Stronger Together: All Co-op Commanders Free to Play for a Limited Time
With so many around the world staying safe indoors right now, we wanted to make it a little easier for everyone to connect with each other through StarCraft II. So reach out to your friends on Battle.net to join forces and triumph over the battlefield: from Friday March 20 PT through Thursday April 2 PT, we are lifting the free-play level cap on all Co-op Commanders. We’ll also be enabling 100% Co-op bonus XP through Thursday, April 16 PT. With every Commander, every unit, and every ability now open to everyone, the Koprulu Sector is here for you and your friends to come together and stand against those who would oppose you.
Additionally, as always, everyone is welcome to experience the free StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty single-player campaign. Whether you’re looking to explore the StarCraft II universe for the first time or just want to relive this thrilling chapter, immerse yourself in a story of sacrifice, betrayal, and courage among the stars.
And if you’d like more StarCraft II, Custom Games and non-Premium Arcade games are free, as are Unranked and Versus AI games. You can also join Ranked play after achieving 10 first wins of the day in Unranked or Versus AI. Try your hand at one of the most intricate tests of skill in competitive gaming in 1v1 combat, or in team games with friends!
Just the facts:
- All Co-op Commanders are free to play until Thursday, April 2 PT—with NO limitation on leveling.
- Everyone gets 100% Co-op bonus XP through Thursday, April 16 PT.
- After the event, you will keep all of the achievements you’ve earned. Commanders you do not own will drop back down to level 5.
- If you decide you like certain Commanders and buy them later, your previously earned levels will be restored.
There are some known issues with this release:
- Players may receive achievement toasts for Commander purchase rewards at the beginning and end of the free Commander period despite not having made any purchases.
- Though the UI on the Commander-selection screen will show XP as being capped after level 5 for unowned Commanders, players will be able to level up these Commanders as normal.
See you starside, commanders!