Skewer Your Way through the Crimson Plane as the Blood Knight
Hold fast, adventurer.
Since we’ve met, many of you have gone head-to-head against members of your Class in the Trial of the Hordes Challenge event and started on the path to join the Bronze Wardens.
On July 13, you can assume the mantle of the Blood Knight in Diablo Immortal by creating a new character and playing through the campaign, switching to one using the improved Class Change feature, or trying them out in the new Crimson Plane limited-time event. For a full rundown of the Blood Knight’s origin, Skills, Legendary items, "Instincts” short story by Ryan Quinn, and more, visit this article.
As with previous content updates, there will be server maintenance starting on July 12, from 5 p.m.–7 p.m. PDT for Oceania, China, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Europe Servers, and on July 13, from 1 a.m.–3 a.m. PDT for servers in the Americas. After the maintenance has concluded, all items mentioned below will be live—specific dates for any content going live afterward are provided below.
Crimson Plane Limited-Time Event
Every Blood Knight must accept their days roaming Sanctuary with sentience are numbered. While Fernam’s ritual will suppress their physical transition into an unholy abomination for a time, the battle to stay human is also fought mentally. Two halves of a troubled mind exist in conflict. Entering the Crimson Plane may be the only way to retain harmony.
Crimson Plane is a limited-time event where players can get a taste of playing the Blood Knight. A 15-floor gauntlet awaits, inhabited by the fiercest minions the Hells can throw your way. Your journey in the Crimson Plane begins without your usual gear, gems, and skills. Instead, you will be provided with a set of pre-selected skills for the Blood Knight. To advance, you must rely solely on your vampiric instincts, unstable gear you find, and the Chaos Coins you receive from draining the blood of demonic hordes. Best of all, only unstable gear of Legendary rarity will drop in the Crimson Plane, and items you receive will complement the skills you begin with, equipping you with the ability to make, and tweak, your Blood Knight build on the fly. When your journey in the Crimson Plane is over, all the unstable gear you’ve collected will vanish.
The Chaos Coins you earn will also come to your aid—spend them at the Chaos Broker in exchange for new items or Shards of Fortune. These shards will increase your Fortune Rating, providing a greater chance of receiving higher-quality Legendary items from chests on each floor. If you’re resourceful enough to make it to the fifteenth floor without dying more than 5 times, you’ll receive a reward. Out of all the Legendary items you’ve encountered during your run, select 6, and out of those 6, you will be rewarded 1 at random to carry out of the Crimson Plane.
Every 5 floors a player completes will earn them bonus rewards for their current Class. These rewards reset weekly.
- Floor 5: Chaotic Chest.
- Floor 10: Chaotic Chest.
- Floor 15: Chaotic Chest and a random Legendary item.
Completing a new task each day for up to 7 days will score you progress toward milestone rewards.
- Complete 2 tasks: 10 Aspirant’s Keys.
- Complete 4 tasks: 1 Telluric Pearl.
- Complete 6 tasks: 1 Legendary Crest.
- Complete 7 tasks: Horadric Legacy Sanguine Cosmetic.
Put your troubled mind at ease before you succumb to the curse—the Crimson Plane is available from July 13, 3 a.m.–August 2, 3 a.m. server time.
New Elite Quest: Vowed in Blood
Their heart may lie in Shassar, but Fevered Missionaries have appeared in Westmarch. Ally with a veteran Blood Knight to investigate the missionaries’ plot and confront sinister discoveries as you learn about the Blood Knights and the tortured curse they bear. You must have unlocked Hell Difficulty I to embark on the Vowed in Blood quest.
Many of you have been diligently purifying objects in the Dread Pilgrimage event and earning a cache of rewards. Starting on July 17, 3 a.m. server time, the final challenge of this event unlocks: complete the Crimson Plane. Should you be victorious, multiple rewards fit for a shadowy vampire hunter will be added to your collection.
- A random One-Star Legendary Gem.
- A random Two-Star Legendary Gem.
- Spiteful Blood Five-star Legendary Gem.
- Blood Rebirth Portal Cosmetic.
- Blood Rebirth Weapon Cosmetic for all Classes.
- Blood Rebirth Armor cosmetic for all Classes.
Be sure to purify all objects in the Dread Pilgrimage event before they’re reclaimed by Hell’s armies on August 2, 3 a.m. server time.
Children of Inarius Cosmetic Set
Only the Inari could save their people from the Eternal Conflict. Only a demon would fail to see that. Adopt the poise and attire of the Inari people with the Children of Inarius Cosmetic Set, available from the in-game shop for 1,000 Eternal Orbs.
