Diablo III PTR 2.7.5 | Has Concluded
Update on February 8: The PTR 2.7.5 has concluded. Thank you for playing!
Update on February 7: Season 27 of Diablo III will end on February 19. See our forum post for additional details.
Update on January 27: We have added additional information to further explain the Altar of Rites and Primordial Ashes features.
Nephalem, we welcome you to our seven-day PTR for the 2.7.5 update. Beginning on January 31st, we’ll need your help in testing the Rites of Sanctuary seasonal theme, Primordial Ashes feature, and changes to both Class Skills and items. Take time to acquaint yourself with these patch notes—we have some substantial new features in store.
- PTR Focus and Details
- PTR Testing Tips
- Season 28: Rites of Sanctuary
- Primordial Ashes Feature
- Monk Skill Change
- Item Changes
- Bug Fixes
- How to Participate in PTR
- PTR Character Copy
Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change.
PTR Focus and Details
We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.7.5 PTR starting Tuesday, January 31st. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.
- There will be PTR-unique buffs active to help you on your journey: increased experience gains, and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary Items that we'd love for you to test! Read down below to learn more on the new vendor updates that have been implemented to assist in the PTR experience starting with PTR 2.7.5.
- Class Balance and Item Changes: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and feedback on the skill changes to the Monk class and item changes for the Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, and Wizard classes.
- New Season Theme Testing: We're looking to gather feedback on the seasonal content around Rites of Sanctuary.
So that we can efficiently review your posts, feedback should be provided in the PTR Feedback forum while bug reports should be provided in the PTR Bug Report forum.
PTR Testing Tips
As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
- Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing.
- For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself.
- Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch’s launch is as smooth as possible.
- When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important.
Season 28: Rites of Sanctuary
For Season 28, Rites of Sanctuary, we’re travelling deep into the mysterious ruins of the Festering Woods. Amid a hunting expedition, citizens hailing from New Tristram stumbled across an ominous Altar carved from an archaic material bearing cryptic markings. Shaken to their core by the eldritch aroma of the monolith, they’ve enlisted the assistance of brave Nephalem willing to investigate this sinister discovery that was once left to time—the Altar of Rites.
Home to power thought to be extinct from Sanctuary, the Altar of Rites will bestow these mystic forces upon worthy Nephalem. . .after a sacrifice is offered. You can begin interacting with the Altar of Rites at Level one.
Upon arrival at the Altar of Rites, players will see 26 icons called Seals and three Legendary Potion Powers. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the elements below.
Seal and Legendary Potion Powers
|A||Your Kill Streak timer duration and reward bonus are doubled.|
|B||Pools of Reflection last for the entire Season and are not removed by death.|
|C||Items have no level requirement.|
|E||+25% Missile Damage Reduction|
|F||+25% Movement Speed (Uncapped)|
|G||Increase damage against elites by 15%.|
|H||Picking up Health Globes grants a shield for 5% of your maximum health for 7 seconds. Max stacks 5.|
|I||+25% Melee Damage Reduction.|
|J||Increases your highest elemental skill damage bonus by 10%.|
|K||Increase damage against elites by 20%.|
|M||Double the amount of Death's Breaths that drop.|
|N||Critical hits grant resource: Mana: 15, Hatred: 5, Wrath: 5, Arcane Power: 3, Fury: 3, Spirit: 5, Essence: 5.|
|O||Double the amount of Bounty Caches that drop from completing bounties.|
|P||Progress orbs from Nephalem and Greater Rifts are picked up automatically.|
|Q||Reduces the damage taken from elites by 25%.|
|S||Gain immunity to crowd-controlling effects.|
|U||Pets pick up Death's Breath.|
|V||Elite packs drop one additional progress orb.|
|W||Increase damage done to Bosses by 25%.|
|X||Pets pick up and salvage common, magic, and rare items.|
|Y||Increase your chance to Dodge by 15%.|
|Z||Double the chance to find a legendary item purchased from Kadala.|
|Potion AA||When you drink your health potion, you manifest one of three runic circles on the ground that grant increased damage, increased cooldown reduction, or increased resource cost reduction.|
|Potion AB||When you drink your health potion, all enemies within 25 yards deal 25% less damage.|
|Potion AC||When you drink your health potion, gain a random shrine or pylon effect.|
|AD||When a primal item drops, a second random primal item drops as well.|
How Seals and Potions Work
As you can see, after unlocking the first Seal, the order in which you unlock additional Seals and obtain their powers is entirely up to you and which powers align with your character’s build the most. Once a Seal or Legendary Potion Power is unlocked, you’ll immediately receive that Seal or Potion’s power and will have the ability to unlock connected Seals or Potions once you have the required materials. All Seals and Potions can be unlocked by players and the powers apply to all your characters—these powers last for the entirety of Season 28.
