Tactical Map Intel: Talsik Backlot
Remastered and brought into 2020, this classic map is just the way veterans remembered. Check out your day one intel on Talsik Backlot.
Straight out of Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®, Talsik Backlot takes the classic Backlot design and remasters it for PC. While those who sank hours into the original will find their old strategies work just as well, some of the new mechanics within Modern Warfare allow newcomers to compete alongside these grizzled veterans.
Here’s our breakdown of Talsik Backlot, from East Street to West Street and everywhere in between:
Lay of the Land
The Kushaak construction company’s latest project is now idle in the middle of Urzikstan due to the growing conflict. Before the war, this vibrant urban community was in the middle of renovations, with its center getting a new multi-floor building.
When the world shifted, this Backlot was forcibly abandoned. During the evacuation, one building on the North side of town crumbled and caught fire, heightening the chaos in the region.
As a member of the Coalition or Allegiance, your objective is to secure the area before members of Al-Qatala claim it for their own. Talsik Backlot is a medium sized, building dense map with 20 named zones. Let’s break down some tips so that you can dominate in all of them.
General Tips to Master Talsik Backlot:
- Anything Goes! Whether you run-and-gun from door-to-door or look to the streets for sniping sightlines, Backlot suits a variety of playstyles. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different weapon classes to find what works for you.
- Lob City. With multiple windows, bombed-out sections of walls, and unfinished structures, learning when and where to lob grenades can potentially swing a game in your team’s favor. Learn the right angles for throwing equipment pieces across the map, and the other team might not know what hit them.
- No Hard Hats Here. The Construction Building is a popular spot for sharpshooters. Either take control of this area early, or wrestle it back by using CQB weapons on the first floor and well-timed grenades.
- Street Sweeper. All three streets – Main, East, and West – are relatively open areas where a true sharpshooter can wreak havoc. Avoid these as much as possible if you are using a CQB weapon or be ready to counter-snipe if you have the long-range firepower.
- Hardpoint and Headquarters: Don’t Overthink. With a ton of potential objective locations, learning exact rotations can be complicated. Caring less about rotations and opting for a more free-flow strategy may leave you better off, as you can adapt on the fly to wherever that next hill or HQ pops up.
We’ll see you online. Stay frosty.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.