Masters Tour Arlington Viewer’s Guide
The first Masters Tour of 2020 will take place at Esports Stadium Arlington in Arlington, Texas from January 31-February 2! For the approximately 360 invited players there will be $250,000 in base prizing on the line, with additional prizing from the new Dragon Masters Bundle crowdfunding initiative divided between the six tournaments in accordance with the tournament rules.
Masters Tour Arlington will take place after Chapter 2 of the Galakrond’s Awakening Solo Adventure goes live, meaning that competitors will be tasked with evaluating 19 new cards entering the tavern. These cards were announced (and on the table for theory crafting) on January 21. Competitors can change their deck lists up until the tournament start time.
Not only is Masters Tour Arlington the first Masters Tour of 2020, it is also the debut of YouTube as Hearthstone Esports new broadcasting home. Fans will be able to catch all of the weekend’s exciting matches live on youtube.com/Hearthstone.
- Venue: Esports Stadium Arlington
- Dates: January 31 – February 2
- Broadcast Start Time: 9:00 AM CST each day
- Casters: Dan "Frodan" Chou, TJ "Azumo" Sanders, Simon "Sottle" Welch, Erik "DoA" Lonnquist
- Prize Pool: US $250,000 in base prizing
- Format: 4 deck, best-of-5 Conquest with a ban
- Language Streams on YouTube:
How it Works
The format for Masters Tour Arlington will be 4 deck, best-of-5 Conquest with a ban. Players that manage at least a 7-2 result in Arlington will be qualified for Masters Tour Indonesia and Masters Tour Jönköping. Here is how it works:
- Day 1: Five rounds of Swiss.
- Day 2: Players with three or more match wins will play through four more rounds of Swiss.
- Day 3: The Top 8 players will advance to a single elimination bracket and the winner will be decided!
For qualified players, please see the full tournament schedule for information regarding mandatory player check-in, round start times, and more. Qualified players should familiarize themselves with our rules and policies.