Win Prizes and Support Vets in the Call of Duty: Warzone In-Game Charity Race
In honor of placing 100,000 veterans into high-quality jobs, the Call of Duty Endowment is hosting the first-ever charity race inside of a video game. Support the Endowment by running within Call of Duty: Warzone from May 26 – June 3 when Activision will allocate $1 for every 10km run in-game as part of a $1 million total donation, and get the chance to earn in-game and out-of-game prizes for your efforts.
The Call of Duty Veteruns event begins May 26 and lasts through June 3. Here’s how it all works:
Overview and Rules
The rules are simple: run on foot inside Call of Duty: Warzone throughout the Call of Duty Veteruns event.
For every 10km run in-game between May 26 and June 3, Activision Blizzard will allocate $1 to the Endowment, up to $10 per player as part of a $1 million total donation towards placing the next 100,000 veterans into meaningful employment. That’s a lot of funding that will directly impact the lives of veterans in need of quality jobs.
Earn in-game Calling Cards for your efforts, with a rare bronze titled Calling Card awarded after running 25 km, epic silver after 50 km, and legendary gold at 100 km.
Track Your Progress with the Veteruns Report
Based on the Warzone report pioneered by the Twitter and Call of Duty team, get a personalized report of your event stats by tweeting @CallofDuty with your Activision ID and the hashtag #CODVeteruns100K. You’ll be sent your very own Call of Duty Veteruns Report detailing the total number of kilometers you’ve run in-game along with the funds allocated for the Endowment, which can be shared with your social network to encourage participation.
Top the Leaderboard, Win Prizes
Show off your dedication by earning a place on the Top 100 Call of Duty Veteruns Leaderboard. Opt in at www.callofduty.com/veteruns and get running to populate the leaderboard with your Activision ID and distance for all to see.
Spread the Word: Tag and Post
Use event hashtags #100KVeterans, #CODVeteruns and #CODVeteruns100K. On Twitter, these hashtags feature a custom emoji; tell your friends and followers so they can get in on the action too.
About the Call of Duty Endowment
The Call of Duty Endowment identifies and funds the most efficient and effective organizations that get unemployed veterans back to work. Beyond funding, the Endowment partners with grantees to provide an array of advice and support aimed at maximizing impact.
Since the nonprofit’s inception in 2009, the Endowment has risen to become one of the largest philanthropic funders of veteran employment. Visit www.callofdutyendowment.org for further details, including more ways to help the cause.
Make a Donation
Further your commitment to honoring vets this Military Appreciation Month by donating at www.callofduty.com/veteruns. Encourage others to donate by including a fundraising link on your stream and/or website.
Top 5 Tips for a Productive Run
5. Donate to the Cause. Encourage your network to join you and donate: www.callofduty.com/veteruns. Engage in the event and raise funds for the Endowment.
4. Double Time It. Get your Loadout Drop early and pick a class with Double Time in its Perk 1 slot. This will help you cover ground quickly by doubling the duration of your tactical sprint, an obvious boon to your task of traveling great distances over land.
3. Keep Moving, Camper! You won’t get much mileage sitting in a corner. Get out there and play aggressively. Navigate the edge of the circle, hoof it toward the next Contract, and when a squadmate pulls up in a vehicle, tell them no thanks, you’d rather run.
2. Steady Wins the Race. You’ve got just over a week to complete the charity race, so pace your time and take plenty of breaks. Remember, this is a fun event to support a charity! Check your progress by getting a Call of Duty Veteruns Report after a day or two.. And remember, even if you don’t make it all the way, you’re still supporting veterans and earning Calling Cards at the 25km and 50km marks.
1. Stream and Share. Players who run together, win together. Livestream your gameplay and share it across your preferred social media platforms. Encourage others to participate so you can motivate each other to stay on track toward 100 km.
Please enjoy yourself and take plenty of breaks. Remember, this is a fun event to support a charity!
Rise on every front.
© 2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS, CALL OF DUTY VANGUARD, CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, MODERN WARFARE and WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.
© 2022 The Call of Duty Endowment and Activision Publishing Inc. The Call of Duty Endowment logos are trademarks of the Call of Duty Endowment.