What’s Playing on Battle.net: News and notable events in late November 2022
Whether you’re looking for Azeroth’s latest news or preparing to deploy in DMZ, you can check out recent beats from all of your favorite games below.
Create your dracthyr in World of Warcraft, drop into Warzone 2.0’s first battleground and try out the game’s new mode, preview Overwatch 2’s new hero, play Warcraft Arclight Rumble’s overhauled PvP, meet Hearthstone’s Death Knight class, and more.
Every two weeks, we help you catch up on all things Battle.net by highlighting new content, developer updates, and “don’t miss” occasions to help you hit important dates and maximize each in-game moment.
Navigate by franchise
World of Warcraft
The second Dragonflight pre-expansion patch is now live
Begin leveling through the Forbidden Reach, ward off attacks from the Primalists in the new Tempest Unleashed event, and create your dracthyr (or spend an hour contemplating all of the new character creator choices) now.
Need to catch up on everything you missed during the first pre-expansion patch? We’ve got you covered:
- You can now customize your HUD (heads-up display) and UI (user interface) to fit your individual needs
- All playable races can now be rolled as Mages, Rogues, and Priests, adding eight new race and class combinations to World of Warcraft
- The Talent system has received its biggest update yet, giving you the freedom to experiment with different class builds
Earn the Feldrake mount for free
From November 28 - December 1, watch at least four hours of WoW: Dragonflight on Twitch to earn yourself a fearsome new friend. Plus, beginning on November 28, you can support your favorite WoW streamers and earn the adorable new Ichabod pet by gifting an eligible creator’s channel two Twitch subscriptions.
Acquaint yourself with the Dragon Isles
The ancestral home of the dragonflights is a place filled with primordial wonder and long-forgotten secrets—as well as plenty of new dangers to accidentally stumble upon while trying to skirt around a pack of mobs on your mount. Ahead of your departure, learn more about the lands you’ll encounter along your adventures.
- Awaken as a dracthyr Evoker in the Forbidden Reach, the former training grounds of the black dragonflight
- Explore the untamed Waking Shores and witness the resurgence of age-old elemental energy
- Immerse yourself in the lush beauty of the green dragonflight’s former home, the Ohn’ahran Plains
- Brave the chill of the Azure Span as you aid Kalecgos on a critical mission
- Uncover mysteries of the past in Thaldraszus, the cradle of dragonkind
Celebrate 18 years of WoW
Log in to Shadowlands between November 6 - November 27 to earn this year’s anniversary achievement and a special Anniversary Gift Package. Plus, complete daily quests to earn Timewarped Badges and take on classic bosses like Lord Kazzak, Azuregos, and the four Dragons of Nightmare to earn loot.
Call of Duty
Welcome to Warzone 2.0
Drop into Al Mazrah now to experience the all-new open-world mode, DMZ, and try out some of the fresh features added to Battle Royale.
Get an overview of Warzone 2.0 and Modern Warfare II Season 01
- The enormous Al Mazrah, a city within the United Republic of Adal, is the first Warzone 2.0 battleground
- Play your way in Warzone 2.0’s DMZ, the new open-world, narrative-focused extraction mode
- Warm up for Modern Warfare II’s Ranked Multiplayer with the Call of Duty League Moshpit Playlist in Season 01
- Unlock rewards as you conquer Season 01’s Battle Pass and level up your Prestige Rank
Check out more intel about all of the content coming to both games in the latest overview blog.
New Hero: Introducing Ramattra, the leader of Null Sector
- Disillusioned by dreams of peace and failed attempts to coexist with humanity, Ramattra will do anything to protect his fellow omnics—regardless of the cost
- Ramattra will join the tank lineup when Season 2 begins on December 6
Watch his Origin Story now to learn more about his harsh past and his quest for a better future.
Season 1 updates from Overwatch 2’s new Executive Producer
- Changes are coming to the rewards system in Season 2, bringing a skin to every event that you can earn by playing
- For Season 3 and beyond, the team is considering changes to the Battle Pass and adding more player-focused progression systems
- Ideas to fix the current longer tank and damage queue times are currently being iterated on, including reworks to make the support role more fun
Check out all of the Season 1 notes and news in the latest developer blog.
Deconstructing a cyber demon: Behind Genji’s Mythic skin
- To create Overwatch 2’s debut Mythic skin, the team had to push their artwork, animation, and special effects to extraordinary new levels
- Getting all of Cyber Demon Genji’s assets into the game required the team to build a whole new pipeline just for his extra customizations and additional tech
- Beyond the base customization, many of Genji’s emotes, highlight intros, and weapons have unique visual and sound effects
Read about the extensive work that went into building Cyber Demon Genji in this deep-dive with six members of the team behind the skin.
Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Jump into the overhauled PvP mode
With the release of the 0.9.4 beta patch, you can now battle it out against fellow players on iconic Warcraft maps. The latest update also introduces coin awards for leveling up, along with a new collectible Beast Leader: Old Murk-eye.
Learn more about the new Death Knight class
- Their Hero Power summons a 1/1 Ghoul with Charge that falls apart at the end of your turn
- Each friendly minion that dies leaves behind a Corpse that can be used to power up other cards
- Death Knights have three Runes—Blood, Frost, and Unholy—that dictate deck-building. Cards from each rune have different effects
Get a full overview of the new class mechanics and special deck-building rules in the Death Knight Deep Dive.