Harness Your Inner Darkness with the Season 17 Battle Pass
Sanctuary’s denizens sing your praises, adventurer.
Since our last content update, many players have skirmished in Wild Brawl, enjoyed a reduced cooldown period for Class Change, and celebrated the PC version of Immortal leaving Open Beta. This content update introduces 42 new Legendary items, the Season 17 Ruptured Soul Battle Pass, and a variety of updates to existing features.
As with previous content updates, there will be server maintenance starting on August 22, from 5 p.m.–7 p.m. PDT for Oceania, China, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Europe Servers, and on August 23, from 1 a.m.–3 a.m. PDT for servers in the Americas. After the maintenance has concluded, all items mentioned below will be live—specific dates for any content going live afterward are provided below.
Ultimate skills that provide a shield have had their duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Ultimate skills are often underutilized, and we'd like to give them more applications. Currently, melee Ultimates provide shields that absorb damage, but they aren’t providing consistent value. To help, we’re increasing the duration of the shield so that players can activate Ultimates before engagements and have a longer lasting shield. This means players will be less likely to get interrupted or killed outright when using their Ultimate in the middle of a battle.
Damage Over Time effects will no longer interrupt bandaging.
Developer’s Note: We want players to be able to disengage from combat and easily bandage to prevent death. Damage over time effects have been overly oppressive because of Seeping Bile and other long duration DOT effects preventing players from healing, despite players successfully exiting combat.
Battleground Season 2
The new Battleground Season will begin on August 28, 3 a.m. server time and will last 10 weeks. To kick Season 2 off with a bang, we have adjusted stat compression and matchmaking to provide you with a more optimized playing experience.
The matchmaking for Battleground will now consider a player’s Resonance when searching for a match to add them to, leading to better balanced teams. In instances where there are fewer players queuing for a Battleground match, you may still be paired against players with higher Resonance than your own—this ensures players can reliably find a Battleground match within a reasonable amount of time.
Developer’s Note: We know Battleground matchmaking has been a point of contention for our players, and we hear you. The changes detailed in this content update are aimed at creating more balanced matches in Battlegrounds and improving the overall experience of the activity. We’ll continue to monitor player feedback regarding Battleground especially and will continue to optimize it.
When calculating the points a player receives from completing a Battleground match, both that player’s individual score and the average score of their team will now be considered.
We are updating stat compression tuning to reflect the current pace of progression players have achieved. The result is that players’ stats will be compressed less than they were in previous seasons. We will continue to actively adjust this system in future content updates as players increase their Paragon Level and gear potency.
Secondary Equipment (Set items) can now be upgraded to a maximum Rank of 20 (previously 15).
The max Challenge Rift level in Inferno Difficulties will also increase to 400 for Season 2. We plan to increase the Challenge Rift cap every season but will not be increasing the maximum Rank for Secondary Equipment. We anticipate it will take players multiple Seasons to reach the new maximum Rank of 20.
Inferno Difficulty I
The recommended Combat Rating for Phangwrth, Warmth-Feaster, the Helliquary boss that unlocks Inferno Difficulty, has been lowered from 15860 to 14550. The boss’s difficulty will be adjusted accordingly.
Wildzones in Inferno I will also be balanced based on a 14550 Combat Rating. The recommended Combat Rating for Dungeons in Inferno I has been lowered from 18500 to 16550. Dungeon difficulty will be adjusted accordingly.
Deeds of Valor
After transferring to a different server, characters will revert to Adventurer affiliation. Characters will inherit the 3 most recent Deeds of Valor from previous Seasons. Deeds of Valor progress within the current Season will not be carried over after transferring servers.
We are adding additional controls within Immortal Groups to make assigning members and Elites simpler.
42 New Legendary Items
The Legendary items displayed below can only be obtained in Inferno Difficulty II and above.
- Ardent Fervor (Main Hand): Lacerate's Attack Speed is increased by 35％ for 2 seconds each time you take damage.
- Bergbreaker (Off-Hand): Wrath of the Berserker now causes you to retaliate, dealing damage to nearby enemies when you are attacked.
