World of Warcraft 13th Anniversary Art Contest
It’s been 13 epic years since the World of Warcraft opened its doors to millions of heroes! To commemorate the occasion, we’re asking you to bring forth your talents to capture your favorite, themes, places, or moments from World of Warcraft. Let the very spirit of Azeroth herself inspire your creativity to create a piece of artwork using pens, pencil, paints, or your favorite art program. You could win one of the following items:
- First Place: Illidan Statue, choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie, and one (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in the winner’s size.
- Runner-Ups: Ten qualified entrants will be chosen to receive a choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie, and one (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in the winner’s size.
Entries can be submitted during the period of November 16 through November 30, 2017 to email@example.com. Each submission must be a high-resolution JPEG file of no more than 5MB in size to be considered for the contest. A submission must be your original work, and cannot include, in whole or part, any previously created work.
- Eligibility. BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC., A DELAWARE CORPORATION, (“BLIZZARD") IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST (“CONTEST”). ELIGIBILITY FOR THIS CONTEST IS LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, AND CANADA WHICH ARE: (i) OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, or if they are under the legal age of majority in THEIR country of residence on OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 16, 2017, are able to submit a signed, written statement that a parent or guardian has read, understood and agrees to these Contest rules with their entry, and that such agreement constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules on behalf of the parent or guardian and themselves, and THAT they are (a) over 13 years of age, AND (ii) WHO ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF THE STATES OF NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, CONNECTICUT, OR MARYLAND IN THE UNITED STATES, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA (“ENTRANTS”). IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THESE AREAS AND/OR OTHERWISE DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. There is no cost to enter or win. Offer void where prohibited. In the event of any dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail address from which the e-mail was sent.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- Contest Period. The Contest shall commence on 12:01 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on November 16, 2017 (the “Start Date”), and shall continue in duration until 11:59 PM PDT November 30, 2017 (the "Deadline"). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
- How to Enter. Qualified entrants must submit their entry attached via email firstname.lastname@example.org including their full legal name, battle.net associated email, and shipping address. Participants should also include a description of their entry where possible. Each submission must be a high resolution JPEG file of no more than 5MB in size to be considered for the Contest. A submission must be your original work, and cannot include, in whole or part, any previously created work (i.e. a photoshop manipulation of an existing image would be disqualified).
- Contest Rules. Sponsor shall choose the winners from all entrants who have submitted an entry prior to the Deadline. Winners shall be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion based upon which entrants display the most original, authentic and/or funny artistic expression that is based on the Blizzard Products. The decision of Sponsor is final. Prizewinners will be notified by e-mail within twenty one (21) days thereafter. To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification.
a. First Place Winner. One (1) qualified entrant will be chosen by Sponsor as the “First Place Winner,” and will receive a prize package consisting of: One (1) Illidan statue; the winner’s choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie; and (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in winner’s size. The approximate retail value of this prize package is $422.00.
b. Runner Up Winners. Ten (10) qualified entrant will be chosen by Sponsor as the “Runner Up Winners,” and will receive a prize package consisting of the winner’s choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie; and one (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in winner’s size. The approximate retail value of this prize package is $52.00.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Prize Winners must execute an affidavit of eligibility before they can receive their Prize(s). Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Sponsor Use of Entries. You hereby agree that in consideration of your being allowed the chance to enter the Contest, you hereby grant Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to utilize the entry materials that you submit to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"). The Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph 7.
- Publicity Release. Additionally, You also hereby agree that in consideration of your being allowed the chance to enter the Contest, Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, licensees and affiliates, shall have the perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to utilize your name, address (city and state), character, likeness, prize information, statements about the Contest, and your biography for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, and releases the Released Parties (defined in Section 11 below) from any liability with respect thereto. Sponsor shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your name, character, likeness, and biography in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity.
- Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- Collection of Information. The Entry Materials include a survey that requires you to enter your name, e-mail address, and state of residence. By entering the Contest, you consent to Sponsor's use of this information to inform you of open positions with Blizzard, and to associate your name with your submission in promotional materials for the Contest in the event that you are chosen to be a winner. As stated above, the contest is not open to anyone under the age of majority in your country of citizenship. In the event that Sponsor becomes aware that you are under the age of majority in your country of citizenship Sponsor will delete, erase or destroy any and all personally identifiable information that is obtained from the Entry Materials.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules and a release of liability.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after December 10, 2017 and before June 1, 2018 to Sponsor at the following address: "Shadows of Argus Art Contest - Winners List,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address: "Shadows of Argus Art Contest" - Rules Request, c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
- Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2017 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to email@example.com, or send written questions to “Shadows of Argus Art Contest”, c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612.
- Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Thank you to all the heroes of the Horde and Alliance who continue to join us on the many adventures within Azeroth and good luck!