Patch Notes for Season 3 and update 4.0.0.
Floe into the new year with Season 3, featuring our newest Blackrock Leader, Emperor Thaurissan, and two new emotes!
PvP Season 3
- Learn more about the new hot-headed Leader, Emperor Thaurissan in our Season 3 Article.
- Last season's new Mini, Chimaera, will now appear in the G.R.I.D and various Troop Choice rewards!
- Please note that a larger update with improvements to the PvP modifiers will be arriving in a separate update, early next week. As a result, players will notice some PvP modifiers changing shortly after the beginning of Season 3, in order to accomodate this new structure. Rest assured any progress made this week before the changes occur will not be lost!
- War Chest Crests will no longer be immediately granted based on players' new Honor after a Season reset, or re-earned for Honor below that value. Instead, all War Chest Crest rewards per 200 Honor gained (per family) have been greatly increased:
|Old Crests Per 200 Honor
|New Crests Per 200 Honor
Coming in the Next Update
Check out plenty of PvP Improvements, now with random Maps and a new "Enchant" mod type! We've also increased Warchest Point rewards from PvP Honor, and made some adjustments and fixes to Troops, Leaders, Talents, and more!
PvP Improvements: Structural Changes
- Maps will now be selected at random when you match with an opponent. Embrace the Chaos and keep things fresh!
- The previously rotating "Map" modifier will be replaced with a new Modifier type, Enchants.
- The PvP experience will now be defined by a Tower Type, Mod, and Enchant, occuring on the existing 6 week rotation, offset 2 weeks from each other.
- Enchants evolve as the match progresses. The first Enchant this season is Collateral Damage, which causes players' Bases to take damage whenever a Tower they control is captured!
- Some existing Mod types have been moved to the Enchant category, with new Mods arriving to take their place!
- Keep an eye out for a new Mod "Bounty Hunt" later this Season! Bounty Hunt awards players a bonus gold for every 5 enemy Minis they kill.
Additional PvP Improvements
- PvP wins will now award 2 reward pips in player's Daily Rewards!
- PvP wins will now re-roll Green Quests!
- Players will earn slightly more Honor if the Leader being played:
- Is below the average honor of their top 3 Leaders
- Has fallen below that Leader's peak honor for the current Season
- Has won several matches in a row and is considered to be on a "win streak"
- Treasure Chests will now spawn 15 seconds after a match begins, rather than immediately, giving players some time to contest!
- Resolved a rare situation where players would be silently matched with a "ghost" game and lose honor if they left the PvP queue before matching with another player.
- Resolved a visual issue where Minis would sometimes not appear to return to the tray if Players decided not to deploy them after dragging them out of the tray.
- Players can now use their equipped Emotes in Guild Chat!
- The "Arclight Surge Started" popup will now only indicate the currently surging zone(s), as intended.
- Mini info and Talent info can now be viewed for relevant items in the G.R.I.D!
- Talents in the G.R.I.D. will now display the name of the Mini they belong to.
- Aegis of Battle should now cause critical striking Minis to deal 2x damage as intended, was 3x damage.
- Shadowblade's description has been updated to clarify how its bonus damage works.
- New Relics have been added into the pool! Play some Dungeons and try them out!
- Bloodlust Epaulets - Your Minis gain Bloodlust below 50% health.
- Vanishing Powder - Your Minis cast Smoke Bomb at 50% health, Stealthing nearby allies.
- Escape Potion - At 50% health, your Minis Blink, teleporting backwards. Note: This Relic is temporarily disabled while we address a bug.
- Absorption Drape - Spells leave behind a mana crystal, granting Resist to the first ally who touches it.
- Heart of Fire - On death, your Minis leave behind a Heart of Fire, granting double damage on the next attack to the first ally that touches it.
- Soul Seeds - On death, your Minis leave behind a flower, healing the first ally that touches it.
- Baron Rivendare's passive skeletons will no longer spawn from under-construction towers and meeting stones.
- Cairne should now retain Bloodlust after resurrecting via the Rebirth talent during Bloodsport Surges.
- Emperor Thaurissan now has the Bombard trait.
- Tirion's Divine Shield Talent should now properly ignore damage from an enemy Drakkisath.
- Angry Chickens using the Walking Crate Talent should no longer be immune to Polymorph
- Angry Chickens using the Walking Crate Talent should no longer be hit by ranged enemies below them while crossing a bridge.
- Core Hound's Guard Dog Talent should now deal 50% extra damage, as intended, was 150% extra damage.
- Gnoll Brute's Pillage Talent should now properly activate Sneed's "Sneed Before Greed" bonus.
- Gryphon Rider's MIghty Throw Talent should no longer cause her to switch targets sporadically.
- Huntress' Darnassian Steel Talent should no longer grant her an unintended +1 range.
- S.A.F.E. Pilot using the Gnomish Cloaking Device talent will now properly attack while Bloodlusted.
- Spiderlings and Plague Farmer have been given the "Elemental" Trait as intended, due to their non-Physical damage type.
- Blizzard's Cold Snap Talent should now properly stop enemy movement, even when the enemy has a speed buff.
- Cheat Death's Vampirism Talent should now properly trigger when affected Minis deal damage to a boss.