Burning Crusade Classic: Phase 3 is Now Live
The next content update for Burning Crusade Classic, The Black Temple is now available! Revisit the original Black Temple Trailer with Lead Cinematic Narrative Designer Terran Gregory and take on Illidan the Betrayer today!
Lead Cinematic Narrative Designer, Terran Gregory, takes us down memory lane to the original 2.1 patch trailer as the Black Temple makes its way to Burning Crusade Classic.
On the week of January 17:
Incubus Warlock Minion
Warlocks will be able to take part on a new quest to learn how to summon a variant Succubus minion—the Incubus.
A New PvP Season Begins
- At the start of this new PvP Season, Arena Season 3 gear will be available from Arena vendors in Shattrath and Nagrand.
- Arena Season 2 gear will be available at a discount from Area 52 vendors and will no longer require Arena rating to purchase.
- Arena Season 1 gear will be available from Honor vendors in the Hall of Legends in Orgrimmar and Champion's Hall in Stormwind.
On January 27:
New Raid: The Battle for Mount Hyjal
Preserve the outcome of the pivotal Battle for Mount Hyjal and ensure the demon Archimonde meets his fate.
Raid bosses: 5 (Rage Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde)
Location: Caverns of Time, Tanaris
Players must be attuned to enter the instance. Read about the attunement process below. Improve your standing with the Scale of the Sands to earn rewards from Indormi in the Caverns of time.
New Raid: The Black Temple
Defeat the Betrayer himself—Illidan Stormrage—atop the Black Temple.
Raid bosses: 9 (High Warlord Naj'entus, Supremus, Shade of Akama, Teron Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, Reliquary of Souls, Mother Shahraz, The Illidari Council, Illidan Stormrage)
Location: The Black Temple, Shadowmoon Valley
Players must be attuned to enter the instance. Read about the attunement process below. Improve your standing with the Ashtongue Deathsworn to earn rewards from Okuno inside the Black Temple.
- Epic gem Jewelcrating Designs will be available from Indormi in the Caverns of Time
- Epic gems can be obtained from Battle for Mount Hyjal through mining (requires 375 mining skill), and as rare drops from Black Temple
Netherwing daily quest hub
- Earn Netherwing reputation through daily quests in Shadowmoon Valley
- Collect Netherwing eggs to speed up reputation gains
- Epic Netherdrake mounts will be available to players that reach Exalted reputation (requires Artisan Riding skill)
Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep Loot
Bosses in those instances will drop one additional class set token for a total of 3
Complete the Battle for Mount Hyjal and Black Temple Attunements
Those who want to brave the two new raid instances must complete the required attunement quests first. The required quests must be completed once per character.
GAINING ENTRY TO HYJAL SUMMIT
To access the Battle for Mount Hyjal, you must first travel to the Caverns of Time in Tanaris and find Soridormi. Soridormi will offer the quest “The Vials of Eternity” to those who are at least Revered with the Keepers of Time. You can earn reputation with the Keepers of Time in the Old Hillsbrad Foothills and Black Morass dungeons in the Caverns of time.
Complete the quest "The Vials of Eternity" by defeating Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep and Lady Vashj in Serpentshine Cavern and you will be attuned to the Battle for Mount Hyjal raid.
GAINING ENTRY TO THE BLACK TEMPLE
To earn a chance to face Illidan Stormrage, travel to Shadowmoon Valley and seek out Anchorite Ceyla at the Altar of Sha'tar (for the Aldor) or Arcanist Thelis at the Sanctum of the Stars (for the Scryers). Complete the following quests:
- Tablets of Baa'ri
- Oronu the Elder
- The Ashtongue Corruptors
- The Warden's Cage
- Proof of Allegiance
- Seer Udalo
- A Mysterious Portent
- The Ata'mal Terrace
- Akama's Promises
- After completing "Akama's Promise", the quest chain continues inside the Serpentshrine Cavern raid instance in Coilfang Reservoir (Zangarmarsh). Look for Seer Olum after defeating Fathom-Lord Karathress to pick up the next quest.
- The Secret Compromised
- Ruse of the Ashtongue
- An Artifact From the Past
- “An Artifact From the Past” requires entry into the Battle for Mount Hyjal raid. The attunement quest for that raid must be completed in order to gain entry to the Black Temple.
- The Hostage Soul
- Entry into the Black Temple
- A Distraction for Akama
Completing "A Distraction for Akama" will award you the Medallion of Karabor, which allows its wearer entry into the Black Temple.
The Betrayer awaits those foolish enough to face him. You are not prepared. . . .