Digitally pre-purchase Modern Warfare II: Play the Campaign up to a week early!
Early Campaign Access(1): The Ultimate Way to Play
Task Force 141 is expecting you to report for duty up to a week before the official launch of Modern Warfare II. Are you up for the challenge?
This intel has been verified: Anyone who pre-purchases a digital edition of Modern Warfare II will receive early Campaign access in addition to a host of other previously announced rewards. This grants you up to a week to complete the incredible multimission, single-player, globe-trotting operation before the full game launches on October 28. Pre-purchase the game here.
Familiar heroes return and new allies are formed as Task Force 141 faces its greatest threat yet — a newly aligned menace with deep, yet unknown connections.
This Campaign features missions in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, and is set to be an incredible experience on numerous levels: offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth missions in both plain sight and under the cover of darkness. For more information on the game, click here.
Recap: Modern Warfare II Pre-purchase Benefits
As well as gaining early access to the Modern Warfare II Campaign, there’s free content you can use right now in Call of Duty®: Vanguard and Call of Duty®: Warzone™. You also get Beta Early Access and content available in Modern Warfare II at launch, just for pre-purchasing the game. For a full rundown, check out this blog. Here’s a quick list of what you can claim:
Pre-purchase Modern Warfare II to receive:
- Up to one week early access to the full Modern Warfare II Campaign, starting October 20(1).
- Access to the full game on October 28.
- Open Beta Early Access(2).
- Final Judgement Bundle(3): Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
Pre-purchase the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II to receive:
- All previously listed rewards.
- Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta.
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault(4): At Call of Duty: Next, we plan to share more details on this and the new Gunsmith, which will also be available during the Open Beta.
- Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips(5): If you purchase the Vault Edition after Season One, the free Battle Pass and Tier Skips apply to the current season.
- Ghost Legacy Pack(6): 20+ free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone, unlocked upon pre-purchase.
Recap: Modern Warfare II Beta dates
Remember your pre-purchase also entitles you to experience early access to the future of Call of Duty Multiplayer combat. The Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free across all platforms and split into two playable Weekends. Early access is available for those with either digital or retail pre-purchases:
Time to Play: Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay) (2)
The second Beta weekend is available on PC, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10 AM PT. Crossplay will be active, allowing you to party with friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
PC Early Access: Those who pre-purchased for PC via Battle.net can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT. PC players are required to have a Battle.net (7) account.
PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, September 24 at 10AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10AM PT, is accessible to PC players regardless of pre-purchase status. The entire community can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II.
Recap: Call of Duty®: Next
Mark your calendars for September 15, 2022: Expect a massive intel drop regarding the immediate future of Call of Duty during the Call of Duty: Next franchise showcase event! Expect many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty: Warzone, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora). This multi-hour event also features a full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal; a multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time; and [[REDACTED]] information and surprises! Need more details? Click here.
(1) One week based on estimated access; actual play time subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.
(2) Actual platform availability and launch date(s) of MP Beta subject to change. See www.callofduty.com/beta for more details. Minimum Open Beta duration is 2 days. Limited time only, while Early Access Beta Codes last, at participating retailers. Online multiplayer subscription may be required.
(3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on pre-purchase platform required to redeem Final Judgement Bundle. Sold/downloaded separately.
(4) Weapon Vault design limited to Weapon Vault contents at launch.
(5) Battle Pass and Tier Skips, or equivalent versions, will be accessible in Modern Warfare II once the Season 1 Battle Pass, or equivalent system, is made available in-game. Battle Pass redemption applies to one season of Modern Warfare II Battle Pass, or equivalent system, only.
(6) Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® / Call of Duty®: Warzone™ required to redeem Ghost Legacy Pack. Sold/downloaded separately. Must be redeemed by October 28, 2023. All pre-purchase customers are eligible to receive Ghost Legacy Pack rewards at a later date. For more details, please visit the Call of Duty® FAQ.
(7) All pre-purchase customers are elidible to receive Ghost Legacy Pack rewards at a later date. For more details please visit the Call of Duty FAQ.
A mobile phone number must be linked to your Battle.net® Account to play Modern Warfare® II.
© 2019-2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY VANGUARD, CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, MODERN WARFARE, CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE, the CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE logo, and WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com and www.youtube.com/callofduty, and follow @Activision and @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.