Fire Before Darkness
In Sanctuary, few are capable enough to stand against the darkness and wager their life for the defenseless. But you, adventurer, have consigned your days to thinning out the ranks of the Burning Hells, ushering in safety where all hope was once lost. Your quest to serve the people leads you to Mount Zavain, the home of the Monks of Ivgorod.
From July 15, 3 a.m.–July 23, 3 a.m. server time, completing daily Fire Before Darkness tasks will unlock various milestone rewards for your bravery, such as:
- Complete 3 tasks: 1 random Legendary item.
- Complete 5 tasks: 3 Rare Crests.
- Complete 8 tasks: 1 Telluric Pearl.
- Complete 10 tasks: 1 Legendary Crest.
All Clans on Deck
The armies of the Burning Hells are mustering their forces for a ploy, most assuredly of nefarious intent. You must rally your banner, adventurer—call upon your Clan for aid to beat back the tide of darkness! From July 22, 3 a.m.–July 30, 3 a.m. server time, Sanctuary will need All Clans on Deck. For more information about this event and its rewards, visit this article.
One of the ways you can pick up a polearm and impale foes as a Blood Knight is by using the Class Change feature. To celebrate the release of our seventh Class, from July 13, 3 a.m.–August 2, 3 a.m. server time, the cooldown to change from one Class to another will be reduced from 7 days to 24 hours. You will have the ability to revert to your previous Class after each change with no cooldown as well.
We have made additional permanent tweaks to the Class Change feature:
- The Primary Attribute (Strength or Intelligence) of equipped Normal, Magic, Rare, and Set items will now convert towards the Primary Attribute of your new Class. This also applies to items in your Inventory and Stash.
- For each Legendary item equipped, you will receive Legendary items with the exact same Attributes. The Primary Attributes of the items will be adjusted for the Class you’re changing to. All previously equipped Legendary items from your prior Class will be moved to your Inventory. As a result, you’ll receive Legendary items the first time you change to a brand-new Class.
- Any Demonic Remains will be converted to the class you’ve changed to and retain their stats.
- Beginning the second time you change to a Class, a set of Transfer Legendary items will be granted to you. These items cannot be Salvaged for materials or extracted for their Legendary Essence.
- Any empty Slots upon transferring will be filled with Transfer Legendary items.
- Paragon Point allocations will no longer reset after each time you change classes.
Legendary Items Transmogrification
After reaching Essence Mastery Level 1, players will unlock the new Transmogrification feature, allowing them to change the appearance of their gear with that of specific Legendary items.
Now, when a player extracts Essence from marked Legendary items at the Essence Transfer vendor, the appearance of that item will be added to the Transmogrification Collection—this is a location where players can view each transmog they’ve unlocked. Transmogs can be applied to any items in their corresponding slot. The equipment slot will display the chosen transmog’s appearance until it is removed via the Transmogrification Collection. Note that players cannot wear both Cosmetics and transmogs for the same slot. You CAN, for example, wear a Weapon Cosmetic with transmogs for your armor slots though.
This content update enables 126 existing Legendary items to be transmogable.
A wall has been added for Defenders in Phase 2 of Battleground to amend an issue where Attackers would get boxed in and killed immediately after their spawn location shifted. When the spawn location shifts, Defenders will only be allowed to leave their previous spawn location and cannot re-enter.
A Destroy button has been added for Charms of Ranks 2–5.
- Players no longer need to sign up to contest each individual tower. Clan Leaders can now select which of their Clan members will contest a particular tower.
- If a PvP match begins without enough players from your Clan, you can jump into the match and fill an available slot. Players can only join one PvP match per day using this method.
- Players can now see if members of their Clan have joined a PvE or PvP match in the enrollment menu.
Blood Knight Cosmetics
With the introduction of the Blood Knight class, we have created a Blood Knight version of the below Cosmetics. Going forward, any Cosmetic that releases will include a version for the Blood Knight.
- Anointed Immortal (Armor and Weapon)
- Blood Rebirth (Armor, Weapon, and Portal)
- Bronze Wardens (Armor, Weapon, and Portal)
- Children of Inarius (Armor, Weapon, and Portal)
- Exalted Immortal (Armor and Weapon)
- Hatred's Heritage (Armor, Weapon, and Portal)
- Inferno Within (Weapon)
- Scions of the Storm Argent (Armor, Weapon, and Portal)
Beta Credit to Eternal Orbs Conversion
Any Beta Credit that players received from making purchases during Diablo Immortal’s Closed Beta will automatically convert to Eternal Orbs after the maintenance period concludes for your region. The Orbs and information on the conversation rate will be delivered to you via in-game mail.
We’ll see you in Sanctuary!
-The Diablo Immortal Team