Hearthstone Grandmasters 2021 Season 1 is Here!
Hearthstone Grandmasters returns for the first season of 2021! Season 1 will run every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday beginning April 9 through April 25, with a break for Masters Tour Orgrimmar before picking back up for the final stretch from May 7 – June 6. Ten competitors have been promoted to Season 1, where they will join the rest of the Grandmasters in seven weekly tournaments to earn points toward a shot at an invite to the World Championship while avoiding Relegation. Here’s everything you need to know to keep up with this season’s Grandmasters action!
- Venue: YouTube Gaming
- Dates: Friday, Saturday, Sunday: April 9 – April 25 and May 7 – June 6, 2021
- Broadcast Start Time:
- ASIA-PACIFIC: 2 a.m. PDT / 11 a.m. CEST / 6 p.m. KST
- EUROPE: 7:00 a.m. PDT / 4:00 p.m. CEST / 11:00 p.m. KST
- AMERICAS: 12 p.m. PDT / 9 p.m. CEST / 4 a.m. KST
- Casters: TJ “Azumoqt” Sanders, Darroch “Darroch” Brown, Dan “Frodan” Chou, Jia “Jia” Dee, Neil “Lorinda” Bond, Alex “Raven” Baguley, and Simon “Sottle” Welch
- Prize Pool: Global prizing of $486,000 (USD), split between $64,500 (USD) each tournament for Weeks 1 through 7, and $34,500 (USD) for the playoffs
- Language Streams on YouTube:
During weeks 1-7, players will compete in a Weekly Dual Tournament format, starting each Thursday, to earn placement in the weekend Top 8 Stage. Players will receive points based on total number of wins each week, which will determine final standings before Playoffs.
- All 16 players in each region will compete against each other off-broadcast in Dual Tournament Group play on Thursday.
- Group play will be randomized each week. With only 15 players in Americas, one player will randomly receive a Bye in their first Thursday match. No player can receive the Bye more than once.
- On Friday, the 4 Decider Matches will be played to determine who joins the Top 8 per region, live on YouTube.
- The Top 8 players compete in a single-elimination tournament on Saturday, with the Top 4 advancing to Sunday.
- Gameplay format changes every other week:
- Week 1: Conquest
- Week 2: Conquest
- Week 3: Specialist
- Week 4: Specialist
- Week 5: Last Hero Standing
- Week 6: Last Hero Standing
- Week 7: Conquest
- Playoffs: Conquest
You can earn up to 6 total packs as you watch Grandmasters throughout Season 1! On any of the above YouTube channels, watch two total hours to receive one pack and two more hours for your second. Time watched is cumulative within each of the three reward blocks, so even if you can’t watch for the full four hours in one sitting your time will still count toward earning the Drops.
- Grandmasters Week 1: Year of the Phoenix (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Weeks 2 - 7: Year of the Phoenix (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Playoffs: Forged in the Barrens (max 2 packs)
Connecting Your Accounts
Before you can receive rewards, you’ll need to link your YouTube and Blizzard Battle.net accounts. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on YouTube.
- Navigate to Account Sharing under “Connected Apps” in Settings.
- Select “Connect” next to Battle.net.
- Follow the simple prompts to finish connecting accounts.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your Drops.
- Click here for a full set of official rules for Hearthstone Grandmasters 2021 Season 1 YouTube Drops.