Calling All Clans! Test Your Might in Our Next Content Update
May you walk on hallowed ground, adventurer.
Since we’ve met, you have honored the heroes of unification, sampled Yakin’s shady stock, and ventured into the Dark Wood to expunge malicious threats. This content update introduces three new events, 36 new Legendary Items, and an array of updates to existing features.
As with previous Content Updates, there will be server maintenance starting on April 25, from 5 p.m.–7 p.m. PDT for Oceania, China, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Europe Servers, and on April 26, from 1 a.m.–3 a.m. PDT for servers in the Americas. After the maintenance has concluded, all items mentioned below will be live—specific dates for any content going live afterward are provided below.
Trials of the Warrior Limited-Time Event
All Clans on Deck Limited-Time Event
New Cosmetic Set: Spectral Flame
36 New Legendary Items
Note that the below Legendary Items are only available in Hell Difficulty VII and above.
- Bloodguzzle (Shoulders): Each time Cleave deals damage to an enemy within 2 seconds, its damage against that enemy is increased by 10%, up to 30%.
- Indiscriminate Heat (Pants): Ground Stomp now also causes lava to erupt from the ground after a short delay, damaging and Stunning enemies.
- Lurker’s Last Chance (Main Hand): Cleave now becomes Channeled, damaging all enemies in front of you repeatedly.
- Peace and Quietus (Off-Hand): Hammer of the Ancients now can be dropped at a targeted location and when activated again, you and the hammer rush toward each other, gathering any enemies in between together.
- Truss of Stolen Skin (Chest): After using Hammer of the Ancients, your Attack Speed and Movement Speed are increased by 20% for 4 seconds.
- Visage of the Living Ancients (Head): Demoralize now calls on the power of an Ancient to charge toward you from a targeted location, bringing any enemies in its path to you.
Developer’s Note: Hammer of the Ancients and Demoralize combine to draw enemies, setting them up to be controlled by Ground Stomp and subsequently Cleaved to death.
- Adamant Lash (Main Hand): When Spinning Shield hits an Immobilized enemy, it will Stun them for 3 seconds.
- Ardent Shepherd (Off-Hand): Spinning Shield now hurls 3 electrified shields that Stun enemies they strike for 4 seconds, but no longer return to you. Spinning Shield now has 2 maximum charges.
- Censured Trespass (Pants): Shield Charge now slams your shield into the ground, dealing damage and pulling in nearby enemies.
- Crown of Dispassion (Head): Consecration now covers a smaller, targetable area, but will automatically seek nearby enemies.
- Last Defender (Chest): For every enemy affected by your Consecration you receive heavenly strength, increasing your damage by 2%, up to 10%.
- Radiant Auspex (Shoulders): When Conjuration of Light is activated, it will now also Blind all nearby enemies for 3 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Shield Charge helps you round up monsters, creating a captive audience for a stunning Spinning Shield display, after which you can drop Consecration and watch them melt away.
- Duplicitous Prophetics (Chest): Knockback Shot now causes your Primary Attack to also fire a blast of wind that knocks enemies away.
- False Manifesto (Head): After using Knockback Shot, your Primary Attack Speed is increased by 30% for 4 seconds.
- Intended Consequences (Pants): Knife Trap now attracts enemies once triggered and explodes several seconds later.
- Precipitous Execution (Shoulders): Rain of Vengeance now deploys flaming arrows, Burning all enemies in the targeted area.
- Theory of Retribution (Off Hand): Crossbow Shot now also deals additional damage whenever it hits the same enemy 3 times.
- Tiresome Rebuke (Main Hand): Multishot now randomly fires either Hatred or Discipline arrows, causing any struck enemies to become Vulnerable or Slowed, respectively. Enemies affected by both effects take additional damage and are Stunned.
Developer’s Note: Rain of Vengeance supplies the flame for an Ignite to be combined with Knockback Shot’s wind, creating broiling Firestorms to roast your opponents.
- Bell of Sorrow (Head): Inner Sanctuary now forms a spiritual sphere, greatly reducing the Movement Speed of enemies and preventing Dash skills from being used while within the sphere.
- Desert Striders (Pants): Each time Wave of Light deals damage to an enemy within 2 seconds, its damage against that enemy is increased by 3%, up to 30%.
- Noble’s Path (Chest): Flying Dragon now creates a massive updraft in a targeted area, knocking any enemies in the area up into the air. If Flying Dragon is activated again after hitting enemies, you will teleport to them and deliver a flurry of kicks dealing damage and Stunning them.
- Order Without Sin (Main Hand): The final strike of Fists of Thunder's full combo now generates a ball of lightning that deals damage continually.
- Shoulders of Vylnas (Shoulders): Wave of Light now becomes Channeled, dropping a golden bell in front of you that you repeatedly strike, damaging all nearby enemies.