How to Unlock Seals and Potions
Unlocking Seals and Potions will be no easy feat, especially after multiple sacrifices—you’ll find yourself rummaging across Sanctuary slaying scores of demons hellbent on preventing you from acquiring the Altar of Rites’ full power.
Players must gather materials listed in the Altar of Rites menu and sacrifice them in order to gain a Seal or Potion’s power. In addition to receiving the power after unlocking, you’ll notice the generic text previously displayed has been swapped with a small story scrap about Sanctuary’s tumultuous past.
To unlock a Seal, the Seal preceding it must first be unlocked—this does not apply to Seals R, S, and T because of how they’re positioned within the Altar. For example, if you want to unlock Seal B or C, Seal A must first be unlocked. There is also no limit to how many Seals or Potions can be unlocked within a given time period, if you have the required materials to sacrifice to the Altar. Regardless of the order in which you unlock Seals and Potions, the cost will increase as shown below.
Study the cost of each sacrifice and theorize where within Sanctuary you can find some of these rare materials.
Costs to Unlock a Seal or Legendary Potion Power
|1||10 Reusable Parts|
|2||1 Flawless Diamond (or greater), 15 Arcane Dust, 20 Resuable Parts|
|3||1 Greater Rift Key, 10 Death's Breaths|
|4||Any Class Specific Set Helm|
|5||20 Forgotten Souls, 10 Khanduran Runes, 10 Caldeum Nightshade, 10 Arreat War Tapestry, 10 Corrupted Angel Flesh, 10 Westmarch Holy Water|
|6||1 Leoric's Regret, 1 Vial of Putridness, 1 Idol of Terror, 1 Heart of Fright|
|8||30 Forgotten Souls|
|10||1 Flawless Royal Ruby, 20 Death's Breaths, Ring of Royal Grandeur|
|11||1 Flawless Royal Emerald, 30 Khanduran Runes, 30 Caldeum Nightshade, 30 Arreat War Tapestry, 30 Corrupted Angel Flesh, 30 Westmarch Holy Water|
|12||20 Greater Rift Keys, 1 Ramaladni's Gift|
|15||Challenge Rift Cache|
|16||250 Forgotten Souls|
|18||Ancient Hellfire Amulet|
|19||Never Ending Questions|
|20||Ancient Puzzle Ring, 50 Khanduran Runes, 50 Caldeum Nightshade, 50 Arreat War Tapestry, 50 Corrupted Angel Flesh, 50 Westmarch Holy Water|
|21||500 Death's Breaths, 300 Forgotten Souls|
|23||Whisper of Atonement Rank 125|
|24||Any Augmented Weapon|
|25||Staff of Herding|
|Potion 1||55 Primordial Ashes|
|Potion 2||110 Primordial Ashes|
|Potion 3||165 Primordial Ashes|
Uncover an Ancient Legend—Unlock All Seals
After you’ve conquered the armies of Hell and acquired the needed materials to unlock all 26 Seals and three Potions, you’ll receive a reward truly fitting of an unstoppable force—the Wings of Terror Cosmetic, Seal AD. We recommend you unlock all Seals and Potions within the Altar of Rites, not only to inspire terror within your foes, but also to piece together the fragments of Sanctuary’s past.
Primordial Ashes Feature
Acquiring Primal Items is no small task. That’s why we are adding a new Primordial Ashes feature with this patch to aid in your quest. At the Blacksmith, you can now salvage a Primal Item for 55 Primordial Ashes.
