for the High Chieftain, A Gift for the Banshee Queen
Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet pet by procuring a Truesilver Shafted Arrow.
Shoot 10 players with the Silver Shafted Arrow.
Sample the Love Is in the Air candies listed–Buttermilk Delight, Dark Desire, Sweet Surprise, Very Berry Cream.
*The Rocket's Pink Glare
Shoot off 10 Love Rockets in 20 seconds or less.
Defeat the trio of Crown Chemical Co. apothecaries in Shadowfang Keep.
*These achievements are required to earn the meta-achievement Fool for Love, which grants the title reward The Love Fool.
- X-45 Heartbreaker: The Heart-Shaped Box, a daily reward from the Dungeon Finder for defeating Apothecary Hummel, has a chance to drop a stylish flying mount for players level 60+: the X-45 Heartbreaker!
- Swift Lovebird: Take to the ground atop this pink, flightless bird, sure to set the mood for any acrophobic romantic engagements. Available in exchange for Love Tokens at your faction’s Lovely Merchants, NPC vendors located in capital cities.
- Toxic Wasteling: This disgusting (but friendly!) ooze will grow in size as it eats critters that cross your path.
- Truesilver Shafted Arrow: Summon a lil’ winged goblin of love by spending Love Tokens at your faction’s Lovely Merchants.
- Lovebird Hatchling: This darling pink lovebird can be purchased from the Lovely Merchants.
- Heirlooms: Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard, Ancient Heirloom Scabbard
- Toys: Peddlefeet's Lovely Hearthstone, Romantic Picnic Basket, Love Boat
- Other: Forever-Lovely Rose, Bag of Heart Candies, Handful of Rose Petals, Lovely Rose, Manufactured Love Prism, Love Fool , Lovely Dress Box, Dinner Suit Box, Box of Chocolates
- Unnatural Enhancements: “Enchantress” Perfume, “Forever” Perfume, “Bravado” Perfume, “Wizardry” Cologne, “Victory” Perfume, “Stalwart” Cologne
Love is in the Air Arrives in WoW Classic: February 6–20
The Wrath of the Lich King™ Classic version of Love is in the Air is also available to those looking for a little love in a hostile world. Head over to Orgrimmar or Stormwind to take part.
The vicious Crown Chemical Co. is at large, scheming from within Shadowfang Keep. Help the Steamwheedle Cartel put an end to this threat, and you’ll be fabulously rewarded. You can obtain the following items from defeating the Crown Chemical Co.:
- Winking Eye of Love
- Choker of the Pure Heart
- Heartbreak Charm
- Sweet Perfume Broach
- Shard of Pirouetting Happiness
In addition, you’ll have a chance to obtain the X45-Heartbreaker mount.
In Wrath of the Lich King Classic, the Love is in the Air event features the following achievements:
- *Be Mine - Eat eight "Bag of Candies" heart candies.
- *Charming - Create 12 Lovely Charm Bracelets.
- *Dangerous Love - Assist the Steamwheedle Cartel in stopping the sinister Crown Chemical Co. plot.
- *Fistful of Love - Use a Handful of Rose Petals on specific race/class combinations.
- *Flirt with Disaster - Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a handful of rose petals on Jeremiah Payson or Sraaz and then kiss them. You'll regret it in the morning.
- *I Pitied the Fool - Pity the Love Fool at specific locations.
- *Lonely? - Enjoy a Buttermilk Delight with someone in Dalaran at a Romantic Picnic during the Love is in the Air celebration.
- Lovely Luck is on Your Side - Open a Lovely Dress Box and receive a Lovely Black Dress.
- *My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Obtain a Bouquet of Ebon Roses during the Love is in the Air Celebration.
- *Nation of Adoration - Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest for each capital city of your faction.
- Perma-Peddle - Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet pet by procuring a Truesilver Shafted Arrow.
- *The Rocket's Pink Glare - Shoot off 10 Love Rockets in 20 seconds or less.
- *Shafted! - Shoot 10 players with the Silver Shafted Arrow.
- *Sweet Tooth - Sample various Love is in the Air candies.
- Tough Love - Defeat the trio of Crown Chemical Co. apothecaries in Shadowfang Keep.
*Required achievements to unlock Fool for Love, a meta-achievement awards the title "The Love Fool". Fool for Love is part of the meta-achievements required to complete "What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been", which awards the Violet Proto-Drake mount.
For more information on the holiday, you can visit Wowhead's Holiday Guide or Wowhead's Classic Holiday Guide.