Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Himmelmatt Expo Map Intel
Operation Himmelmatt Expo
Day 111, 11:37
Factions Deployed: SpecGru / KorTac
Get your winter jacket and prepare to deploy to the Himmelmatt Expo, an idyllic company retreat nestled in the Swiss Alps. Attendees for the upcoming Oil & Gas Summit 2023 will have to delay their arrival, however, as combat breaks out on the site between SpecGru and KorTac forces.
This new 6v6 Multiplayer map launches on March 15 alongside Season 02 Reloaded in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II. On this medium- to large-sized Multiplayer map, Operators will navigate through the main event center and its neighboring amenities, which include the Pool, Sauna, and an upscale Restaurant. Catch breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains while booking it across the snowy streets; then get back to the task at hand and secure victory.
Spawn Point: KorTac
KorTac Spawn Zone (South) — Roundabout
KorTac forces spawn on the southern tip of the map, facing the event center, where they will see its welcome messages in various languages. Operators have several options from this area: Rush straight through the double-door entrances leading into the Lobby — where they can then head to the Lounge, Terrace, or Conference Room — take the double-door entrance leading into the Lounge, or stay outdoors, wrapping around the main building toward the Pool and Sauna.
Aggressive Operators may prefer starting in the Lobby, which offers greater concealment for tracking down enemy players. Want to start the match in a defensive position instead? Head for the Lounge and check for enemies crossing near the Pool and taking up position in the opposite Restaurant.
Also, take caution when moving through the Sauna; though it makes for a strong flanking path, you’re at a height disadvantage from several angles, so always be aware of your position.
Spawn Point: SpecGru
SpecGru Spawn Zone (North) — Street
Spawning in at the top of the map, SpecGru Operators can turn immediately into the North Hall or continue down the Roundabout toward the Pool, Restaurant, and Sauna.
The North Hall entrance leads directly to the Conference Room or the Terrace, where there are bound to be enemies arriving in from the Lobby. Operators with long-ranged Loadouts may prefer to stay outside, picking off enemies stationed in the Lounge from a distance or cutting off Operators attempting to move through the Sauna.
Situated directly across the Lounge, the Restaurant’s upper story makes for another defensive position worth utilizing even with its apparent risks.
Map Maneuvers: Route Planning
Himmelmatt Expo consists of four major areas, outside of the spawn zones:
- Event Center
- Main Roads
- Pool & Sauna
The Congress Hall event center occupies nearly half of the map, as it houses reception services, a Conference Room, the Lounge, and a Terrace. The structure is composed of two levels: the main floor that runs from the reception desks on either side of the building and through the Terrace, and the lower floor leading to the Conference Room.
There are two areas worth highlighting: the Conference Room’s Backstage and the Lounge. Backstage is accessible from the Lobby through a quick trip on the stairs or dropping down the elevator shaft. This is also a fast route to the Conference Room — a high-value location in several objective modes.
The Lounge provides a great view of the outer pool area, though its floor-to-ceiling windows make Operators inside clearly visible. Also, it’s possible to climb up into the Lounge from the Pool, a point worth keeping in mind whether you’re attacking or defending the area.
The Main Roads lead to the event center’s top and bottom entrances, with parked vehicles scattered throughout. From the southern Roundabout, one can see over the Sauna and up toward the Restaurant, while Operators in the north Street enjoy a similar view over the Sauna and against enemies emerging from the Pool.
Use the various trucks and vehicles here for cover as needed and be sure to race inside if you get notified of an incoming enemy streak.
While tiny compared to the Event Center, the Restaurant occupies an important position on the map, with several game modes positioning their objectives at or near the building.
The bottom floor consists of the bar, a small room with only the double doors leading into it and the staircase winding up to the second story.
While there’s more room to move around upstairs, it’ll still be a tight skirmish against any enemies you run into. Don’t miss the turn leading to the outside seating area, where Operators can get a view into the Lounge and over the Pool and Sauna.
Pool & Sauna
Yes, you can swim in the Pool, thereby conducting an amphibious assault by emerging and climbing up into the Lounge.
