Emerge Victorious in the Trial of the Hordes
A trial of tenacity awaits you, adventurer.
Since we’ve met, many of you have traveled to Ancients’ Cradle in pursuit of the Cult of Terror, discovered a new Hell in Inferno Difficulty, and bolstered your martial capabilities with new fighting Stances. This content update introduces the new Trial of the Hordes challenge event and a handful of other additions.
Another wave of Server Merges is coming to Diablo Immortal on June 28. This wave will focus on our Japanese servers in the East Asia region. We will continue to monitor player populations across all servers and merge additional servers as needed. Here’s a complete list of all 12 servers that will merge into one in this wave:
For more information on how Server Merge works, see this article.
As with previous Content Updates, there will be server maintenance starting on June 27, from 5 p.m.–7 p.m. PDT for Oceania, China, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Europe Servers, and on June 28, from 1 a.m.–3 a.m. PDT for servers in the Americas. After the maintenance has concluded, all items mentioned below will be live—specific dates for any content going live afterward are provided below.
Trial of the Hordes Challenge Event
Experienced you may be, but emerging from the Trial of the Hordes victorious is the true mark of a champion. From June 28, 3 a.m.–July 12, 3 a.m. server time you can go head-to-head against another player while earning rewards and climbing your way through the event’s Ranks. Each player has an enclosed lane in which broods of demons will flood in waves—culling the demons from Hell with steadfast dedication is your goal.
As you put the sword to demons, more enemies will spawn on your opponent’s side and vice versa. Whoever can overwhelm their opponent with hell spawn—causing them to lose all their life—or has the most life by the match’s end, will win.
Your journey in Trial of the Hordes is marked by the Rank system. As you win matches and increase your rank, you’ll not only earn rewards and enter new Rank tiers, but steadily climb your way up the Leaderboard. Here are some additional guidelines for Trial of the Hordes:
- Players will compete against other players of the same Class—time to showcase your prowess!
- Matchmaking for Trial of the Hordes is cross-server. We hope you’re ready for fiercer competition.
- Slain monsters can drop Combat Globes, use these to turn the tides of battle.
- Slicing through cabals of wicked demons will spawn vigorous Elite enemies on your opponent’s side.
- All gear, Legendary Gems, Badges, and other bonuses can be used.
A bounty of additional rewards can be yours if you complete these daily tasks while playing Trial of the Hordes:
- Complete 1 match: 3,000 Gold, 20 Scrap
- Defeat 150 monsters: 3,000 Gold, 20 Scrap
- Pick up 5 Combat Globes: 10,000 Gold, 20 Scrap
- Defeat 1,000 monsters: 10,000 Gold, 50 Scrap
- Defeat 2,000 monsters: 10,000 Gold, 50 Scrap
- Win 3 matches: 10,000 Gold, 80 Scrap, and 1 random Legendary Item
Strive for excellence; winning 3 matches will unlock an additional mystery task for those worthy enough. Grab your gear and get ready to put your skills to the test, adventurer!
Season 15 Battle Pass: Bronze Wardens
You’ve endured centuries; time has shuffled on around you, sculpted you, and pushed you to evolve. Propel yourself forward and strike without abandon, just like the Bronze Wardens—the fate of Sanctuary depends on it! The Season 15 Battle Pass rises into action on July 6, at 3 a.m. server time. This Battle Pass hosts 40 ranks worth of challenges and rewards, such as Crests, Hilts, and more.
Remember, new Rank rewards are available in the Empowered Battle Pass, and rotating Cosmetics can be obtained from the Battle Archive Shop for owners of the Collector’s Empowered Battle Pass—get yours today!
This Battle Pass will be lost to time on August 3, at 2:59 a.m. server time—begin slaying demons and climbing your way through the ranks today!
From June 28 at 3 a.m. server time until the end of the Season 15 Battle Pass, players will have the option to swap the Two-Star Mother’s Lament Legendary Gem (Rank 1) for the Two-Star Fervent Fang Legendary Gem (Rank 1)—which is returning to the Battle Pass in Season 15—up to 4 times via the Battle Archive Shop.
Feeling underfed, the moon demands sustenance, providing you with an upcoming opportunity to sate its seemingly endless appetite for blood!
The moonlit path you’ll take to heed your lunar overlord’s howl for sustenance is ready to be travelled. Players can complete up to three tasks a day four times starting July 2, 3 a.m.–July 8, 3 a.m. server time. For more information on Hungering Moon, please see this article.
Yakin has once again come into possession of some liberated merchandise, likely plucked from a far-away excavation. His Shady Stock is in high demand and will be available to peruse from July 8, 3 a.m.–July 15, 3 a.m. server time, or until Westmarch’s guards raid his supply. For more information on Shady Stock, please see this article.
Corvus Expedition has been revamped in the following ways:
- Previously, 8 players were needed to begin an expedition—only 4 players are required now.
- Corvus Expeditions now reward more Gold, experience, and items.
The daily cap for Side Quests has been increased from 16 to 24.
We’re introducing some improvements to the map and map filter for Accursed Towers with the aim of providing players with increased information.
- Each tower will have a corresponding number that is displayed on the map to quickly identify them.
- The map filter will now display how many results your filter selection will yield prior to clicking or tapping the Ok button.
- Previously, the Contested, Occupied, and Unchallenged tower statuses were selected by default in the filter menu. However, this did not reflect the default state of the map, as the map by default shows all towers. Now, the filter opens with all tower statuses and buffs selected to accurately parallel what is shown by default on the map.
Clan and Shadow Clan Tabs
The number of towers a Clan currently occupies will now be displayed next to their name in the Clan and Shadow Clan tabs. This is so that players can make an informed decision to join a Clan based on their participation in Accursed Towers.
A few quality-of-life updates have been implemented to streamline this event.
- You no longer need to use the Purify button to claim each reward—it will now be done automatically.
- The text descriptions for each challenge have been updated for additional clarity.
Hatred’s Heritage Phantom Market
The Hatred’s Heritage Phantom Market will now end on July 12 at 3 a.m. server time instead of July 6 at 3 a.m. server time. The new Class can don the Hatred’s Heritage Cosmetic Set, so we want to provide players with additional time to obtain it.
We’ll see you in Sanctuary!
-The Diablo Immortal Team