What’s Playing on Battle.net: News and notable events in early July 2023
Whether you’re kicking back in the Tavern or taking a break from wrangling Azeroth’s unwieldy timeways, check out recent beats from all of your favorite games and get ready to confront whatever awaits you this week.
Harness mythic power in Hearthstone, turn back time in World of Warcraft, unleash hellish wrath upon other players in Diablo Immortal, and more.
Every two weeks, we help you catch up on all things Battle.net by highlighting new content, developer updates, and “don’t miss” occasions to help you hit important dates and maximize each in-game moment.
Navigate by franchise
Before the age of mortals, the Titans came to the world. These gods towered over the nascent planet, using powerful magic and advanced technology to breathe life into it. They imbued their keepers with celestial powers to watch over the planet and help forge many of the beings that would inhabit it. This is Hearthstone’s most cosmic expansion yet. This is what myths are made of. This is TITANS!
- Log in now to get your first taste of TITANS with the free Prison of Yogg-Saron Legendary Location card
- This patch kicks off the beta season of Twist, a new Mode that allows you to replay all of your old favorite cards while seeing them in a whole new light
- To celebrate the Twist beta, you can complete in-game Event Quests until July 11 to earn XP on a special rewards track
Read up on the latest Tavern updates in the new Patch Notes blog now.
Boost your Collection by unlocking three Standard Card Packs now!
World of Warcraft
Visit T&W just outside the Mage District in Stormwind or the Zen’shiri Trading Post next to Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar to check out the new items hitting the shelves this month. Plus, complete activities to fill the bar at the top of your Traveler’s Log to receive a bonus reward—the Grotto Netherwing Drake mount.
The Ruby Lifeshrine has more eggs than it can manage and needs a little help hatching and teaching five of their dragon whelps, so they’ve called in the crew at the Little Scales Daycare to assist. The crew has become overwhelmed and needs you to help wrangle some whelps. Complete all five graduation quests to receive new achievements, rewards, and a title.
From now through July 20, Amazon Prime subscribers can obtain this wondrous (and free!) WoW mount.
After four years away, BlizzCon is returning to Anaheim, California from November 3-4! We’re excited to get everyone together again, celebrate our communities, and share what we’ve been working on. Whether you’re planning to watch the show online or attend in person, you can get details about this year’s tickets, pricing, and how to purchase yours in this blog.
From now through July 12, go head-to-head against other players in the Trial of the Hordes to climb the event’s Ranks and earn rewards. Whichever player can overwhelm their opponent with hellspawn—causing them to lose all their life—or has the most life by the match’s end, wins!
Overwatch 2’s newest mode features a 1v4 asymmetrical fight, where four brave adventurers attempt to conquer Demon Lord Reinhardt as they endeavor to stop his monstrous rampage throughout Overland. The team sat down with CactusPuppy, a member of the Overwatch 2 community and the mode’s creator, to discuss his design and what it took to bring it to life.
- This season, the team has prioritized bringing players of equal skill levels together to cut down on one-sided matches and make games fairer
- As each player’s matchmaking rating (or MMR) is adjusted after every match, playing more matches will provide the internal matchmaker with additional information that is then used to create balanced games
- The team is making incremental adjustments throughout Season 5 to enable more players to climb out of Bronze 5 in a way that doesn’t upset the current rank distribution balance
- Team Queue will be introduced as a mid-season Competitive mode, allowing players in a full group of five to queue with no rank restrictions
Learn more about new improvements coming soon to Competitive Play in the latest update blog.
Unlock new loot and get +5 Battle Pass tier skips with Prime Gaming now.
World of Warcraft Classic
Intrepid players will have the opportunity to show if they have the grit to engage with Azeroth, its denizens, and their fellow players in the ultimate test of survival. Think you have what it takes to go Hardcore? Check out Classic Hardcore on the Public Test Realms.