27.6 Patch Notes
Patch 27.6, launching today, is a huge patch that introduces Hearthstone’s next expansion, Showdown in the Badlands, brings Un'Goro to Twist, makes Battlegrounds mid-season adjustments, and includes goodies for Blizzcon and Hallow’s End festivities!
Pre-Purchase Showdown in the Badlands
Saddle up for Hearthstone’s next expansion, Showdown in the Badlands, coming November 14! In the Badlands, the Bloodrock Mining Company’s struck Gold—or, rather, something even better: Azerite! Now they’re conscripting the townfolk and bleeding the land dry, putting the entire Badlands at risk. A band of mysterious, noble outlaws has banded together to put a stop to it, but the greedy Sheriff Barrelbrim won’t give up that easy. It all leads to this, a massive Showdown in the Badlands!
Showdown in the Badlands has 145 all-new, rootin’ and tootin’ collectible cards! You can learn more in the Showdown in the Badlands Announcement Blog. Two pre-purchase options are available now so you can be quick on the draw once the expansion launches.
Log in and Get Thunderbringer for Free!
Log in to Hearthstone now to start taming the Badlands with the free Thunderbringer Legendary minion!* This powerful steed is a noble Beast, infused with Elemental power. When its Deathrattle triggers, it summons an Elemental and a Beast from your deck! What will you choose to fill out your stable?
* Limited one per account. After Patch 28.6, Thunderbringer will be granted upon opening your first Showdown in the Badlands pack, instead of upon logging in.
Join the BlizzCon Celebration!
Blizzcon is right around the corner! This is your last chance to buy a ticket or a special BlizzCon Collection of in-game goodies. Hearthstone has some fun stuff planned for BlizzCon, including the premier of the Showdown in the Badlands cinematic, so you won’t want to miss it! Learn more about everything happening at BlizzCon this year in the official BlizzCon site, learn more about what Hearthstone goodies you can get in the BlizzCon Collection, and get your tickets today!
Whether you’re joining us at BlizzCon or following the announcements from home, from November 3 to November 10 you can complete a Legendary Quest to earn the special BlizzCon For All card back!
Twist Seasonal Update: Wonderful Un’Goro
We’re expanding the Wonders format for November, adding Un’Goro to the mix! With this update, the sets that are legal in Wonders will be:
- Caverns of Time
- Legacy (not Core)
- Curse of Naxxramas
- Goblins vs Gnomes
- Blackrock Mountain
- The Grand Tournament
- The League of Explorers
- Whispers of the Old Gods
- One Night in Karazhan
- Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
- Journey to Un’Goro
There will be no special rules modifier for the November season, but there is one more card pool update:
- “The Caverns Below” is banned in Twist this season.
In celebration of Un’Goro being added to Twist, the following cards are getting updated to better match Wild and the upcoming Twist format. These changes will go live with Patch 27.6, so you have some time to dust off your Un’Goro cards and try these updates out ahead of the Twist season rollover.
|Evolving Spores||3 Mana|
|Giant Anaconda||Gained Taunt|
|Jungle Giants||Summon 4 minions with 5 or more Attack.|
|Tyrantus||14/14. Taunt. Can’t be targeted with spells or Hero Powers.|
|Grievous Bite||Deal 3 damage to a minion and 1 to adjacent ones.|
|Tol’vir Warden||[4 Mana] 3/4|
|Terrorscale Stalker||[2 Mana] 2/3|
|Raptor Hatchling||Deathrattle: Shuffle a 4/5 Raptor into your deck.|
|Dinomancy||Replace your hero power with ‘Give a Beast +3/+3.’|
|Queen Carnassa (from The Marsh Queen)||Rush. Battlecry: Shuffle 20 Raptors into your deck.|
|Swamp King Dred||6 Mana|
|Mage||Shimmering Tempest||2/2. Battlecry: Add a random Mage spell to your hand.|
|Meteor||Deal 15 damage and 4 damage to adjacent ones.|
|Pyros||Second version is [4 Mana] 6/6, third version is [8 Mana] 10/10.|
|Hydrologist||Discover and cast a Secret.|
