Diablo Immortal Content Update: Dare to Conquer the Fractured Plane
Hail be thou, Adventurers.
We are back with another Content Update offered up from the planes of Hell themselves! Previously, you walked the Adventurer’s Path, embarked on a Hero’s Journey, and began your transformation into an Aspect of Justice with the Season Three Battle Pass.
There will be some server maintenance starting on August 16, from 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. PDT for Oceania, China, East Asia, and Southeast Asia Servers and also on August 17, from 1:00 a.m.–3:00 a.m. PDT for servers in the Americas and Europe. After the maintenance has concluded all items mentioned below will be live—specific dates for anything going live afterward are provided below.
A trip into the Fractured Plane, the new Echo of the Immortal repeatable game mode, 36 new Legendary class items, and many more exciting additions to Diablo Immortal await!
Fractured Plane Limited Time-Event
Into the Dark Wood Limited-Time Event
Spawn of Damnation Cosmetic Set
Fractured Plane Limited Time-Event
In a place like Sanctuary, even those with the utmost mental fortitude can find themselves lost to the unrelenting darkness spread by the Burning Hells. Broken. Shattered. Trapped in the deepest recesses of their mind—entering the Fractured Plane is the only way forward.
The Fractured Plane is a new limited-time event where players enter an unexplored realm of their existence. A 15-floor gauntlet, inhabited by the fiercest minions the Hells can throw your way awaits. Your journey in the Fractured Plane begins without your usual gear, gems, and skills. Instead, you will be provided with a set of pre-selected skills for your class. To advance, you must rely solely on your wits, unstable gear you find, and the Chaos Coins you receive from progressing through hordes of demons. Best of all, only unstable gear of Legendary rarity will drop in the Fractured Plane, and items you receive will complement the skills you begin with, equipping you with the ability to make, and tweak, your build on the fly. When your journey in the Fractured Plane is over, all the unstable gear you’ve collected will vanish.
The Chaos Coins you earn will also come to your aid—spent at the Chaos Broker, you can exchange Chaos Coins for new items or Shards of Fortune. These shards will increase your Fortune Rating, providing a greater chance of receiving higher-quality Legendary items from chests on each floor. If you’re resourceful enough to make it to the fifteenth floor without dying more than five times, you’ll receive a reward. Out of all the Legendary items you’ve encountered during your run, select six, and out of those six, you will be rewarded one at random for you to carry out of the Fractured Plane.
Developer’s Note: The Fractured Plane limited-time event was created to invite players to try new skills and Legendary items that they might not typically use, while offering a nuanced, but challenging, way to play Immortal. We wanted to provide players with an opportunity to start from scratch to see how well they can play their class no matter the circumstances.
Echo of the Immortal
Whispers of an impending clash between the guileful Shadows and the exemplary Immortal have flooded Westmarch. From back-alley conversations, to passing exchanges across Rakkis Plaza, the known might of the Immortal echoes throughout the city, but can the Shadows usurp power? From August 17 at 3:00 a.m.–September 14 at 3:00 a.m. server time, Echo of the Immortal—a limited-time, repeatable game mode, will be available for players who are at least Level 40 to showcase their PvP prowess in a Challenge of the Immortal-style battle.
In Echo of the Immortal, 15 players will face-off against one randomly chosen player who is imbued with the power of the Immortal. If the group of players are victorious in besting the Immortal, the match becomes a free-for-all—only the best-of-the-best will claim the reward and bragging rights! To try your hand at Echo of the Immortal, speak to the Battleground Captain in Westmarch.
Into the Dark Wood Limited-Time Event
There are few in Sanctuary capable enough to stand against the darkness and wager their life for the defenseless. But you, adventurer, have consigned your days to thinning out the ranks of the Burning Hells, ushering in safety where all hope was once lost. The downtrodden look up to you, and to continue serving them, you must travel into the unknown, Into the Dark Wood.
From August 17 at 3:00 a.m.–August 31 at 3:00 a.m. server time, as you complete daily Into the Dark Wood tasks, you’ll receive various types of rewards for your heroics. Racking up enough completed tasks will also unlock milestone rewards for you, such as the festive Wreath of Blood Portrait Frame.