- Brace of the Ancestors (Helm): Wrath of the Berserker now also causes your Primary Attack to deal 100% of the damage done to nearby enemies.
- Broken Ire (Chest): Your Primary Attacks now increase the remaining duration of Sunder on enemies they strike by 1 second, up to maximum of 3 seconds.
- Nature's Temper (Shoulders): Wrath of the Berserker now also causes your Primary Attack to consume your Life, dealing additional damage with each strike.
- Trail of Mourning (Pants): Sunder now also pulls enemies to you.
Developer’s Note: The Barbarian’s Legendary items aim to bolster your single target and sustained damage by using Primary Attacks. Lacerate and Wrath of the Berserker form the core of the combos, allowing all your Primary Attacks to strike nearby enemies and for additional damage.
- Cruel Vendetta (Main Hand): Shadow's Edge damage increased by 20%.
- Macabre Façade (Chest): Shroud of Night now conjures 2 immobile shadowy apparitions that utilize your Primary Attack to assault nearby enemies.
- Maw of the Pursuer (Helm): Mephitic Cloud releases a blood red mist to choke enemies to death, continually dealing damage to enemies within the area while also increasing your damage done while you remain inside.
- Mooncall (Off-Hand): Shadow's Edge also increases your Primary Attack Speed by 10% for 2 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
- Torture and Torment (Shoulders): Swarm of Bats now causes a small swarm of bats to circle you. When you use a Primary Attack a bat swoops down and bites enemies.
- Vile Grievances (Pants): Mephitic Cloud also increases your Primary Attack Speed by 30%.
Developer’s Note: Blood Knights gained increased power through their Primary Attack, Shadow's Edge. With a multitude of Primary Attack Speed and damage increases, they can slice through enemies in quick order.
- Bygone Eidolon (Pants): Draw and Quarter now causes you to mount your warhorse and Dash forward a short distance knocking back enemies in your path. You can activate Draw and Quarter again while you remain mounted.
- Ferrite Roots (Shoulders): Fist of the Heavens' cooldown is reduced by 20% when you kill an enemy with it and by an additional 20% if you kill a player with it. Cannot occur more often than once per cast.
- Gates of Hell (Off-Hand): Condemn deals 20% increase damage to enemies below 50% maximum Life.
- Heart of Grandeur (Chest): Condemn now conjures a condensed lightning storm that follows you, randomly dealing damage to nearby enemies.
- Incandescence (Main Hand): Falling Sword can now be charged, unleashing a holy blast wave to damage enemies. While charging your Movement Speed is increased and you are also immune to knockback and loss of control effects. The further you travel while charging the attack also increases the damage it deals.
- Strict Discipline (Helm): Sacred Chain now also causes the first attack against chained enemies to deal 60% increased damage.
Developer’s Note: The Crusader’s Legendary items are aimed to help bolster the classes’ ability to execute the unworthy. Falling Sword turns you into an unstoppable knight bent on delivering justice. Condemn arcs lightning at nearby enemies, dealing bonus damage to those near death, with Fist of the Heavens providing the final execution. Use Draw and Quarter to Dash at your enemies and close the gap or to prevent escapes. Sacred Chains can also play support to lock down enemies and provide setup for huge bursts of damage.
- Dancing in Place (Pants): Knife Trap now becomes a Snare Trap. When triggered, the Snare Trap deals damage to all nearby enemies while also Immobilizing them and preventing the use of Dash skills for 3 seconds.
- Elegant Retribution (Main Hand): Sentry can now upgrade up to 3 times when placed nearby other Sentry, increasing the damage they deal by up to 200% and reducing the damage they take by up to 66.7%.
- Forest Scream (Shoulders): Knife Trap cooldown decreased by 15%.
- Hatred's Fulcrum (Chest): Knockback Shot can now be charged, firing a condensed blast of hatred, dealing damage to enemies in its path. Charging longer increases the range and damage.