|Lightfused Stegodon||[3 Mana] 3/3|
|Dinosize||[7 Mana] Set stats to 7/14|
|The Last Kaleidosaur||Quest: Cast 5 spells on your minions. Galvadon: 8/8|
|Priest||Tortollan Shellraiser||[3 Mana] 2/5|
|Free from Amber||7 Mana|
|Mirage Caller||Can target any minion, not just friendly.|
|Lyra the Sunshard||4 Mana|
|Awaken the Makers||Summon 6 Deathrattle minions.|
|Rogue||Razorpetal Volley and Razorpetal Lasher||Razorpetals now deal 2 damage each.|
|Obsidian Shard||Costs (1) less for each non-Rogue class card you’ve added to your hand this game.|
|Envenom Weapon||2 Mana|
|Mimic Pod||2 Mana|
|Sherazin, Corpse Flower||6/3|
|Shaman||Tidal Surge||5 Damage|
|Spirit Echo||2 Mana|
|Stone Sentinel||5 Mana|
|Unite the Murlocs||Summon 8 Murlocs|
|Kalimos, Primal Lord||7 Mana|
|Warlock||Ravenous Pterrordax||[3 Mana] 3/3|
|Feeding Time||[4 Mana] Deal 3 damage to a minion. Summon three 1/1 Pterrordaxes and Adapt them.|
|Cruel Dinomancer||5 Mana|
|Chittering Tunneler||[2 Mana] 2/2|
|Warrior||Tar Lord||6 Mana|
|Direhorn Hatchling||4/6. Deathrattle: Shuffle a 8/12 Direhorn with Taunt into your deck.|
|Molten Blade||Transforms into a new weapon when in hand that changes each turn.|
|Sudden Genesis||4 Mana|
|Explore Un’Goro||“Choose Your Path” card costs 0.|
|King Mosh||7 Mana|
|Neutral||Stated Threshadon||5/8. Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon three 1/1 Murlocs.|
|Fire Plume Phoenix||Battlecry: Deal 3 damage.|
|Primalfin Lookout||2 Mana|
|Servant of Kalimos||5/5|
|Frozen Crusher||5 Mana|
|Emerald Hive Queen||3/3|
|Bright-Eyed Scout||3 Mana|
|Charged Devilsaur||7 Mana|
|The Voraxx||[3 Mana] 3/4|
|Elise, the Trailbrazer||Battlecry: Shuffle a sealed Un'Goro pack into your deck. If your deck contains no duplicates, draw it.|
You can now favorite multiple Hero Skins per Hero to get a random one of your favorites at the start of each game. Now you can bring even more great looks to the Tavern!
Additional Anomalies will be added to the Anomaly pool each week throughout Patch 27.6. When Anomalies are newly added to the Anomaly pool, they’ll have an increased appearance rate for that week. This is our last planned infusion of new Anomalies this Battlegrounds Season!
The following Anomalies are being added to the Anomaly pool with Patch 27.6:
|Anomalous Wisdomball||Starting on Turn 6, you occasionally get helpful Refreshes!|
|Anomalous Twin||Start of combat: Summon a copy of your highest-Health minion.|
|Anomalous Bribe||After you sell a minion, give its stats to a minion in the Tavern.|
|The Keys to Victory||After you play a minion, give your other minions +1/+1 for each Keyword they share with it.|
|Bring Home the Bacon||Start with two upgrading Piggy Banks. Break them open to gain Gold!
Piggy Bank: Gain 1 Gold. (Upgrades each turn!)
|Temperance of Aman'Thul||Start at Tavern Tier 4. Gain 10 extra Gold on your first turn only.|
|Audience's Choice||At the start of each turn, one player chooses a card of ANY Tier for ALL players to get at end of turn.|
The additional Anomalies coming throughout Patch 27.6 are:
|What Are the Odds?||Only Tavern Tiers 1, 3, and 5 exist. Triple rewards Discover a minion of your Tier.|
|How to Even??||Only Tavern Tiers 2, 4, and 6 exist. Triple rewards Discover a minion of your Tier.|
|Deep Blue Sooner||At the start of your turn, get 2 temporary 'Deep Blues'. They give a minion more stats each time|
|Treasure Hoard||On Turn 5, Discover a Golden Tier 3 minion.
Dev comment: Like the “Oops All” Anomaly, there are multiple versions of this one.
|Treasure Hoard||On Turn 6, Discover a Golden Tier 4 minion.|
|Treasure Hoard||On Turn 7, Discover a Golden Tier 5 minion.|
|Treasure Hoard||On Turn 8, Discover a Golden Tier 6 minion.|
|Valuation Inflation||Tavern Tier 1 does not exist. Minions cost gold equal to their Tavern Tier.|
|No Place Like Holmes||Each turn, look at 2 minions. Guess which one your next opponent had last combat for a Coin.|
|No Face, No Case||Every 4 turns, Get a 'Faceless Manipulator' that copies a minion of your choice.