The Sauna offers a somewhat safer route when traveling outdoors, considering its position to the side of the map and the squat buildings providing solid cover. If you have to get through the Pool area, use your Tactical Sprint to get through fast; otherwise, you risk becoming a sitting duck on a cold winter day.
Explore at Your Leisure
The Himmelmatt Expo has a lot to offer, but don’t feel like you have to take it all in on the first visit.
When first learning the ropes here, spend a match in the event center, exploring its twisting passages and the layout of its various rooms; then focus on dominating from outside, where you’ll discover new sightlines and learn to make the most out of the available cover.
Soon you’ll combine your knowledge of both and enjoy complete mastery over the map.
Once you’ve got a handle on the map, consider equipping the Tactical Insertion Field Upgrade. Being able to determine where you’ll respawn next can be a huge boon in the match, and the Himmelmatt Expo has plenty of nooks and crannies where the item can be dropped.
Pair it with the Overclock Ultimate Perk if you really want to get active about choosing your respawn locations, allowing greater control over the flow of the match.
Do the Sauna Hop
Looking for a new angle? Try climbing atop one of the saunas for a greater view of the map’s center. Once you learn where to look for potential threats, it becomes a powerful position.
You can even jump from sauna to sauna to keep the enemy guessing. When things get dicey, simply drop down, use the buildings for cover, and move on.
Listen for Those Cues
While the event center and Restaurant offer great protection against enemy aerial streaks, you’re under clear skies when outside. Keep your ears open for warnings of incoming enemy streaks and get to cover to avoid attacks directed at your location.
You can also bring a Launcher, blasting enemy streaks before they become too much of a threat.
A well-placed Smoke Grenade or other smoky Field Upgrade or Equipment piece can cause a lot of confusion here, whether deployed as a distraction near the Pool or within one of the event center’s main rooms.
When facing enemies out of range, toss the Smoke Grenade toward their position, cutting out their line of sight so you can safely get by. Time the smoke with an activation of Dead Silence to reduce their chances of pinpointing your location.
As a larger map, the Himmelmatt Expo can become an arms race between Operators who employ scouting tools like Tactical Cameras, Recon Drones, and Spotter Scopes. These are all great items, but they fall victim to the Cold-Blooded Perk, which will help you maintain a low profile whenever you start running up against these kinds of defenses.
If you start to notice them — especially when using the Spotter Perk — consider switching to a Perk Package with Cold-Blooded as a countermeasure.
Objective Routes and Rotations
Mode Intel: Domination
Standing in the Lounge, the A flag is open to attack both from inside the event center and out toward the Pool where enemies can climb up into the Lounge or attack from the upper level of the Restaurant. Stick by the wine display in the café when capturing the flag to avoid taking shots from enemies outside. Watch the windows as well as the northwest corner of the room, where a discreet black door leads to a small staircase into the room.
Head down to the Conference Room to capture the B flag, sitting in a seemingly secluded area. With many different access points to the room, however, it’s a difficult task to determine where the next enemy may appear. Note the windows in the upper hall overlooking the Conference Room; this makes for a great ambush point against enemies who fail to take cover while capturing the flag.
The C flag is positioned outside, located at the top of the map between the Tourist Office and the Media Tent. Expect attacks from the Sauna and the Street behind the flag and keep an eye on that North Hall VIP entrance. Note that this flag is open to aerial streaks, so watch your head.
Mode Intel: Search & Destroy
In this one-life mode, the attacking team begins at the south entrance while the defenders start in the north. The A Bomb Site is positioned outside up north by the Tourist Office (in a similar location to the Domination C flag), while the B Bomb Site sits in the event center’s Conference Room.
The B Bomb Site is more quickly accessible to the attacking team, though the Conference Room presents plenty of dangers in its small play space surrounded by various entry points. Watch the upper window and the back wall for defenders rushing in from the North Hall entrance. You might instead send your bomb carrier through the Sauna to the A Bomb Site where the battle is less confined. This is a good move in the opening rounds before Operators have had a chance to build up streaks.
