Heroes Brawl of the Week: The Mines Reopen – December 16, 2016
Venture underground with this week's Brawl, The Mines Reopen, which features Shuffle Pick hero selection followed by a standard Heroes match on the freshly re-worked and re-released Haunted Mines! Collect Skulls deep within the mines to summon a Grave Golem and compel it to aid you on your mission to destroy the enemy Core.
Pick one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Haunted Mines. Be quick about it, though —you only have 30 seconds to choose!
Haunted Mines Basics
It has been quite a while since we last stepped foot into the Haunted Mines, so here's a refresher on the Battleground's primary objectives:
- Venture Underground: The Haunted Mines will periodically open with an Undead Army underneath.
- Collect the Skulls: Destroy the Undead and collect their Skulls to summon a powerful Golem. The more Skulls each team collects, of the total 100 contained within the mines, the stronger their Golems become.
- Unleash the Golems: After the Undead have been defeated, a Golem will rise for each team and plow through a lane in search of Structures to destroy.
Haunted Mines Updates
The Haunted Mines Battleground has undergone significant changes since it was last available for play, and we've turned it into this week's Heroes Brawl so everyone can get familiar with the adjustments we've made. Here are the key changes:
- Grave Golems now spawn in fixed positions in each lane, and switch lanes each time they are summoned.
- The layout of the Underground Mines has been reworked, and the Neutral Grave Golem can now be found at its center.
- The upper level’s center area has been reworked.
- Additional Mine Entrances have been placed to the East and West of the Battleground’s center area, for a total of 4.
- A Mercenary Camp has been placed near each Mine Entrance, featuring Siege Giants at the East and West Entrances, and Sappers in the North and South.
Complete three matches of The Mines Reopen to earn 1,000 Gold and the following portrait:
Find out more about the new Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for this exciting new game mode.