Heroes of the Storm
Alterac Pass Balance Changes – July 3, 2018
We’ve just applied a number of balance changes to the Alterac Pass Battleground.
- Health reduced from 24,000 to 20,000.
- Now gain 405 maximum Health every minute until minute 21 (excluding minute 1).
- No longer gain additional Armor for nearby Heroes.
- Health reduced from 10,000 to 8,000.
- Health scaling increased by 19%.
- Damage reduced from 85 to 65.
- Damage scaling increased by 22%.
- Reaver Minions
- Damage scaling increased by 50%.
Developer Comment: We’re making a few changes to Alterac Pass to reduce the frequency that one team can run away with an early lead, while still keeping the average game time roughly in line with our other Battlegrounds. We’re removing the mechanic that grants Cavalry additional Armor for every allied Hero in their aura, since we feel that multi-Hero pushes are already strong enough. We’ve also made Health scaling adjustments so that Vanndar and Drek’thar (the Core replacements) won’t be demolished as quickly by late game Heroes that have outscaled them and reduced their Armor. However, we are increasing the scaling of Cavalry and Reavers (Catapult replacements), so that games still end in a timely fashion. This should only come into play during games that become prolonged.
Head to the official Heroes of the Storm forums to share your feedback with us and discuss this post with other players.