World of Warcraft News and Development Updates
Welcome to the latest World of Warcraft news and update roundup. Read on to learn about everything from zone previews to the new dracthyr race and Evoker class in Dragonflight, Wrath of the Lich King Classic's launch date, player screenshots, and more.
Shadowlands News and Development
Shadowlands Season 4
Learn about all the changes coming to Shadowlands in Season 4, including new affixes for Mythic+ and Raids, a new PvP Season, rewards, and more in our article.
Gain the Winds of Wisdom 50% Experience Buff
It's a great time to return to World of Warcraft, level a new character, or prepare for Shadowlands Season 4 as the Winds of Wisdom buff blows into Azeroth. More details can be found in our article.
Shadowlands Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only):
- Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4
- Season 4 presents a unique opportunity for us to try some experimental changes. [Learn More]
Dragonflight News and Development
Dragonflight Preview: Get to Know the Dracthyr Evoker
Meet the new dracthyr race and learn more about the new Evoker class as we take you into who they are and what they are all about in our preview.
Dragonflight Zone Preview: The Forbidden Reach
Explores the Forbidden Reach, a broken and deserted landscape lost to the ravages of time. Learn more about this zone in our preview article.
Dragonflight Zone Preview: The Waking Shores
Make your way to the Waking Shores, a wild land teeming with elemental magic and starting zone for Dragonflight. Head over to our preview article to see what awaits.
Dragonriding and You: Ascending to New Heights of Skill
Master a new skill and learn how to make the most of your Dragon Isles Drakes in Dragonflight. More details are in our article.
Express Yourself with New Dracthyr Emojis!
Whether you're chatting with friends on Discord, Twitch, or social media, you can express yourself with the new dracthyr emojis for (nearly) every occasion—download them here.
Dragonflight Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only):
- Dragonflight alpha dev notes [Learn More]
WoW Classic News and Development
Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Arrives September 26
Embark on a treacherous journey through Northrend's wintry forests and snowy peaks when World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ goes live beginning September 26 at 3 pm PDT globally. Check out our article for more details.
Become a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
You stood boldly against the shadow and purchased another dawn for the world...with your life. The specter of death looms over the world again, and it is the hour of your dark rebirth. For more details on this class, read our article.
Learn the Art of Inscription in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
Scribes live and die by the pen, weaving words of power into parchment through sheer magic. Wrath of the Lich King Classic brings back the first iteration of a beloved profession—Inscription. Learn how to become a master scribe and get the most ink for your book from our detailed article.
The Battle for Wintergrasp in Wrath Classic
An iconic part of the original Wrath of the Lich King, the WoW Classic team shares some insights on the Battle for Wintergrasp development in Wrath Classic. Read more about our plans in our article.
Classic Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only):
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta dev notes [Learn More]
Season of Mastery: Enter the Dread Citadel Naxxramas
There are a few new surprises for Naxxramas. Gather 40 brave adventurers and venture into the unholy necropolis to take on the terrors within and reap the rewards. Find more details in our article.
Here are the latest hotfixes that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
Loading Screen Wallpaper
Share your screenshots on Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #WoWShare. We'll select some of our favorites to feature in upcoming articles and on the Warcraft social media accounts! Make sure your images are 1200x675 or larger.
Here are some of our favorites this week (click to enlarge):
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
- PvP Brawl: Shado-Pan Showdown
- Step into Tiger's Peak Arena and get ready for the Shado-Pan Showdown. You'll race for control of a center control point to activate one of two bosses. The first to kill the other team's boss wins!
- Weekly Bonus Event: Warlords of Draenor
- Prime your minds for an especially tangled chrono-spatial conundrum. Players can adventure into six Warlords of Draenor's dungeons to reap new rewards during this week's Bonus Event.
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
- Battleground Bonus Event
- While this event is active, random battlegrounds will award Honor at an increased rate. Glory awaits in the fields of battle!
- PvP Brawl: Warsong Scramble
- Warsong Gulch has always been the scene of an epic capture-the-flag battle, but what happens when you can capture your enemy's flag without your own at base? Or if there are multiple flags at each base? Find out when you step into this PvP Brawl!
Beginning the week of August 7:
- Darkmoon Faire
- Meet Silas Darkmoon and his troupe, play games that test mind and nerve, and behold exotic sights from the four corners of Azeroth…and beyond!
- Torghast: Chorus of Dead Souls
- Dead souls swarm within Torghast, Tower of the Damned!
- PvP Brawl: Cooking Impossible
- Nomi is hosting a Pandaren Chili Cookoff in the Valley of the Four Winds between the Alliance and the Horde! The first to bring Nomi all of the required ingredients wins.
- Shadowlands Dungeon Event
- While this event is active, the final boss of each Shadowlands dungeon awards an extra item when defeated.
Check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!