Welcome to Season 13 of Competitive Play
Get ready to sharpen your skills and perfect your strategies—Season 13 of Competitive Play has begun!
Unlocked at level 25, Competitive Play is designed for those players who want to put their skills to the test, and offers a more serious experience than our Quick Play or Arcade Modes.
To begin your competitive journey this season, click on the “Play” button, select “Competitive Play” from the submenu, and you’re ready to enter a match. You can join on your own or in a group, and Overwatch’s matchmaking system will automatically find the best game possible for your skill level.
Before you can kick off your competitive career, every player must first complete 10 placement matches to obtain their initial skill rating. This rating will be a number between 1 and 5000, with higher values indicating a greater skill level. Players will also be assigned a tier based on their rating—Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, or Grandmaster—and climbing into the next tier is possible as you improve.
Skill ratings and tier icons will be visible at the beginning of every match. As you compete, your rating will increase or decrease with each win or loss based on a number of factors, including your own performance and the skill of the other players in the match.
A detailed breakdown of the skill tiers, along with icons and information about the corresponding skill ratings can be found by pressing the “Information” button under the Competitive Play menu.
In addition to experiencing the thrill of victory, players can also unlock unique rewards through Competitive Play. Anyone who completes their placement matches during a season will receive a special spray and player icon. If you are placed within the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region) at the end of the season, you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray.
On top of that, as you complete competitive matches, you’ll earn a currency called Competitive Points. When the season concludes, you’ll also receive a number of those points (based on your overall performance) to spend on golden versions of your favorite heroes’ weapons.
Competitive Team Deathmatch
- Lock and load as your favorite dueling heroes in our newest Competitive Play mode: Team Deathmatch! This 4v4 format pits players against each other in a battle for survival—first team to 30 points wins the match. Group up with your friends or get matched with similarly-skilled players to climb tiers and earn rewards. The three-week season is already underway so be sure to play before time runs out!
- After an extensive rework, Torbjörn’s ready to return to the fray for his first full Competitive Play season. The changes to his weapons and abilities increase his effectiveness in a wider range of situations while preserving the identity of the hero. He no longer relies on a scrap system, his turret is easier to deploy, and we’ve replaced the Armor Pack ability with Overload—a powerful self-buff—and transformed Molten Core into a powerful new area denial ultimate ability.
- Rivet Gun
- Torbjörn fires rivets at long range or ejects molten metal from his gun in a short, close-range burst
- Forge Hammer
- This multipurpose hammer repairs turrets and, in a pinch, can also be used as a weapon.
- Deploy Turret
- Torbjörn deploys a self-building turret which automatically tracks and attacks enemies.
- Torbjörn gains additional armor as well as improved attack, movement, and reload speed for a brief period.
- Molten Core
- Torbjörn creates pools of molten slag that deal massive, sustained damage (plus bonus damage to armor), and can prevent enemies from moving through key locations.
- Rivet Gun
Season 13 is live RIGHT NOW on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, so power up your favorite gaming machine and join the fight. We’ll see you on the battlefield!