The moon's insatiable hunger persists, and it demands more blood. . . perhaps even yours! Gaze upon the moon—bask in its hallowed glow, heed its howl for sustenance, and lunar-laced blessings you shall be bestowed. Fulfilling the moon’s demands will earn you Moonslivers, which can be traded for Blessings. After acquiring seven Blessings you will have curried enough goodwill with the moon to trade these in for a random reward. Offer enough blessings to the moon and it will even present you with its favor!
We welcome brave adventurers to lend their hand in satiating the moon’s hunger from August 26, 3:00 a.m.–August 29, 3:00 a.m. server time.
Spawn of Damnation Cosmetic Set
Ancient tomes inscribed by the Horadric Order suggest armor can be forged from the flesh of demons. While assumed to be wholly protective and sturdy, there is uncertainty around the effect this might have on the wearer’s mind. Will they too become another mindless Spawn of Damnation?
It may not trick the demons of the Burning Hells, but this diabolical panoply still sends a message: their timely demise draws near. If you’d like to don demonskin before your next skirmish, the Spawn of Damnation Cosmetic Set can be purchased from the in-game shop.
Looking for the newest round of hotfixes and bug fixes implemented for Diablo Immortal? Check here for all-platform fixes and our known issues blog for PC-specific fixes.
Thank you for keeping Sanctuary safe!
-The Diablo Immortal Team
Multiplayer Requirement in High Hell Difficulties Improvement
- You can now enter a Dungeon or Hidden Lair in Hell Two or higher difficulties with two, three, or four players. The Dungeon’s intensity will remain tuned for four players.
- Completing a Dungeon or Hidden Lair with four players will provide you with a bonus chest.
Developer’s Note: We’ve received feedback that players find the current four-player requirement to be too restrictive. While we want Dungeons to be inherently social experiences, we also want them to be accessible and challenging, hence lowering the requirement to a minimum of two players. In Immortal, we want to ensure that adding more players to a particular gameplay activity is always seen as a benefit to those involved. By setting the difficulty of these Dungeons to always be tuned for four players, having a friend join, regardless of their power level, supplements our design philosophy.
- The Codex step of needing to start a Warband Camp has been changed to be—join a Warband.
- The Hero’s Journey step to submit 10 Warband Chests has been removed.
Developer’s Note: As we plan for the future of Warbands, we want to ensure players who opt out of the feature don't see them as a major obstacle to their progression. We want to have light steps that are easy to complete rather than difficult steps that can become roadblocks. In the future, we plan to create Warband content that provides fun and rewarding experiences as incentives for playing with a small group of friends.
Class Change Improvement
- You can now essence transfer onto Reservist Gear after changing your class.
Vault of the Immortal
- The Raid the Vault event window has been shortened from two hours to one.
Treasure Goblin Improvement
- Treasure Goblins now have a chance to drop Legendary items. They will also provide more loot in general when defeated.
Thirty-Six New Legendary Items
A new slate of menacing weapons and fortified armors have been added in today's content update. Many of the Legendary powers are centered around crowd control effects. Each class has received six items, adding even more Legendary affixes to hunt down and shake up your builds with.
- Armor Caste (Chest): Furious Charge creates shock waves when colliding with walls, dealing X damage to nearby enemies and Stunning them for Y seconds.
- Grinning Effigy (Head): Taking damage during Undying Rage now triggers a counterattack for X damage to all nearby enemies. Cannot occur more often than once every Y seconds.
- Haughty Behemoth (Pants): Leap now knocks enemies into the air when you land.
- The Hewer (Main Hand): Grab now causes you to charge forward and grab the first enemy you hit. If you successfully grab an enemy, you will carry them for a short distance, damaging enemies you run though, before leaping into the air and slamming them into the ground, damaging and Slowing nearby enemies.
- Steel Lamprey (Off-Hand): Chained Spear now marks enemies for X seconds and heals you for Y% of the damage it causes to marked enemies.