- Horns of the Hunt (Helm): Escape now also leaves caltrops behind, Slowing and damaging enemies within the area while also preventing the use of Dash skills.
- Widow's Bite (Off-Hand): Sentry now also consumes 5% of your current Life to apply a shield to the Sentry equal to 30% of its maximum Life. While this shield holds the Sentry also deals 10% increased damage.
Developer’s Note: The Demon Hunter’s Legendary items are tailored to improve defensive and summon-oriented gameplay. Utilize Sentries to build a network of turrets that increase in power with each turret placed. Use Knockback Shot and Knife Trap to control enemies so they can't escape your Sentry fire. Then use the Escape skill as a layer of safety to protect you while disengaging from combat.
- Balance in Moderation (Chest): Cyclone Strike now creates a torrent of mystic wind around you, dealing damage to nearby enemies.
- Blind Focus (Helm): Exploding Palm now also increases your damage by 10% for 4 seconds.
- Calefaction (Main Hand): Shield of Zen now protects you or an ally with a shield of flames that absorbs damage and also deals damages to nearby enemies, but it no longer provides immunity to loss of control effects.
- Divine Burden (Shoulders): When Flying Kick knocks an enemy into a wall, they are Stunned for 2 seconds.
- Eternally Bound (Pants): Flying Dragon maximum charges increased by 1.
- Obstruction of Omniscience (Off-Hand): Exploding Palm now dashes forward Burning enemies.
Developer’s Note: The Monk’s Legendary items synergize to create opportunities for Firestorms to overwhelm enemies. Apply different burn effects to your foes and use Cyclone Strike and Shield of Zen to deal damage to enemies that get too close.
- Bloodless Hierophant (Chest): Bone Wall now conjures the Altar of the Dead, increasing your damage while you remain within the area.
- Cemetery Gaits (Pants): Bone Wall now also protects nearby summons, reducing the damage they take from monsters by 20% and players by 70%.
- Flame of Forever (Shoulders): Borrowed Time now also increases the damage and Critical Hit Chance of the target by 5%. This effect is doubled during the duration of the curse if the target is slain.
- Mortuart (Horns Helm): Command Golem's presence bolsters the power of your nearby summons, increasing the damage they deal by 10% as long as they remain near the golem.
- No Rest, No Peace Main Hand: When Command Skeletons die, they grant nearby allies 20% increased Attack Speed for 3 seconds.
- Vizjerei Coffin Lid (Off-Hand): Skeletal Mage now summons a dark magus that unleashes Hungering Soulfire at nearby enemies.
Developer’s Note: Minions get some additional love with a new Skeletal Mage and the Summon Golem becoming a commander to bolster its nearby undead friends. Bone Walls can now be used to protect your minions, allowing them to stand toe-to-toe against more dangerous monsters and players alike. Those of you who like throwing your Skeletal Warriors to an explosive death can now increase the Attack Speed for nearby allies as well.
- Ebarin's Visage (Off Hand): Electrocute's Critical Hits Immobilize enemies for 2 seconds. Cannot occur on the same target more often than once every 3 seconds.
- Fanciful Finesse (Chest): Ray of Frost now dissipates into a cloud of frost against the first enemy it hits, dealing damage and Chilling all nearby enemies.
- Frostbound (Pants): Frostfield now also shatters enemy armor, increasing the damage they take by 10% for 5 seconds.
- Hoarfrost Spaulders (Shoulders): Ray of Frost's Critical Hit Chance is increased by 35% against Frozen enemies.
- Lost Seconds (Main Hand): Slow Time cooldown decreased by 15%.
- Manipulator's Mask (Helm): Slow Time now releases a temporal ring that expands out from your location, Incapacitating enemies struck by the ring for a few seconds or until they take damage.
Developer’s Note: The Wizard’s Legendary items pack a variety of time manipulation magic to slow and control your enemy’s position and movement. Manipulator’s Mask also contains a new keyword, Incapacitate. It represents effects that cause enemies to be rooted in place and unable to perform actions, but the effect ends once they take damage. Keep an eye out for this keyword in future Skills and other effects.
