Season 24 | Ethereal Memory | Now Live
Update on July 23: Season 24 is now live on all platforms!
Update on July 20: Patch 2.7.1 is now live on all platforms.
Season 24 will begin on July 23, at 5PM (PDT/CEST/KST) shortly after our next Diablo III update. Read on to learn more about the season theme and balance changes coming in Patch 2.7.1. We are expecting this update to be released on July 20.
- Season Theme
- Season Cosmetic Rewards
- Season Journey Rewards
- Season Conquests
- Haedrig's Gifts
- Patch Notes
As the Nephalem reflect on Sanctuary's history, instruments of power from a bygone era resurface. These ethereal memories will grant those persistent enough to search for them unimaginable power. Legends of the past will manifest once more in the present, and you must decide how to best use these gifts—for ethereal power is fugacious by nature, and will soon return to being no more than a myth.
Diablo II left us with fond memories when it released more than 20 years ago, and with Diablo® II: ResurrectedTM launching in September 2021, we’d like to introduce a seasonal theme to honor that legacy. For this seasonal theme, we were inspired to reimagine how Ethereal items could manifest in Diablo III, with 21 iconic weapons from Diablo II making a return. In Season 24, Ethereals are rare, powerful, and fleeting items.
Players who pre-purchase Diablo II: Resurrected before it launches on Sept 23, 2021 will immediately unlock the Heritage of Arreat transmog, the Diablo II-themed Barbarian transmog set, in Diablo III on July 20 once Patch 2.7.1 goes live. For more details, click here.
With the release of Patch 2.7.1, console players will now be able to immediately unlock the Mephisto pet and the Hatred’s Grasp wings when they pre-order the Diablo Prime Evil Collection on Xbox or PlayStation.
Beginning with Season 17, we began reintroducing previous rewards to make them available to players who may have missed them the first time around. For Season 24, this means awards originally available from Season 12 are returning. In addition to the Chest and Gloves slots of the exclusive Conqueror Set, portraits themed around the High Heavens will be available. Those who enjoy collecting cosmetic wings will also be pleased to see the return of Fiacla-Géar, which gives your character a distinctly angelic look.
However, we know it’s nice to have something new to aim for if you’ve participated in previous Seasons. We’re continuing to provide new End of Journey rewards as introduced in Season 17, with two new cosmetic ones for those who complete the entirety of the Season journey. Relive Ethereal Memory and complete the Season 24 Guardian Journey to earn the Terror Resurrected Portrait and the Lesser Mummy Pet.
If you’ve been playing the past few Seasons diligently and reached Conqueror in the Season Journey each time, you’ve accrued a few extra stash tabs. Players who have not yet earned a total of five stash tabs via the Season Journey can still unlock an additional one by completing the following tasks at the Conqueror tier:
- Complete a Torment XIII Rift in under 5 minutes
- Complete Greater Rift 60 solo
- Kill Greed on Torment XIII
- Kill Queen Araneae on Torment XIII in under 30 seconds
- Reforge a Legendary or Set item
- Augment an Ancient item with a Level 50 or greater Legendary Gem
- Level three Legendary Gems to 55
- Complete two Conquests
Speaking of Conquests, we’re rotating those, too! Love going fast while killing things? Boss Mode and Worlds Apart will be making a return. On A Good Day and I Can’t Stop are also available, if leveling Legendary Gems is more your thing. If you’d rather max out your kill count with Cursed Chests, Curses! and Stars Align will be right up your alley. Those who enjoy seeing how far they can go without Set Items will get a kick out of The Thrill and Super Human. Finally, if you’re keen to show off your mastery of various Class Sets, Years of War and Dynasty will be available for you to attempt once more.
Finally, the Class Sets rewarded for completing certain chapters in the Season Journey courtesy of Haedrig’s Gift have rotated once more. We’ve listed the available Sets below. For those new to Seasons, here’s how it works:
Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. These contain a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely! The set you receive depends on the class of the character you’re playing when you open each Haedrig’s Gift. To collect a full Class Set, you’ll need to open all three on the same character. Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 24:
- Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
- Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
- Crusader – Seeker of the Light
- Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
- Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
- Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
- Necromancer – Trag’Oul’s Avatar
Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.7.1
Table of Contents:
Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.
Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.7.1.
Season 24 introduces Ethereals, a new weapon-type that players will be able to acquire and hunt for in their upcoming seasonal journey. Ethereals will roll a powerful set of affixes, a random Class Weapon Legendary Power and a random Class Passive Power. Ethereals will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo II. For additional details on Ethereals, check out the list below:
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai's Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
- Monk | Skill Change:
- Mystic Ally - Fire Ally: Now splits into 2 splits instead of 5, but now all Fire Allies can split. Damage radius slightly increased and damage increased from 480% to 1920% weapon damage.
- Mystic Ally - Fire Ally: Improved Fire Ally AI so Allies now explode more consistently.
- Mystic Ally - Earth Ally: Damage increased from 380% to 4500% weapon damage.
- Rabid Strike: Spirit spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a nearby target with 350-450% increased damage for free.
- Wizard | Skill Change:
- Mirror Image: Mirror Image icon now displays a counter to display how many Mirror Images are active.
- Inna's Mantra 4-Piece Set: Gain the base effect of all four Mantras at all times. You gain 5% damage reduction for each Mystic Ally you have out. Your Mystic Allies no longer take damage.
- Inna's Mantra 6-Piece Set: Gain the passive abilities of the five runed Mystic Allies at all times. Attacking enemies creates your chosen Mystic Ally that lasts 15 seconds, up to 10 Mystic Allies. The damage of your Mystic Allies is increased by 3000% for each Mystic Ally you have out.
- The Crudest Boots: Mystic Ally summons two Mystic Allies that fight by your side. They deal 150% to 200% increased damage and are able to attack with their active forms longer.
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods: Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take 150% to 200% increased damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds. Split Fire Allies gain 5 times this bonus.
- Aegis of Valor 2-Piece Set: Attacking with Fists of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven's Fury to deal 125% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival 6-Piece Set: Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 6000% increased damage.
- Monk Fixes
- All Mystic Allies and their abilities now benefit from +Mystic Ally Damage.
- Fixed a bug where Shenlong's Spirit 2pc bonus did not trigger consistently while casting Tempest Rush.
- Witch Doctor Ethereal Fix | The Gidbinn
- +200% to all Voodoo skills now properly benefits Fetish Sycophants.