The defending team is about equidistant from both bomb sites, so it might make sense to split up the team. Even sending just one or two teammates to the outer A Bomb Site is well worth it, as they can more easily spot incoming enemies here as opposed to the confined Conference Room. Try jumping atop the bus here or taking up a spot in the upper story of Das Lokal Restaurant & Bar.
Mode Intel: Hardpoint
There are five Hardpoints on Himmelmatt Expo. The first appears just in front of the Restaurant; use the Showers area within the Hardpoint for cover. The Hardpoint then rotates to the Conference Room, which encompasses the stage and up to the first cover barrier past its front steps; you’ll most definitely want a Trophy System here, as grenades of all types are bound to inundate the enclosed room.
The third Hardpoint marks the only one outdoors, positioned in the north between the Tourist Office and the Media Tent. As the only point open to the skies, it’s bound to be a target for aerial streaks, so don’t group up too closely when defending the area. The fourth point takes you back inside to the Lounge — watch those windows — and the fifth Hardpoint is located just inside the North Hall entrance; use the concrete pillars here for cover.
Once there’s about 30 seconds left in the current Hardpoint, start rotating over toward the next. When the enemy comes knocking, you’ll be waiting for them.
1. Push and pull. On a larger map like Himmelmatt Expo, it’s important to get a feel for when you should move in and attack and when it’s best to defend your position. Move too aggressively and you’ll be eliminated in transit; hang back too much and you risk missing out on the action. The more you play the map, the sharper your instincts will become.
2. A run around the resort. Especially when outside, try to sprint across large open spaces to reduce the amount of time you are without cover. Consider equipping the Double Time Perk and the Stim Tactical Equipment piece, which could allow you to get around the map more quickly via extended or additional Tactical Sprints. While madly rushing toward your destination may not be the best tactic inside the event center, you’ll be thankful for the extra speed when traversing outside.
3. Work on the seasonal Camo Challenges. Season 02 Reloaded introduces a new Camo Challenge for each weapon class. Himmelmatt Expo makes for a great location to progress through longer-ranged weapon classes like Sniper Rifles, Marksman and Battle Rifles, and LMGs. It can’t hurt to bring along a Launcher to down enemy streaks, either.
4. Tac out! While it makes for a fine dining experience, the Restaurant has limited space, which makes it risky to battle an enemy Operator there. The theater is equally deadly, as you can’t see who’s in there until you’ve already arrived. Utilize tactical equipment, such as the Snapshot Grenade, in these instances to gather additional intel before rushing in, allowing you to better plan your attack strategy.
5. A different perspective. Areas like the North Hall entrance, the Conference Room, and the Lobby all feature multiple entry points surrounding the location. Get to know all the ways in and out of each area so you can utilize the best path forward when approaching the enemy. Keep them off guard by taking different routes throughout the match.
6. Break in the new Marksman Rifle. Season 02 Reloaded introduces the new Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle, a high-damage, fast-firing weapon especially when battling outdoors. Down enemy Operators fast and get the job done.
7. Time your streaks. Don’t let your hard work go to waste by calling in an aerial attack just as the enemy is running for cover. Wait for a moment when there’s fighting out in the open or when an outside objective becomes contested. By timing your streaks, you greatly improve your chances of making contact.
8. Care Package incoming. Consider adding the Care Package or Emergency Airdrop to your streak selection when deploying to Himmelmatt Expo. The streets running along the top and bottom of the map offer plenty of room to fall back and call in the drop. Otherwise, these spaces are great to set up shop while you call in another streak, rather than be stuck out in the open while being out of combat.
9. Activate Scorestreaks. Larger maps like Himmelmatt Expo tend to give players a greater opportunity to build up score via assists, objective plays, and taking out enemy air support. If you haven’t already, try switching your option to Scorestreaks so that each of those actions additionally work toward unlocking your next big streak.
10. Come for the scenery, stay for the battle. Himmelmatt Expo’s sweeping vistas and fresh mountain air offer visitors an escape from the humdrum of daily life. Appreciate the views, take a deep breath, and then get back to the fight. Once you hit that victory screen, you’ll never want to leave.
© 2023 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and MODERN WARFARE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com and www.youtube.com/callofduty, and follow @Activision and @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.