Celebrate 20 Years of StarCraft on Twitch
StarCraft officially turns 20 this March and we’re throwing a month-long party!
As part of the festivities, which officially begin today (March 6), players from across the Koprulu Sector can earn commemorative SC20 Twitch Drops by simply tuning into their favorite StarCraft streams. Whether it’s watching StarCraft, StarCraft: Remastered, or StarCraft II for a chance to earn random drops or completing different missions to earn exclusive guaranteed drops, there are plenty of ways to join the celebration.
IMPORTANT: To be eligible to receive SC20 Twitch Drops, you must first link your preferred Blizzard account to your preferred Twitch account. Visit the Twitch Connections page to log in and complete the link now. If you are a Twitch streamer and want your channel to be eligible to provide SC20 Twitch Drops, the same requirement applies.
Bob Toss Bundle:
Show off your artistic side in StarCraft II with a Bob Toss item bundle featuring an exclusive Portrait, Spray, and Emoji. Earn these items by watching any StarCraft, StarCraft: Remastered, or StarCraft II steam on Twitch for two cumulative hours from March 6 to April 6.
StarCraft II Console Skin:
Celebrate SC20 with a flashy new console skin for StarCraft II! Earn this exclusive item by watching the StarCraft Anniversary Livestream—featuring some of our favorite community personalities (past and present)—on Twitch for two cumulative hours on March 30 & 31.
In addition to these opportunities, viewers will also have a chance to earn random drops for StarCraft II throughout the month of March. Different drops will be available during different weeks and across different channels—check out the full list of random drops below and mark your calendars!
Watch any Twitch channel streaming StarCraft, StarCraft: Remastered, or StarCraft II beginning March 6 for a chance to earn a random StarCraft II announcer or Co-op Commander drop. Each week, a new collection of announcers and Co-op Commanders will be available as random drops, so be sure to tune in regularly.
- WEEK 1 (6/3 – 12)/3: Commander: Karax, Announcer: Raynor, Announcer: Swann
- WEEK 2 (13/3 – 19/3): Commander: Vorazun, Announcer: Abathur, Announcer: Kerrigan
- WEEK 3 (20/3 – 26/3): Commander: Swann, Announcer: Alarak, Announcer: Artanis
- WEEK 4 [5X Bonus*] (27/3 – 6/4): Commander: Zagara + all previous Announcers from Weeks 1-3
When: March 6 – April 6, 2018 (see list for exact dates)
Where: Any Twitch channel streaming StarCraft, StarCraft: Remastered, or StarCraft II
*[UPDATE] For the final week, we’re increasing the drop rate by five times.
SC20 ACHIEVEMENT HUNT DROPS:
Join select Twitch broadcasters as they hunt down the most terrifying prey in the star system: StarCraft II campaign achievements! Watch participating channels for a chance to earn a random Terran, Protoss, or Zerg War Chest BlizzCon 2017 Skin Bundle in StarCraft II. Here is the information on the eight participants:
When: March 12 – April 6, 2018
- Destiny – https://www.twitch.tv/destiny
- MsSpyte – https://www.twitch.tv/msspyte
- Catz – https://www.twitch.tv/rootcatz
- UpaTreeZelda – https://www.twitch.tv/upatreezelda
- IncontroL – https://www.twitch.tv/incontroltv
- Nathanias – https://www.twitch.tv/nathanias
- Wintergaming – https://www.twitch.tv/wintergaming
- Neuro – https://www.twitch.tv/neuro
There will also be more Twitch Rivals content to watch this month, including FFA and the traditional 1v1 competitive modes, with the first FFA starting Monday 12 at 19:00 CET. All 1v1 and FFA action will be streamed on http://twitch.tv/TwitchRivals, and the players will be streaming their gameplay on their personal channels as well! Here is the list of the confirmed EU participants:
- TLO – https://www.twitch.tv/liquidtlo
- White-Ra – https://www.twitch.tv/whitera
- Stephano – https://www.twitch.tv/mdstephano
- Beastyqt – https://www.twitch.tv/Beastyqt
- DeMusliM – https://www.twitch.tv/demuslim
- MaNa – https://www.twitch.tv/liquidmana
- Harstem – https://www.twitch.tv/harstem
- Ret – https://www.twitch.tv/liquidret
Check out the schedule for the remaining broadcasts:
- March 12th - FFA Bounty Brawl EU @ 19:00 CET (Monday)
- March 16th - FFA Bounty Brawl NA @ 23:00 CET (Friday)
- March 18th - StarCraft: Remastered Showdown @ 20:00 CET (Sunday)
- March 20th - FFA Bounty Brawl EU @ 19:00 CET (Tuesday)
- March 22nd - StarCraft 2 Showdown @ 20:00 CET (Thursday)
- March 24th - FFA Bounty Brawl EU @ 19:00 CET (Saturday)
- March 25th - FFA Bounty Brawl NA @ 21:00 CEST (Sunday)
- March 29th - FFA Bounty Brawl NA @ 23:59 CEST (Thursday)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How do I link my Blizzard and Twitch accounts?
Before linking your accounts, check to see that you’re not logged into any other Blizzard accounts in the same browser, as this could cause complications. For the best results, complete the process in "private browsing" or "incognito" mode.
Q. I’m a Twitch broadcaster. Do I also need to link my Blizzard and Twitch accounts to participate in SC20 Twitch Drops?
A. Yes. In order for your Twitch channel to eligible to distribute SC20 Twitch Drops, it must be linked to a Blizzard account. You must also make sure you’re opted in to Twitch Drops in your dashboard settings.
Q. How can I tell which Blizzard account is linked to my Twitch account?
A. You can see which Blizzard account is linked to your Twitch account on Twitch connections page.
Q. Do I need to do anything beyond linking my Blizzard and Twitch accounts to be eligible for SC20 Twitch Drops?
A. When the criteria for an SC20 Twitch Drop has been met (for example, watching two cumulative hours of StarCraft, StarCraft: Remastered, or StarCraft II streams while logged into a Twitch account that is linked to your Blizzard account), you must simply be logged in to Twitch at the time. For random SC20 Twitch drops, you must also be watching at the time the drop occurs.
IMPORTANT: Some browser plug-ins can block Twitch from registering your presence on the platform. To make sure you're eligible for SC20 Twitch Drops, we recommended that you temporarily disable your plug-ins when watching participating streams. Neither Blizzard nor Twitch can provide support for issues caused by incompatible browser plug-ins.
Q. How can I tell if I’ve received an SC20 Twitch Drop?
A. If you receive an SC20 Twitch Drop, you will receive a notification on Twitch indicating which drop you’ve earned. The item (or items) will then be available in-game in the preferred gameplay region you selected when linking your Blizzard and Twitch accounts.
Q. Are there any restrictions on who can receive an SC20 Twitch Drop?
A. Yes. Some additional terms and conditions apply. Click here to learn more.
For more information on Twitch Drops, visit the Twitch Help Center.