Legacy of the Void Launch Day Patch Notes
Players who have purchased Legacy of the Void now have access to all of its content.
- Witness the conclusion to the StarCraft II trilogy.
- Command the noble Protoss to save the galaxy over the course of 19 exciting missions that span multiple worlds.
- Take control of the ancient Protoss arkship, the Spear of Adun, to call down devastating strikes directly onto the battlefield.
- Explore mysterious new planets with the addition of eight new and vibrant tilesets.
- After you’ve completed the Legacy of the Void campaign, experience the resolution to the storylines of Jim Raynor, Sarah Kerrigan, and Artanis in “Into the Void”, the 3-mission epilogue campaign to Legacy of the Void and the capstone to the epic story that begun in the original StarCraft.
- Compete in the definitive version of the StarCraft II multiplayer experience.
- Six new units have been added across the Terran, Protoss, and Zerg races.
- A number of existing units from both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm have been retrofitted with new abilities and upgrades.
- Wage war across 10 new multiplayer maps with more to come in each new ladder season.
- New game mode: Co-op Missions
- Play cooperatively with your friend, or be paired with a partner of your skill level.
- You each select one of StarCraft’s legendary commanders, which defines your army options.
- Work together on a campaign-style mission, with objectives that need to be completed in order to win.
- Completing missions gains you experience and levels up your commander.
- As levels are unlocked, gain new powerful abilities that increase the strength of your commander.
- New Multiplayer option: Archon Mode
- Two players team up to share control of a single base.
- Play at a new level of competition, with your combined focus allowing for more complex strategies.
- Compete on the ranked ladder, all the way up to Grandmaster League!
- Become a StarCraft II champion in daily Automated Tournaments.
- Sign up for tournaments and participate in the ultimate expression of the StarCraft II competitive experience.
- Tournaments run every two hours throughout the day, and tournament games feed into your 1v1 rank and league standing.
- Compete in 3-round tournaments on weekdays and 6-round tournaments on weekends.
- Earn trophies to fill up your trophy case and show off the spoils of your victories!
- And much more:
- The level cap has been raised to 150 (15 new levels per race), along with the addition of a plethora of new achievements and rewards.
- Tactical and scripted A.I. have been updated to utilize the new multiplayer changes in Legacy of the Void.
- New players can learn the game through an updated Tutorial experience that steps through the different races.
- Multiplayer Training missions have been updated to reflect the changes to gameplay in Legacy of the Void.
- Race-specific mouse confirmation cursors now appear when utilizing rally points and waypoints.
- Destructible rocks and Xel’Naga watch towers now appear on the minimap.
- Legacy of the Void includes all of the awesome new features recently added in Patch 3.0 and Patch 3.0.3, including the free “Whispers of Oblivion” prologue campaign, a completely revamped user interface, a redesigned Chat system, an updated Arcade, Regional Game Servers, new SC2 Editor features, and much more!
If you have any issues or concerns, we’re here to help:
Good luck and have fun!