We have also added a Primal Item recipe to Kanai’s Cube, allowing you to upgrade any non-crafted legendary item to a Primal Item for 100 Primordial Ashes. Only one upgraded Primal Item may be worn at a time and upgraded Primal Items do not retain the properties of the Legendary Item that was used. New affixes are rolled for all upgraded Primal Items.
Monk Skill Changes
- Combination Strike Passive Skill:
Each different Spirit Generator you use increases your damage by 10% for three seconds.
- Each Spirit Generator you use increases the damage of your other Spirit Generators by 100% for 10 seconds.
- Crippling Wave Skill:
Every third hit also dazes enemies within 11 yards, slowing their movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 20% for three seconds.
- Every third hit also dazes enemies within 11 yards, slowing their movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Concussion Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave deal 20% less damage for
- Breaking Wave Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave take 10% additional damage from all attacks for
- Concussion Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave deal 20% less damage for
- Deadly Reach Skill:
Foresight Rune: Every third hit also increases the damage of all your stacks by 15% for five seconds.
- Foresight Rune: Every third hit also increases the damage of all of your attacks by 15% for 10 seconds.
- Way of the Hundred Fists:
Assimilation Rune: Each enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 5% for five seconds.
- Assimilation Rune: Each enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 5% for 10 seconds.
- Horde of the Ninety Savages (6-piece bonus):
Frenzy deals 1,000% increased damage per stack.
- Frenzy deals 2,000% increased damage per stack.
- Chanon Bolter:
Spike Traps lure enemies to them. Enemies may be taunted once every 12-16 seconds.
- Your Spike Traps lure enemies to them and deal 150-200% increased damage. Enemies may be taunted once every 10 seconds.
- The Demon’s Demise:
The blast from Spike Trap will damage all enemies again after one second.
- Each blast from Spike Trap will damage all enemies again after 1 second and deals 150-200% increased damage.
- Natalya’s Slayer:
Increases Rain of Vengeance Damage by 20-25%.
- Increases Spike Trap Damage by 10 -15%.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (2-piece bonus):
Reduce the cooldown of Rain of Vengeance by 4 seconds when you hit with a Hatred-generating attack or Hatred-spending attack.
- Hitting an enemy summons a Spike Trap if it is on your action bar. Each Spike Trap detonation restores 1 Discipline.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (4-piece bonus):
Rain of Vengeance deals 100% increased damage.
- Laying a Spike Trap grants 60% damage reduction. The duration of this bonus is always equal to the number of already laid traps in seconds.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (6-piece bonus):
After casting Rain of Vengeance, deal 14,000% increased damage and take 60% reduced damage for 10 seconds.
- Spike Traps deal 10,000% increased damage, and each consecutive blast from the detonation chain reaction will deal 10% more damage than the previous blast.
- The Shadow’s Mantle (2-piece bonus):
While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 6,000%.
- While equipped with a melee weapon, the damage of your Bolas, Chakram, Fan of Knives, and Impale is increased by 6,000%.
- Trag’oul Coils:
Spike Traps gain the Impaling Spines Rune and are deployed twice as fast.
- Spike Traps gain the Scatter Rune, are deployed twice as fast, and deal 150-200% increased damage.
- Unhallowed Essence (6-piece bonus):
Hatred generators, Vengeance attacks, and Multishot deal 350% increased damage per point of Discipline the Demon Hunter currently has.
- Hatred generators, Vengeance attacks, and Multishot deal 1700% increased damage per point of discipline the Demon Hunter currently has.
- Patterns of Justice (6-piece bonus):
Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active increases the size of Sweeping Wind as well and increases all damage delt by 15,000%.
- Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active increases the size of Sweeping Wind as well and increases all damage dealt by 20,000.
- Raiment of Thousand Storms (4-piece bonus):
Dashing Strike spends 75 Spirit but refunds a Charge when it does.
- Dashing Strike spends 25 Spirit but refunds a Charge when it does.
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival (6-piece bonus):
Bone Spear deals 6,000% increased damage
- Bone Spear deals 9,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus.
- The Typhon’s Veil (6-piece-bonus):
Hydras deal 2,000% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
- Hydras deal 4,000% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
How to Participate in the PTR
To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.
PTR Character Copy
The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
Step 4: Select your region.
Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!