- Wreckfall (Shoulders): Whirlwind also reduces all damage you take by X% while channeling.
- Batterhythm (Off-Hand): Condemn damage increased by X% for every enemy hit, up to a maximum of Y% increased damage.
- Flare-to-Mirror (Pants): Draw and Quarter is now electrified, damaging random nearby enemies and Stunning them if they are shocked three times.
- Hard Censure (Chest): Condemn now calls down a thunderbolt from the heavens to a targeted location, dealing continuous damage.
- Shining Aster (Shoulders): Increases all damage you deal during Conjuration of Light by X%.
- Suspended Rule (Main Hand): Sweep Attack now throws the flail, forming a cyclone that picks up nearby enemies and carries them away.
- Zerratus Husk (Head): Shield Charge now grants you a holy shield while charging that reflects projectiles back at enemies, dealing X damage.
- Demon Hunter
- Clutching Nails (Pants): Knife Trap now confines nearby enemies when triggered and increases all damage you deal to them.
- Decisive Report (Shoulders): Multishot now knocks enemies away. This cannot affect players more often than one time every six seconds.
- Scatter Mask (Head): Activating Vengeance now immediately deals X damage to all nearby enemies and causes them to flee in Fear for Y seconds.
- Spreading Shroud (Chest): Smoke Screen now throws a smoke bomb at a targeted location, dealing continuous damage and greatly reducing vision for enemies that remain in the area.
- The Thud (Off-Hand): Impale damage increased by X% to enemies with an active harmful effect.
- War Generosity (Main Hand): Every X attacks with Explosive Arrow generates an explosion that knocks the enemy away. Players cannot be knocked away more often than 1 time every Y seconds.
- Assemble the Wicked Tonfa (Off-Hand): Exploding Palm now gathers nearby enemies into a cluster directly in front of you. Maximum one charge.
- Fleeting Soul Tonfa (Main Hand): Mystic Allies now summons one spirit ally that rushes in a direction, dealing damage to all enemies it passes through and forcing all nearby enemies to attack it.
- Fusing Crown (Head): Mystic Allies now protect you, taking X% of your incoming damage.
- Pacific Pledge (Chest): Taking damage during Shield of Zen has a chance to trigger a counterattack dealing X damage to all nearby enemies.
- Shimmerlinn (Shoulders): Wave of Light now releases a wave of energy that damages all enemies in its path and Burns them.
- Tottering Tower (Pants): Flying Kick now Stuns enemies and can be charged to unleash a more powerful blow.
- Abnegation (Shoulders): Bone Spikes now also knocks enemies away.
- Drifter’s Fare (Off-Hand): Bone Spirits now unleashes a powerful skull that wanders randomly through nearby enemies, dealing damage as it passes through them. Maximum X charges.
- Empty Pit (Pants): Dark Curse now summons a cursed eye that forces nearby monsters to attack it.
- Ethereal Boundary (Chest): Activating Wraith Form removes all effects which cause loss of control or decrease Movement Speed.
- Inseverable Two (Head): Your golem from Command Golem now takes X% of your incoming damage.
- Thrash Jaw (Main Hand): Grim Scythe now hurls the scythe in a direction, striking enemies in its path with continuous damage and knocking them away. Grim Scythe can no longer have multiple charges.
- Extraction Harness (Shoulders): Teleport now also removes the last harmful effect applied to you.
- Fragments Upon Fragments (Pants): Meteor now drops several meteorites in a direction, knocking enemies away and Stunning them.
- Halestone (Off-Hand): Ice Armor now protects you with X charges of damage immunity that also Chills nearby enemies when they attack you.
- Quiet Downpour (Chest): Lightning Nova now launches a giant nova, bursting into smaller novae when activated again or when it arrives at its final destination.
- Shiversent Stare (Head): Ray of Frost now Freezes enemies for X seconds after taking damage from the ray six times.
- Staggernick (Main Hand): Arcane Wind now knocks enemies up into the air with an updraft and Stuns them, but no longer charges up.