World of Warcraft News and Development Updates
In this week’s news roundup, the World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands 9.2.5 update is live and brings many new features, including Cross-faction instances, new blood elf and dark iron dwarf questlines, and several improvements to player and reporting that includes a new Social Contract.
Shadowlands News and Development
Log in Now—the Shadowlands 9.2.5 Content Update Is Live
The Shadowlands content update 9.2.5 is now live with a variety of features and experiences such as cross-faction instances, new questlines for blood elf and Dark Iron dwarf characters, a new PvP arena, and more!
Cross-Faction Instances Preview
Make frenemies of your enemies when you party with players from the opposing faction! As initially outlined in a previous post, cross-faction instances will break the faction divide by allowing friends from the opposite faction to play together. Learn more details about Cross-faction Instances in our article.
New Dark Ranger customizations are available for Night Elves, Void Elves, and Blood Elves upon completing the “Cleansing Lordaeron” questline, and Hunters will receive the Dark Ranger armor appearance. Log in now to complete the quest and give your characters a fresh appearance.
An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements
As a part of our ongoing efforts to foster a fun, fair, and safe game environment for our community, we implemented some improvements to the system with the 9.2.5 update. Read our article for more details on how we’re making a safe and supportive community for our players.
Shadowlands Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only)
- Read about the tuning adjustments that were made to Sepulcher of the First Ones in the Shadowlands 9.2.5 content update.
- Learn more about Class tuning and PvP adjustments in the Shadowlands 9.2.5 update.
Save Up to 30% on Select Game Services for A Limited Time
Experience life on the other side in World of Warcraft® with Faction Change Bundles. For a limited time, transfer your character or characters for less with the Paid Character Transfer service. Take advantage of this offer by clicking this link.
Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service is Retiring Soon
The World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade Classic™ Character Clone service will soon be cycled out of the Battle.net® Shop. The service will be on sale until its retirement. You’ll be able to get a Character Clone for up to 66% off to keep those characters active on both Burning Crusade Classic and WoW Classic Era realms. Read more details here.
Here are the latest hotfixes that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. Some of these hotfixes take effect the moment they are implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please remember that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
Arena World Championship
Tune in on June 4 at 10:00 a.m. PDT for the AWC Circuit Shadowlands Season 3 – Week 2 for more. The viewer’s guide contains all the details for where and when to watch the circuit.
In the meantime, keep the hype going by watching these content tidbits as Mehhx with Team Kungarna, Trill with Team Liquid, and Absterge with the Golden Guardians compete for their spots in the 2022 AWC Grand Finals:
Stay tuned as both teams compete in the 2022 AWC Grand Finals live on YouTube.com/Warcraft.
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
- PvP Brawl: Southshore vs. Tarren Mill
- This Brawl harkens back to the early days of WoW PvP, with an epic battle between the two towns of Tarren Mill and Southshore. In this game of war, you’ll need to work as a team and deplete your foes’ resources to claim victory.
- Weekly Bonus Event: World Quests
- Chart a course across the Shadowlands for this Week’s Bonus Event – World Quests. All week, open your map (default hotkey-“m”) and select any of the regions in Shadowlands to view the World Quests available to you.
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
- Darkmoon Faire
- Meet Silas Darkmoon and his troupe. Play games that test mind and nerve and behold exotic sights from the four corners of Azeroth…and beyond!
- Thousand Boat Bash
- The citizens of Azeroth need a break. Let’s go boating in Thousand Needles.
- Battleground Bonus Event
- While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at an increased rate. Glory awaits you in the fields of battle!
- PvP Brawl: Ashran Warfare
- Classic Ashran is an open-ended tug-of-war battleground with special events around the zone, including quests and events.
Beginning the Week of June 13:
- Torghast: Unbridled Darkness
- Unbridled darkness has been unleashed upon Torghast, Tower of the Damned!
- PvP: Packed House Warfare
- We’ve put more PvP in your PvP! In Packed House, there’s nowhere to hide as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle.
- Timewalking: Cataclysm
- Gather your staunchest allies and step into the Firelands raid dungeon to take on lord Ragnaros and his cohorts—and six dungeons from Deathwing’s era— during Cataclysm Timewalking.
Be sure to check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!