Announcing the Outland Inn-vitational!
It’s time for the Outland Inn-vitational! Taking place on April 21, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PT, the Outland Invitational will split 20 well-known Hearthstone personalities evenly into two groups—the Feisty Fiends and the Salty Satyrs!
The Outland Inn-vitational will use a new format we’re calling Demon Hunter Duel-fest, where both teams play against each other through 4 rounds of best-of-three matches. Each player will represent one of the ten classes and play as that same class in every match. However, on rounds 2 and 4, one full team will play as the Demon Hunter!
Here is how Demon Hunter Duel-fest scoring works:
- The winner of each best-of-three match will earn points for their team.
- Winning a match earns a team 2 points.
- At the end of four rounds, the team with the highest point total wins.
With $100,000 in prizing on the line, each member of the winning team will take home a cool US $6,500 while everyone else will still walk away with US $3,500. Additionally, the three players with the highest game score will get a US $1,000 kicker!
All participants will stream their own perspective of the competition on their own channels from the comfort of their home, with the official Hearthstone Twitch and YouTube channels providing match commentary and big-picture updates.
We're kicking off the Outland Inn-vitational with Twitch Drops! On April 21 from 9:00 a.m. PT - 6:00 p.m. PT, watch 2 total hours of any Hearthstone stream on Twitch to get 1 Ashes of Outland card pack. Watch for 4 hours (consecutive or non-consecutive) to get another one! Watch time accumulates across the entire Hearthstone category, so long as your Battle.net and Twitch accounts are linked.
Link Your Accounts
Before you can receive awards, you'll need to link your Twitch.tv and Battle.net accounts. Here's how:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you're currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you'd like to receive your rewards.