- Vedenin’s Sting (Off-Hand): Flying Dragon now also shatters enemy armor, increasing damage taken by 10% for 3 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Flying Dragon is your opener, allowing for high movement and control of your enemy. After which, you can keep them in place with Inner Sanctuary. Once you’ve got them where you want them, unleash Wave of Light to finish them off.
- Adjudicator’s Cage (Chest): Bone Spirits damage increased by 35% to Feared enemies.
- Emperor of Worms (Head): Corpse Lance now also reduces the Movement Speed of any enemies it strikes and Immobilizes any enemy hit by a lance 4 times for 3 seconds.
- Soul Levee (Off-Hand): Bone Spirits now instantly unleashes many spirits, but no longer consumes energy to maintain the effect.
- Strange Sojourn (Pants): Wraith Form now quickly transports you to your target. Upon arrival, you deal damage and Fear all nearby enemies.
- Stroke of Midnight (Main Hand): Wraith Form cooldown is reduced by 0.5 second each time you are hit. Cooldown cannot be reduced by more than 1.5 seconds maximum.
- Tremulous Boil (Shoulders): Corpse Explosion now also detonates the Fear of targeted enemies, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.
Developer’s Note: Use Wraith Form to spread Fear among your enemies, following up with Bone Spirits to nuke them, and then a final detonation of that Fear into nothingness with Corpse Explosion.
- Crustclaw (Shoulders): Ice Armor now also reduces the amount of continual damage you take by 40%.
- Riftcarver (Main Hand): Arcane Torrent now creates a chaotic orb that moves with you and fires arcane missiles at random nearby enemies.
- Soaring Scree (Off-Hand): Allies struck by Lightning Nova gain 30% increased Movement Speed for 1 second.
- Sprightspark (Chest): Lightning Nova now transfigures you into a ball of pure lightning, allowing you to move at high speed and continually deal damage to any nearby enemies.
- The Medley (Pants): Whenever Arcane Torrent hits an enemy 4 times, they will take an additional burst of damage.
- Tomorrow’s Silhouette (Head): Your Slow Time now follows you.
Developer’s Note: Take your dazzling display on the road by using Slow Time and Arcane Torrent while remaining mobile, and finish with a flourish of Lightning Nova to damage and control those before you.
Hell Difficulty Player Merge
We are making changes so that more players across Hell Difficulties can play together based on Server Paragon Level, finding a Party will be easier, and completing dungeons solo or with a small Party will be easier.
Server Paragon Level 320: Players in Hell Difficulties I-IV can play together, and dungeons will be tuned for the number of players.
Server Paragon Level 360: Players in Hell I-V can play together, and dungeons will be tuned for the number of players.
Server Paragon Level 480: Players in Hell I-VI can play together, and dungeons will be tuned for the number of players.
Server Paragon Level 600: Players in Hell I-VII can play together, and dungeons will be tuned for the number of players.
Server Paragon Level 800: Players in Hell I-VIII can play together, and dungeons will be tuned for the number of players.
Accursed Towers PvE Registration Deadline Change
The timing for Clans to register for Purification of Accursed Towers has been changed from Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. through Mondays at 3:00 a.m. server time to now take place Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. through Sundays at 9 p.m. server time. Towers will activate for purges after the registration deadline ends, as they always have.
Developer’s Note: Despite originally lining up the registration deadline with the timing of the weekly reset, we made this change to reduce the pressure players may have felt to attend an awkward start time.
Battleground and Rite of Exile Change
Now, when Defenders are pushing back the Idol in Phase 2 of Battleground and Rite of Exile, the Idol’s movement speed will be 50% slower.
Requirements Change to Unlock Gated Gear
Gear drops from activities not tied to Hell Difficulties, such as Elder Rifts, are no longer unlocked through Challenge Rift progression. Instead, they are unlocked by defeating Helliquary bosses who unlock the corresponding Hell Difficulty.
Here is a reminder of which Helliquary bosses unlock Hell Difficulties.
- Felling Lassal the Flame-spun unlocks Hell Difficulty I
- Felling Vitaath the Shivering Death unlocks Hell Difficulty II
- Felling Gorgothra the Claimer unlocks Hell Difficulty III
- Felling Beledwe and Gishtur unlocks Hell Difficulty IV
- Felling Izilech the Misshapen unlocks Hell Difficulty V
Cursed Item Update
We have updated the following Positive Properties:
Blustered: The tornado will now automatically target the nearest enemy.
Detested: Previously, this Property could only be triggered by Skills marked with the Control tag. We have now expanded the trigger condition to include additional loss of control effects.
Nettled: The counterattack state will persist for its full duration even if the shield you used to activate it is broken.
