What’s Playing on Battle.net: News and notable events in late July 2023
Slather on some sunscreen and crank your barbecue to Burning Hells-high heat—it’s time to hit the virtual beach and serve up some summer fun with friends in your favorite games.
Embark on this year’s Dread Pilgrimage in Diablo Immortal, make a splash during the Overwatch 2 Summer Games, celebrate the realm’s hottest festival in Hearthstone, and more.
Every two weeks, we help you catch up on all things Battle.net by highlighting new content, developer updates, and “don’t miss” occasions to help you hit important dates and maximize each in-game moment.
Navigate by franchise
World of Warcraft
The Fractures in Time Content Update is now live
Venture into time itself to push back the encroaching chaos from other timelines and ensure the preservation of the future. Plus, tend whelps in the Ruby Lifeshrine, embrace the way of the Warlock as the class expands to all races, try out the new dracthyr Augmentation Evoker specialization, and more.
Check out the new Auction House update and more on the WoW Companion App
Stay on top of the latest events in Azeroth by downloading the free mobile app that allows you to take World of Warcraft with you anywhere!
- Choose from each expansion to access the content you want on the go, view the latest news, and set your favorite character for quick access
- Plan and manage your Dragonflight adventures by viewing active World Quests and Major Faction Quests, along with their respective rewards
- Stay in touch with your friends and guildmates wherever you go with the Community and Guild Chat feature
- Buy and sell wares on the Auction House remotely
Check out this blog to learn more about all of the features implemented with the latest app update.
Get the Swift Shorestrider mount with Prime Gaming
From now through July 20, Amazon Prime subscribers can obtain this wondrous (and free!) WoW mount.
Introducing the newest class: Blood Knight
An accursed ally has stepped out of the shadows that cling so desperately to Sanctuary, ready to quell the monsters that plague the land. This vanquisher of vampires feeds on the lives of enemies, entraps them in deadly shadows summoned with cursed strength, and relies on their trusty polearm to maintain distance from danger. And if all else fails, they may just succumb to the unholy abomination within themselves that’s vying for control of their humanity.
Skewer your way through the Crimson Plane as the Blood Knight
- The new Crimson Plane limited-time event gives you the opportunity to try out Diablo Immortal’s newest class
- This 15-floor gauntlet begins without your usual gear, gems, and skills, instead providing you with a set of pre-selected skills
- To advance, you’ll have to rely solely on your vampiric instincts, unstable gear you find, and the Chaos Coins you receive
- Every five floors you manage to complete will earn you a bonus reward for your current class
Learn more about the Crimson Plane, this year’s Dread Pilgrimage, and more in the latest content update blog.
Call of Duty
Get the lowdown on Season 04 Reloaded
- Drop into Vondel for a new Warzone 2.0 Battle Royale experience featuring dedicated Quads, Trios, Duos, and Solos Playlists, along with a dedicated Gulag
- Supes from the hit show The Boys have arrived in Vondel for a special limited-time map experience
- Experience the epic conclusion to Modern Warfare II’s Special Ops RAID, Atomgrad
- Complete your Battle Pass and reach max Prestige before Ranked Play ends
Learn about all of the latest Warzone 2.0 and Modern Warfare II content in this mid-season blog.
Season of the Malignant begins soon
A deviant form of Lilith’s sinister machinations has given birth to a malevolent threat in the first Season of Diablo IV. Starting on July 20, embark on a new journey to complete the latest Questline, quell Varshan the Consumed, delve into the Malignant Tunnels Dungeon, and more.
Make a splash with the return of the Summer Games
Set your team up for a win in the brand-new Winston’s Beach Volleyball game mode, net a few goals with the return of Lúcioball, and unlock Epic new rewards before the Games end on July 25!
Turn up the Tavern’s heat during the Midsummer Fire Festival
From now until August 1, embrace the spirit of summer by completing quests for either Hearthstone or Battlegrounds to collect event XP and unlock loot, including up to six Card Packs and two skins.
Quests are back in Battlegrounds!
Fulfill different requirements in every match to unlock game-changing Rewards with the return (and rebalancing!) of Quests.
Grab tickets to this year’s BlizzCon this weekend!
The second wave of BlizzCon tickets goes on sale this Saturday, July 22, at 10 AM PDT. Whether you’re planning to watch the show online or attend in person, you can get details about this year’s tickets, pricing, and how to purchase yours in this blog.