Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.3 | Has Ended
Update on 3/24: PTR 2.7.3 testing has ended. Thank you all for your contributions and support. See you next season!
Update on 3/17: PTR 2.7.3 has been updated. Please see below for changes and "Developer's Note" annotations in RED.
Our two-week PTR testing period for the 2.7.3 update begins March 10 and we're asking for your help to quell the tides of surging demons. Take a look at the preliminary patch notes below and start theorycrafting how you'll make the most of the new Echoing Nightmare seasonal theme, Balance updates, and Greater Rift changes; Patch 2.7.3 PTR will be arriving soon.
Table of Contents
- PTR Focus & Details
- PTR Testing Tips
- Patch Notes
- How to Participate in PTR
- PTR Character Copy
Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change.
PTR Focus & Details
We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.7.3 PTR starting Thursday, March 10. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.
- There will be PTR-unique buffs active to help you on your journey: increased experience gains, and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary items that we'd love for you to test! Read down below to learn more on the new vendor updates that have been implemented to assist in the PTR experience starting with PTR 2.7.3.
- Class and Balance Changes: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and feedback on the set changes to the Barbarian, Crusader, and Monk.
- New Season Theme Testing: We're looking to gather feedback on the seasonal content around Echoing Nightmare.
So that we can efficiently review your posts, feedback should be provided in the PTR Feedback forum while bug reports should be provided in the PTR Bug Report forum.
PTR Testing Tips
As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
- Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing.
- For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself.
- Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch launch is as smooth as possible.
- When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important.
Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.7.3.
Table of Contents:
New Season Theme: Season 26 introduces the Echoing Nightmare, an optional and rewarding end-game challenge where players fight within the memories of Nephalem who fell in a Greater Rift. Today’s Nephalem must stand their ground until they are inevitably Overwhelmed or defeated. Players must collect a Petrified Scream from defeated Greater Rift Guardians to gain entry to the Echoing Nightmare. Transmuting a Petrified Scream in Kanai's Cube summons a portal that players can enter to face the horrors of the Nephalem's past.
Season Theme Details:
- Petrified Screams and the Echoing Nightmare can only be accessed with seasonal characters.
- Only one player is required to transmute a Petrified Scream to open an Echoing Nightmare in a multiplayer game.
- Similar to a boss encounter, all players in a multiplayer game must accept a prompt to enter.
- While within an Echoing Nightmare, the difficulty scales as players progress in the encounter. Players can progress faster by defeating monsters quickly.
- Players receive the following rewards upon completing an Echoing Nightmare: EXP, Legendary Items, Blood Shards, Gems, and a new Legendary Gem, Whisper of Atonement.
- The Whisper of Atonement is a Legendary Gem used exclusively for Augmenting Ancient Legendary items. It drops pre-ranked based upon player's performance in the Echoing Nightmare.
Echoing Nightmare Updates
- Rare monsters now spawn.
- Meteors now fall from the sky.
- Hellish Machinations now appear, which spawn streams of Exploding Lunatics.
- Rift Guardians now spawn.
- Increased the frequency of which monsters spawn.
- Updated the Shadow Clone explosion to better reflect the area of effect.
- The exit timer has been increased to 60 seconds.
- Increased the possible rank a Whisper of Atonement can drop to 125 based on the Tier completed.
- Monsters in Echoing Nightmares can no longer be Frozen, Stunned, Rooted or Knocked Back.
- Fixed a bug that caused Conduit Shrines to deal less damage than intended.
Developer's Note *3/17: These changes are intended to address feedback from the community by dialing up the chaos inside of Echoing Nightmares.
Developer's Note: This is our first Seasonal Theme that introduces a new activity to the game. In the Echoing Nightmare, players will experience an intense, densely packed, increasingly challenging event that stretches their ability to stay in the fight as long as possible. We found inspiration in Orek's warning, "Many nephalem have stood where you are now, but few succeeded in overcoming the trials." The Echoing Nightmare explores what happened to those Nephalem who did not succeed.
Return to Patch Notes Section Top
2. Greater Rift Updates
Orek's Dream: Greater Rifts have a small chance to roll as Orek's Dream. These dreamlike rifts have a curated list of maps and monster compositions.
- 3 maps have been added and 2 maps have been removed from the Greater Rift pool.
- Added: Fields of Misery, Desolate Sands and Briarthorn Cemetery
- Removed: Sewers of Caldeum, and Hidden Aqueducts
- The probability of Greater Rift maps has been adjusted.
- The probability of monster groups has been adjusted.
- The following monsters have been adjusted to grant more progression and EXP within Greater Rifts.
- Blazing Guardians
- Smoldering Guardians
- Frost Guardian
- Noxious Guardian
- Shock Guardian
- Blood Clan Spearman
- Dark Moon Clan Impaler
- Moon Clan Impaler
- Blood Clan Impaler
- Ice Clan Impaler
- Hell Witch
- Vile Temptress
- Players can speak to Orek to close an active Greater Rift. This option is only available when in a single player game.
- Further increased the progression granted by some monsters in Greater Rifts.
- Additionally, increased the progression granted by Fallen Shaman, Fallen Conjurer, Fallen Prophet and Fallen Firemage.
- Added a new visual effect upon entering an Orek's Dream.
- Updated the Orek's Dream vignette to be more pronounced.
Developer's Note *3/17: We've continued to tweak the progress given by some monsters to make them more desirable to confront in Greater Rifts. Additionally, we've heard feedback from some players that it wasn't apparent when they entered an Orek's Dream, so we've added additional visual effects.