Tortured: We have updated the visuals of the trail of lurid flames to more accurately align with the area that enemies will take damage in.
We have also added several new Negative Properties.
Dulled: Damage dealt to shielded enemies is reduced.
Enfeebled: Damage dealt to full Life enemies is reduced.
Parched: Healing Potion cooldown is increased.
Developer’s Note: Our goal with this minor update to Cursed Items was to make several of the Positive Properties feel better to use, and to create more options for Negative Properties that players can strategize around—finding ones that affect their build the least while reaping the benefits of the Positive Properties.
Raid Group Assembly
Players can now convert their Party into a Raid anywhere in the wilderness. This Raid can be brought directly into any activity that requires a Raid, bypassing the need to form a Raid in the Lobby. Using the new My Raid menu, the Raid leader can promote other members of the group to administrators, who will have the same privileges as the leader. The Raid leader and their administrators can also access a suite of Raid features to help manage larger player counts.
Raids in the wilderness can consist of up to 8 players and cannot engage in activities meant for Parties, such as Dungeons, Hidden Lairs, and Elder Rifts. Also, any Party-wide bonuses are only shared amongst the 4 members in your immediate Raid group.
Developer’s Note: We have heard player feedback that assembling a group within Raid Lobbies was tedious, and we agree. With this update, we are aiming to streamline how players assemble their Raids, with the goal of helping Raids transition between different Raid activities without needing to reassemble the group each time. We've also reworked the interface whilst in a Raid so players can see who’s in the Raid—even in extra-large Raid activities such as Corvus Expedition.
Earn Missed Immortal Rewards
Players can now earn missed rewards from the weekly celebration of a new Immortal Reign by completing activities that grant Battle Points.
Developer’s Note: We understand that the demons of the real world can sometimes demand more attention than those in Sanctuary, and losing out on rewards due to missing a day or two of gameplay can feel bad. We introduced this gameplay-oriented way of catching up on missed rewards to add a bit more flexibility.
Rite of Exile and Accursed Towers Spectator Mode
All Immortal and Shadows can now Spectate Rite of Exile battles. Players can also Spectate their own Clan’s Accursed Towers PvP matches.
Customized Chat Shortcuts
Each Chat Channel now has their own set of customizable shortcuts. Many player-typed messages can be stored per Channel as a shortcut. Players can customize their messages by tapping or clicking on the Feather Icon. They can also insert their shortcuts in the expanded chat preview by tapping or clicking on the Arrow Icon next to the Chat text box.
Chat Channel Tabs
Different tabs have been added to the Chat Window so players can quickly swap between Chat Channels, such as Party or Clan Chat. For players who prefer not seeing tabs, they can turn this feature off in the Chat Settings menu.
Predictive Chat Messages
While communicating through many Chat Channels, players will have the option to send a Predictive Chat message. Players can tap on the message to send it or on the X icon to dismiss the suggestion.
For example, when players in a party enter a dungeon and open the Party Channel, a Predictive chat message saying Good luck will be suggested.
Voice Chat Improvement
Players can now easily join voice chat via the Party and Raid dropdown menu.
Voice Memo Improvements
The Chat Memo feature has been streamlined. Players no longer need to press and hold the Voice Memo button while talking to record their message. Now, they can press the button to initiate a recording. A transcription of your message can be reviewed before sending it. We have also added a setting which allows players to dictate whether the Voice Memo captures their voice and text transcription, or only the text transcription.
Cross-Class Cosmetic Sets
Certain Cosmetics in the shop will now have a new Deluxe Edition—starting with Amber Blades, Crowned Ones, Spawn of Damnation and Winged Darkness. The Deluxe Edition for each of these Cosmetics costs 3,000 Eternal Orbs and includes the corresponding Armor, Weapon, and Portal Cosmetic. Deluxe Cosmetics are Cross-Class for only the character you purchase them for. If you own the Standard or Collector’s Edition of a supported Cosmetic, you can pay the difference to upgrade it to a Deluxe Cosmetic, giving you the ability to use it on your other Classes.
If a player has previously spent a combined total of 3,000 Eternal Orbs or more on any of the supported Cosmetics, they can upgrade to the Deluxe Edition for free and will receive any excess orbs spent back via in-game mail. For example, if I purchased the Standard Amber Blades cosmetic for 4 of my characters at 1,000 Eternal Orbs each, I could freely upgrade this cosmetic to the Deluxe Edition and will receive 1,000 Eternal Orbs back. Note that you may need to restart your game to receive the refunded Eternal Orbs.
Trials of the Warrior Limited-Time Event
A true warrior isn’t measured by their title but by their feats. Add to your accolades from April 26, 3 a.m.–May 4, 3 a.m. server time by completing Daily and Challenge tasks from the Trials of the Warrior event. Players can either complete Bounties or Elder Rifts to earn treasures befitting their valor. Based on the tier you achieve by the event’s conclusion; you’ll receive a corresponding reward via in-game mail. Players will only receive the reward for the highest tier achieved and not preceding tiers.
