This Weekend Only: Jump into Quick Play: Hacked - Quicker Play
This weekend only, Sombra is changing up the rules for Quick Play. Enjoy Quick Play: Hacked – Quicker Play - a fun, new way to play with faster capture speeds, payloads, and respawn times. Experience more team fights, more games, and new strategies. Here are the changes:
- Respawning times are now 75% of their original time.
- Payloads in Escort and Hybrid maps will move 60% faster.
- Taking control of the Objective Point in Hybrid is 40% faster than normal.
- Taking control of the objective point in Control is 40% faster than normal, and scoring the capture progress percentage is 80% faster.
- Taking control of the objective point in Flashpoint is 20% faster than normal, and scoring the capture progress percentage is 40% faster.
- When you play an Escort, Hybrid, or Push map, the initial match time has been reduced to 70% of the original time, and any time extensions are also reduced to 70% of the total time added.
- These changes only apply to all players who play in Role Queue and Open Queue Quick Play modes during the duration of the event and will return to normal after January 14. Competitive Play and Arcade modes are not affected by these changes.
Quicker Play is the first Quick Play: Hacked. We want to explore new and fun ways to change core Quick Play gameplay. Changes will happen periodically and only for a limited time.
We know you may have some questions, so here is a short FAQ to help:
Q. Why change the rules of Quick Play for a weekend?
We want to learn what changes to Overwatch 2 you enjoy the most. Testing new ideas with you for a limited time allows us to quickly understand what you like and possibly implement changes to improve gameplay. This also gives players of all skill levels an opportunity to try out new playstyles and strategies that wouldn’t necessarily work as well in a traditional game of Overwatch.
Q. Why not create a separate play card in the Arcade?
The Arcade is meant for game modes that typically only play one specific map type (like Assault) or completely different ways to play Overwatch. The Quick Play: Hacked changes affect the core gameplay of our main mode, while still aiming to bring a more balanced play experience that is unique from the traditional ruleset.
Q. Why didn’t we bring back the Experimental Play card?
We want to encourage more players to join in on the fun. In addition, most of the experimental cards from Overwatch tested hero balance changes, whereas these changes affect the core gameplay rules of Quick Play.
Q. How can I play the regular Quick Play ruleset?
You can start up a custom game with the traditional Quick Play rules and invite other players. Quick Play matchmaking will return to the normal rules after January 14.
Be sure to log in starting tomorrow, January 12, through January 14, and see how fast you can keep up with Quicker Play. Let us know what you think and what new hacks to Quick Play you would like to see in the future.