Developer's Note: We wanted to improve the Greater Rift experience through quality of life updates, balance changes and addressing community feedback. We reviewed all of the maps and monsters that appear in Greater Rifts and reworked the probabilities overall to make sure players spend more time with the content they enjoy. Less spaghetti and more chickens.
Return to Patch Notes Section Top
3. PTR Updates
To improve the PTR testing experience, changes have been made to the bags sold by Djank Mi'em. Starting with PTR 2.7.3, we have removed the increased Legendary drop rate buff to allow for more precise drop rate testing. Class set bags are now consolidated into a single bag, which drops items based on the class that opens the bag. The changes are listed below.
PTR Weapons Pack
- Added: In-geom
- Added: The Furnace
PTR Armament Pack
- Added: Andariel's Visage
- Added: Broken Crown
- Added: Cindercoat
- Added: Depth Diggers
- Added: Frostburn
- Added: Goldwrap
- Added: Ice Climbers
- Added: Lacuni Prowlers
- Added: Magefist
- Added: Tasker and Theo
- Added: Warzechian Armguards
PTR Jewelry Bag
- Added: Ess of Johan
- Added: Puzzle Ring
- Added: Rechel's Ring of Larceny
- Added: Rondal's Locket
PTR Bag of Fortune
Added: 1 billion Gold
- Added: 3 of all Flawless Royal Gems
- Added: 3 of all Imperial Gems
- Added: 3 of all Hellfire Materials
- Added: 5 Greater Rift Keystone
- Patch 2.7.3 Items
New: PTR Bag of Recipes:
- Gives all Blacksmith and Jeweler Recipes
New: PTR Bag of Legendary Gems
- Gives all Legendary Gems at Rank 25
- Gives Legacy of Dreams at Rank 99
- Gives 13 Whisper of Atonement at Rank 100
New: PTR Bag of Followers
- Smoking Thurible
- Hand of the Prophet
- Vadim's Surge
- Skeleton Key
- Slipka's Letter Opener
- Ribald Etchings
- Relic of Akarat
- Enchanting Favor
- Hillenbrand's Training Sword
- Broken Crown
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Spaulders of Zakara
- Rakoff's Glass of Life
- Krede's Flame
- Homing Pads
- Nemesis Bracers
- Gloves of Worship
- The Flavor of Time
- Avarice Band
- Dovu Energy Trap
- Custerian Wristguards
- Cord of the Sherma
- Ring of Royal Grandeur
- Oculus Ring
- Leoric's Crown
- Blind Faith
- Ice Climbers
- Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit
- Thunderfury, Blesssed Blade of the Windseeker
- Pig Sticker
Developer's Note: We wanted to make it easier for players to jump in and try out new content.
Return to Patch Notes Section Top
4. Item Changes
- Legacy of Raekor (4-piece Bonus): Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune and deals 1000% increased damage. For every 1% Life you are missing, the damage of your Ancient Spear is increased by 2%.
- Legacy of Raekor (6-piece Bonus): Hitting enemies with Furious Charge or Weapon Throw increases the damage of your next Ancient Spear by 5500% and causes it to release multiple spears from its target.
This effect stacks and is consumed from each released spear. This can only consume a maximum of 5 stacks at a time.This effect stacks and each spear throw consumes a maximum of 5 stacks.
- Arreat's Law: Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear deal 150-200% increased damage.
- Weapon Throw generates up to 25 additional Fury based on the distance of the enemy hit. The generated Fury can go above the maximum cap by 200 Fury.
- Ancient Spear refunds up to 25 Fury based on the distance of the enemy hit and resets your Fury cap to its base maximum.
- The Three Hundredth Spear: Increase the damage of Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear by 150-200%. The attack speed of Weapon Throw is increased by 200%.
- Skular's Salvation: Increase the damage of Ancient Spear by 150-200%. If your Ancient Spear - Boulder Toss hits 5 or fewer enemies, the damage is increased by 100%.
Developer's Note *3/17: We've added additional Weapon Throw buffs to give players more build options when playing the reworked Legacy of Raekor set. We've also updated Arreat's Law to allow players to reach new levels of Fury.
Developer's Note: We reworked Raekor’s Legacy to give the set its own identity. It felt natural to the team to infuse the charging fantasy of Raekor’s Legacy with the Barbarian’s ranged skills.
- Thorns of the Invoker: The attack speed of Punish and Slash are increased by 100% and deal 67,500% of your Thorns damage.
- Norvald's Fervor: Gain 200% increased damage while using Steed Charge and for 5 seconds after it ends.
Developer's Note: Norvald's Fervor is overperforming across multiple sets. We want to bring its power down, but we are Increasing the utility of Thorns of the Invoker to compensate.
- All Mystic Allies spawned by Inna's Mantra 6-piece bonus now have their duration refreshed with each attack.
- Mystic Ally - Fire Ally mini allies now have Passability.
Developer's Note *3/17: We've made improvements to Mystic Ally that should make the skill feel more fluid and less clunky at times.
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods: Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take 150%-200% more damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds.
Developer's Note: We're happy with the gameplay of Inna's Mantra Monks, but the Fire build is overperforming, so we removed the Fire Ally bonus from the Bindings of the Lesser Gods.
Return to Patch Notes Section Top
How to Participate
To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.
PTR Character Copy
The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
Step 4: Select your region.
Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!