StarCraft II Balance Update -- November 28, 2017
In recent weeks, we've been discussing potential changes to make after the recent major design overhaul to the game. Today, we are implementing a balance update in all regions to put the following changes into effect. Thank you for all your feedback in helping us develop these updates. We will continue to monitor the game after these changes are in effect, and welcome your feedback.
- Can no longer cast Fungal Growth while burrowed.
- Fungal Growth radius reduced from 2.5 to 2.25.
- Infested Terran cast range reduced from 9 to 7.
- Overlord and Corruptors will respond more quickly to morph commands.
- Pulsar Beam
- Damage reduced from 15 (+10 Light) to 15 (+7 Light).
- Pulsar Beam damage type changed from normal to spell damage.
- Increase build time from 37 to 43 seconds.
- Pulsar Beam
- Shield Battery cost increased from 75 Minerals to 100 Minerals.
- Ghost's Steady Targeting will return 100% energy when interrupted.
- Smart Servos cost reduced from 150 Minerals / 150 Vespene Gas to 100/100.
- Rapid Fire Launchers cost reduced from 150/150 to 75/75.
- Ghost cost changed from 200/100 to 150/125.
- Drilling Claws cost reduced from 150/150 to 75/75.
If you're interested in the StarCraft II Balance Team's reasoning behind each our changes, take a look through some of the recent Community Feedback Updates for more information!
As always, we appreciate all the feedback we’ve received from the community. Your feedback and playtesting helped shape this update, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in future balance discussions. Until next time, we hope you enjoy these changes!