BlizzCon 2017: Over and Out
Now that BlizzCon 2017 has come and gone, we want to thank everyone from esports competitors to all the folks who joined us from home with the Virtual Ticket for helping us have another unbelievable BlizzCon!
Here’s what we revealed:
- World of Warcraft’s next expansion, Battle for Azeroth
- Kobolds and Catacombs, the upcoming Heartstone expansion
- StarCraft II going free to play, including the Wings of Liberty campaign and ranked multiplayer ladder
- Our two new Heroes of the Storm heroes, Alexstrasza and Hanzo
- The next Overwatch hero, brilliant geneticist Moira, along with a new Blizzard World map and Reinhardt animated short
We want to wish a hearty GG to all this year’s esports champs, including the winners of the StarCraft II World Champion Series, Rogue; Heroes Global Championship winners, MVP Black; World of Warcraft Arena World Championship, ABC; Hearthstone Inn-vitational, Grimestreet Grifters; and the Overwatch World Cup champs, South Korea. Every one of our competitors here and at Opening Week made esports super exciting, and we thank you!
BlizzCon is always a great place to catch awesome cosplay, and this year was no exception. Your eye for detail is unmatched, and we love seeing what you come up with year after year. Thank you for inspiring us yet again.
Our panel of hosts, judges, and casters made sure BlizzCon was an excellent experience for those attending in-person and via live stream, and seeing Muse rock the Closing Ceremony made it an event we will never forget.
We want to thank this year’s epic sponsors: ASUS, Cisco, CORSAIR, DXRacer, HP, Intel, NVIDIA, NZXT, Razer, and T-Mobile, for supporting and powering the convention.
And last, but certainly most importantly, thank you to every single member of our community. Without you, BlizzCon wouldn’t be possible. Thank you for your passion, dedication, and heart. You’re the reason we’re here!
Your friends at Blizzard Entertainment