Construction in Westmarch has concluded. We are proud to present the brand-new Training Grounds! Here, you can see how much damage each of your individual Skills and Primary Attacks deals, how your Legendary Gems factor into that, and also how other sources of damage, such as Set Bonuses or Cursed Gear come into play.
The Training Grounds are located Southwest of the Elder Rift and Bounty Board. Once you’re there, speak to Nadia, the Training Aide. Nadia can also provide the following services so you can test out builds to your heart’s content: Stash, Armory, and Essence Transfer.
Season 17 Battle Pass: Ruptured Soul
Every soul enters Sanctuary with at least a modicum of darkness. Whether through their own transgressions or those of another, allowing the malice to bubble up will give birth to a Ruptured Soul.
The Season 17 Battle Pass bursts into Sanctuary on August 31, at 3 a.m. server time. This Battle Pass hosts 40 ranks worth of challenges and rewards, such as Crests, Hilts, and more.
Remember, new Rank rewards are available in the Empowered Battle Pass, and rotating Cosmetics can be obtained from the Battle Archive Shop for owners of the Collector’s Empowered Battle Pass—get yours today!
The Battle Pass will be reclaimed by dark premonitions on September 28, at 2:59 a.m. server time—begin slaying demons and climbing your way through the ranks today!
Walking Nightmare Cosmetic Set
Our darkest dreams are private fountains of creativity and motivation. Their cost pales in comparison to their power. Strike uneasiness into the hearts of your foes with the Walking Nightmare Cosmetic Set, available from the in-game shop for 1,000 Eternal Orbs.
Conqueror Limited Time PvP Event
An ancient fighting pit where the Fahiran aristocracy held brutal games has been uncovered in Shassar. Fight tooth and nail during the newly updated Conqueror limited time PvP event to bring honor to your name and riches to your collection.
From August 23, 3 a.m.–September 6, 3 a.m. server time, players can enter a Conqueror PvP match using their own build or select a preconstructed character build for their Class. Each match contains multiple strongholds that must be captured by your team—the first team to earn 1,500 points by holding strongholds shall emerge victorious! Through participating in these matches, you can complete weekly and challenge tasks to earn a random reward, such as Legendary Items, Set Items, and more.
Only fair contest is allowed in the fighting pits! Here are the rules of engagement:
- All characters will be set to Level 60.
- The Rank of all Legendary Gear and Set Gear will be set to 1.
- The Rank for all Legendary Gems on your character will be set to 10.
The integrity of the fighting pits is also maintained by disabling all bonuses from:
- Resonance and Combat Rating
- Clans and Warbands
- Normal Gems, Charms, and Horadric Legacy
We’ve made some adjustments to Conqueror:
- Teams now consist of 8 players each instead of 10.
- Player health has been increased by 30%.
- Daily tasks have become weekly tasks and will reset each Wednesday at 3 a.m. server time during the event’s duration.
- New Preset builds for each Class have been added.
- Conqueror can only be played during the following time windows: 10 a.m –12 p.m., 2 p.m.–6 p.m., and 8 p.m.–10 p.m. server time.
Developer’s Note: We decided to add specific play windows to Conqueror to keep the queue times for other in-game activities reasonable. As players engage in the event, we’ll monitor queue times and make future adjustments as needed to ensure players can quickly queue into a match.
Feeling underfed, the moon demands sustenance, providing you with an upcoming opportunity to sate its seemingly endless appetite for blood!
The moonlit path you’ll take to heed your lunar overlord’s howl for sustenance is ready to be travelled. Players can complete up to three tasks a day between August 26, 3 a.m.–September 1, 3 a.m. server time. For more information on Hungering Moon, please see this article.
Yakin has once again come into possession of some liberated merchandise, likely plucked from a far-away excavation. His Shady Stock is in high demand and will be available to peruse from September 2, 3 a.m.–September 9, 3 a.m. server time, or until Westmarch’s guards raid his supply. For more information on Shady Stock, please see this article.
We’ll see you in Sanctuary!
-The Diablo Immortal Team