Faceless Manipulator: [Tier 1] 3/3. Battlecry: Choose a minion and become a copy of it.
|Eleventh Hour||The first time your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it and gain 11 Gold next turn instead.|
|Feline Fortune||After another hero dies, Discover a minion from their warband. It keeps enchantments.|
Additionally, the “Transient Treasures” Anomaly has been renamed to “Anomalous Evidence” (no functional changes).
Observer of Myths (Tier 3)
- 1/4. After you summon a minion with more attack than this, give all friendly minions +1 Attack.
Diremuck Forager (Tier 3, Murloc)
- 4/3. Start of Combat: Give a Murloc in your hand +2/+2, then summon it for this combat only.
Heedless Hoarder (Tier 4, Murloc)
- 5/6. When you sell this, give a friendly Murloc this minion’s stats.
Slitherspear, Lord of Gains (Tier 5, Naga)
- 3/5. At the end of your turn, give your other Naga +1/+1 for each different spell you’ve cast this turn.
Sprightly Scarab (Tier 4, Beast)
- 5/2. Choose One – Give a Beast +1/+1 and Reborn; or +4/+4 and Taunt.
Hawkstrider Herald (Tier 5, Beast)
- 5/2. Start of Combat: Trigger all friendly Deathrattles.
Audacious Anchor (Tier 4, Pirate)
- 3/13. Start of Combat: Battle the nearest enemy minion to death!
Rapscallion Recruiter (Tier 5, Pirate)
- 9/3. Deathrattle: Summon 3 Scallywags.
Admiral Eliza Goreblade (Tier 6, Pirate)
- 6/7. Whenever a friendly Pirate attacks, give your minions +2/+1.
- Dev Comment: She’s alive!
Motley Phalanx (Tier 6, All)
- 7/7. Taunt. Deathrattle: Give a friendly minion of each type +7/+7.
Cultist S’thara (Tier 6)
- 11/3. Stealth. Deathrattle: Summon your first Demon that died this combat. It keeps enchantments.
Minion Pool Updates
- The following minions have been removed from the minion pool: Saltscale Honcho, Witchwing Nestmatron, Vanessa VanCleef, Reanimating Rattler, Critter Wrangler, Nightmare Amalgam, Palescale Crocolisk, Coldlight Seer, Mechano-Tank, Felstomper, and The Boogie Monster.
- The following minions have been returned to the minion pool: Tavern Tipper, Felfin Navigator, Kangor’s Apprentice, Goldrinn the Great Wolf, Tea Master Theotar, and Mecha-Jaraxxus.
- Old: Deathrattle: Summon the first 2 friendly Mechs that died this combat.
- New: Deathrattle: Summon your first 2 Mechs that died this combat.
- Dev Comment: This is a text-only update.
- Old: [Tier 4] 6/2
- New: [Tier 5] 8/3
Goldrinn, the Great Wolf
- Old: 4/4. Deathrattle: Give your Beasts +5/+5.
- New: 3/3. Deathrattle: For the rest of this combat, your Beasts have +3/+3.
When Patch 27.6 goes live, all current Arena runs will end and Hallow’s End will come to the Arena! Dual-class Arena is back, this time with the spooky new addition of Death Knight into the mix. Dual-class Arena will last until Patch 28.0. The eligible card sets during this period will be:
- Path of Arthas
- Rise of Shadows
- Darkmoon Faire
- Forged in the Barrens
- Festival of Legends
In-Game Event: Hallow’s End
There’s a new cowboy in town—the Headless Horseman! From October 17-November 2, you can complete holiday-themed Event Quests to earn Event XP on the special event rewards track. Complete the rewards track to earn two Standard packs, two TITANS packs, a Festival of Legends pack, a Lich King themed Dancin’ Deryl Battlegrounds skin, and a Pirate themed Illidan Demon Hunter skin!
Community Day and More!
Starting today, get into the spirit of the season with a treat of one free pack per week from the in-game shop, for a limited time. Check back often so you don’t miss any!
