Hearthstone Update 10.2 - February 6 - Ranked Play Update
The tavern is buzzing with all the stuff that’s packed into this Hearthstone update! There’s a Ranked Play update, a Wild party, card changes, and a chance to save on packs with a new Mammoth Card Bundle! We managed to squeeze in some card backs and bug fixes too!
Whew! Read on for details!
- Ranked Play Update – This Hearthstone update brings changes to Ranked Play, starting March 1st. Read the Ranked Play Updates blog for details!
- Your reset will not be based on the stars you earned over the season. Instead, you’ll reset to four ranks below the highest rank you achieved during the season.
- Players at Legend reset to rank 4, 0 stars.
- All ranks will have 5 stars.
- Starting in March, you will no longer earn the monthly card back by reaching Rank 20. Instead, you can earn each season’s card back by winning 5 games in Ranked Standard or Wild at any rank.
- Card Changes – Please read the Upcoming Balance Changes blog on the official Hearthstone site for full details regarding the reasons and philosophy behind these changes.
- Corridor Creeper – Now has 2 attack, down from 5.
- Patches the Pirate – No longer has Charge.
- Raza the Chained – Now reduces your Hero Power cost to 1 instead of 0.
- Bonemare – Now costs 8 mana, up from 7.
- From February 19th through March 11th join us for a Wild party! Read the Wildfest blog for details!
- Wild cards return to the Arena for the duration of Wildfest.
- Venture into the Wild – A Tavern Brawl celebrating Wild with pre-built decks.
- The Wild Brawliseum – A special Tavern Brawl where you’ll build and lock-in a Wild deck, and then see if you can take it to twelve wins versus other players! Three losses and your run comes to an end.
- Your first Brawliseum run is free!
- Additional runs are available for the same price as Arena tickets. Also like the Arena, prizes are based on number of wins, and follow the Arena reward structure.
- Year of the Mammoth Bundle
- For a limited time, purchase 10 packs each of Journey to Un’goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, and Kobolds & Catacombs—a total of 30 packs!—for a special price.
- Added the following card backs:
- Sparkles - Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, February 2018.
- Year of the Mammoth – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, March 2018.
- The turn timer for the first two turns of a match are now shorter, though they should still be significantly longer than most players take on those turns.
- Switching from Valeera the Hollow to Deathstalker Rexxar will now correctly allow Rexxar’s Battlecry to destroy minions buffed to 2 health by Stormwind Champion or similar effects.
- Nemsy Necrofizzle’s Hero frame is now golden if you have unlocked the golden Warlock Hero.
- Removed rarity gems from several summoned minions.
- Playing multiple copies of Temporus in a row will now queue up sequences of two turns for your opponent and two turns for you.
- Fixed a bug where the Divine Shield provided by Elixir of Purity could not be silenced.
- Spectators now see green highlights on playable cards for both players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Hearthstone to freeze when a spectated player disconnects and their opponent concedes.
- Tooltips for Hero Cards now appear correctly when spectating.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when drawing a Darkness Candle spell after The Darkness is no longer dormant.
- Grand Archivist can now correctly cast the Darkness Candle spell if it is present in a player’s deck.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when certain cost reducing cards were played.
- Resolved an unintended interaction that could occur with Anomalus, Taunt minions, and Commanding Shout.
- Added missing Collection Manager tooltips to several cards.
- Resolved an issue that could cause a player to become stuck when reconnecting before the first turn.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the progress notification for more than one Daily Quest from being shown after a match is complete.
- Ice Breaker now correctly destroys Rotface without activating his effect if he is Frozen.
- Resolved interface issues that could arise when retiring an Arena game.
- Resolved an issue that would allow the Friends menu to remain active while a Friendly Challenge is active.
- Fixed various minor visual and text issues.
Dungeon Run & Adventures
- The cards that appear in several loot categories have been adjusted slightly.
- Cards stolen by Gloves of Mugging now appear in history tile when played by an opponent.
- Resolved a visual issue with Candlebeard’s charge enchantment banner.
- [Adventures] Atramedes now correctly uses his Hero Power whenever he should.
- Resolved an issue with the Collection Manager that could allow the set filter to be interacted with behind the “Done” button.
- Scrolling through an Arena deck on a mobile device will no longer generate unnecessary prompts.
- The “Back” button will now function correctly after an Arena run is complete.
- History tiles that were queueing up while viewing a history event now populate correctly.
- Resolved an issue that could cause crafted cards to remain visible over the Collection Manager.
- Corrected a visual issue with the search bar in the Collection Manager.
- [Android] Resolved an issue with the download progress indicator.
- [iOS] Compatibility now requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- [iOS] The client will no longer sometimes freeze when a spectated player wins a match.