Bronze Tier (1 Bounty or Elder Rift): 1 Rare Crest
Silver Tier (10 Bounties or Elder Rifts): 1 Rare Crest and 1 random One-Star Legendary Gem
Gold Tier (30 Bounties or 20 Elder Rifts): 1 Rare Crest and 2 random One-Star Legendary Gems
Platinum Tier (40 Bounties or 30 Elder Rifts): 1 Rare Crest and 3 random One-Star Legendary Gems
Diamond Tier (50 Bounties or 40 Elder Rifts): 1 Rare Crest and 4 random One-Star Legendary Gems
Players must log in the week following the event to receive their rewards.
Feeling underfed, the moon demands sustenance, providing you with an upcoming opportunity to sate its seemingly endless appetite for blood in this new version of Hungering Moon!
The moonlit path you’ll take to heed your lunar overlord’s howl for sustenance is ready to be travelled. Players can complete up to three tasks a day four times starting April 26, 3 a.m.–May 2, 2:59 a.m. server time. Through completing tasks, you’ll gain Astrolabe Power—the power can be used to draw one of two types of blessings with unique benefits from the Astrolabe.
Drawing a Blessing of More will give you a 50% bonus to gold drops from dungeons or a 10% damage increase while in dungeons for a limited-time, handy for combating the monsters lurking about and adding extra heft to your coin purse. Each Blessing of More will supply you with 5 Moonslivers after using it.
Drawing a Blessing of Might invites you to complete any dungeon in exchange for Moonslivers, and if you complete the dungeon with a party, twice the amount of Moonslivers shall be bestowed upon you. The moon is a generous entity, so you may have one of each Blessing active at a time.
Once you’ve racked up a handful of Moonslivers by purging demonic hordes from dungeons, visit the Hermit’s Collection located within the Hungering Moon event page to trade your Moonslivers for lunar-laced rewards of your choice. Be sure to collect and use 12 blessings in total to earn The Moon’s Regard—a bounty of 90 bonus Moonslivers meant for the most exemplary devotees.
Brimming with generosity, the moon will also reward you with the below materials if you collect the listed amount of Moonslivers during the event’s duration. No Moonslivers need to be spent to acquire the materials.
10 Moonslivers: 3 Rare Crests
50 Moonslivers: 1 random Set Item
130 Moonslivers: 1 Telluric Pearl
230 Moonslivers: 1 Legendary Crest
Can you satisfy the moon’s hunger before the long night wanes?
All Clans on Deck Limited-Time Event
The armies of the Burning Hells are mustering their forces for a ploy, most assuredly of nefarious intent. You must rally your banner, adventurer—call upon your Clan for aid to beat back the tide of darkness! From May 3, 3 a.m.–May 11, 3 a.m. server time, Sanctuary will need All Clans on Deck. To cease this demonic incursion, your Clan must track down and dispatch Elite enemies together before time runs out. The spoils of war will be your Clan’s to reap, and rewards will be provided via in-game mail to all members of your Clan once All Clans on Deck ends. Players will only receive the reward for the highest tier achieved by their Clan and not preceding tiers.
Bronze Tier (Eliminate 150 Elite Enemies): 1 random Legendary Item
Silver Tier (Eliminate 1500 Elite Enemies): 1 random Legendary Item and 15 Aspirant’s Keys
Gold Tier (Eliminate 3000 Elite Enemies): 1 random Legendary Item, 15 Aspirant’s Keys, and 1 random One-Star Legendary Gem
Platinum Tier (Eliminate 4500 Elite Enemies): 1 random Legendary Item, 15 Aspirant’s Keys, 1 random One-Star Legendary Gem, and 3 random Normal Gems
Diamond Tier (Eliminate 6000 Elite Enemies): 1 random Legendary Item, 15 Aspirant’s Keys, 1 random One-Star Legendary Gem, 3 random Normal Gems, and the Commander’s Frame temporary Avatar Frame
Players must log in the week following the event to receive their rewards.
New Cosmetic Set: Spectral Flame
The ethereal flame is omnipresent. It envelops us, warming our hearts to persevere through the chilling destruction ushered in by the Burning Hells. Stoke the undying embers of humanity with the Spectral Flame Standard Cosmetic Set, purchasable from the in-game Shop for 1,000 Eternal Orbs.
Looking for the newest round of hotfixes and bug fixes implemented for Diablo Immortal? Check here for all-platform fixes—updated on Tuesdays—and our known issues blog for PC-specific fixes.
We’ll see you in Sanctuary!
-The Diablo Immortal Team