Then, this weekend, from 21-22, we’ll be hosting a special Community Day to celebrate the announcement of Showdown in the Badlands, prepare for the upcoming Twist season, and get hyped for BlizzCon! By participating in Community Day, you can rustle up 9 free packs within 24 hours!
Update: Community Day drops timing has been adjusted. The 24 hour period this weekend and the total rewards is still the same, but the drops breakdown and timing has been tweaked to the following.
From October 21, 9:00 a.m. (PT) to October 22, 8:59 a.m. (PT), you can earn four drops, each for watching one hour of any Hearthstone stream.
- First drop: 2 Journey to Un’Goro Packs
- Second drop: 1 Voyage to the Sunken City Pack + 1 Murder at Castle Nathria Pack
- Third drop: 1 March of the Lich King Pack + 1 Festival of Legends Pack
- Fourth drop: 1 TITANS Pack + 2 Showdown in the Badlands Packs
Tune in to your favorite streamers and join them for this fun celebration of Hearthstone’s community! Make sure you link your Twitch and Battle.net accounts so that your viewing time counts towards drops. Streamers in Hearthstone’s Creator Program have also been given BlizzCon Collection codes they’ll be giving away on their streams to add some giddyup to the celebration!
Mass Pack Opening Is Here!
Mass Pack Opening is now here, just in time for Showdown in the Badlands. Now you’ll be able to open up to 40 of the same type of pack at once (or up to 20 at once for Golden Packs)! That means you’ll be able to crack open your Pre-Purchase Bundles, or any other big bundles, with just a few clicks. Yee-haw!
Grab a pack from your stack and hold to pick up multiple packs at once. After you’ve gathered all the packs you want, move over to the pack-opening area and release your stack of packs!
The interface will then show you some highlights from your packs, which you can reveal one by one or all at the same time, and then it will give you a full summary of all the cards opened in that pack stack. All the cards will be in your Collection, like normal, for browsing and deckbuilding once your packs are all open.
Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- [General] The Hearthstone tutorial has been revamped and streamlined.
- [Hearthstone] Cards like Rolling Fireball and The Lurker Below will no longer skip over Dormant minions and Locations. Instead, if there is an illegal target blocking the effect, the effect will end there.
- [Hearthstone] Scarab Lord is an Undead and Corruption is a Shadow spell.
- [Hearthstone] Scarab Lord’s Scarab Gong has had its text updated to “Whenever” instead of “After” to better match how the effect works.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where playing a secret discovered by Void Scripture would cause a disconnect.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Amitus, the Peacekeeper’s “Reinforced” Ability sometimes caused disconnects for the opponent.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Thori’belore did not trigger its Deathrattle when it died from being returned to hand when the hand was full.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Arcanite Ripper would upgrade if the attacker took damage equal to the Armor they had.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed bugs with Jotun, the Eternal’s duplicate effect and Cast When Drawn spells and spells that gain effects when they enter your hand.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Disciple of Eonar’s effect would apply, but not be spent, if a Choose One spell was either randomly cast or Cast When Drawn.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Kologarn’s Deathrattle would return minions that had been stolen and then put into your deck to the opponent.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Zok Fogsnout’s effect text would be inconsistent with a weapon equipped.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where a Rivendare, Warrider victory would result in screen shake even when screen shake was turned off in the menu options.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Temple of Earth (generated by Runi, Time Explorer) used base HP instead of current HP.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Reliquary Seeker triggered off a board that included Locations.
- [Battlegrounds] Shifter Zerus will now carry over enchantments when it transforms in hand (meaning, if it gets buffs while it’s in your hand, they won’t be erased when it transformed).
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bugged interaction between Spellcraft and Magnetic.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where a Taunt Magnetic Mech wouldn’t grant Taunt to a minion that previously had its Taunt removed by Iron Groundskeeper.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug where your Win/Loss record did not appear in-game.
- [Solo Content] Fixed a bug where some players had issues accessing Adventures on mobile devices.
- [Progression] Fixed a text issue where the “Trust Fall” Achievement included the wrong card name.
- [Progression] Fixed a bug where the “ALWAYS” Achievement only tracked excess damage directly done to the attacked minion, not counting cleave effects.
- [Progression] Fixed a bug where the Poor Social Distancing Achievement progressed off a Poisonous minion killing the enemy hero, instead of just enemy minions.
- Fixed various visual bugs.
- Misc. other bug fixes and game improvements.