How to slim down your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare install and save disk space
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is loud, intense, and filled to the brim with non-stop heart-pounding action. The epic set pieces, maps, and a broad array of guns and operators create unrivaled tactical combat, but bring with them significant disk space requirements. To help you better manage the game’s size, the latest update now lets you customize your installation, allowing you to trim the game down to your favorite modes and unloading the parts of the game you’re pressing pause on for the moment. Read on to learn how.
Note: This article focuses on PC players on Battle.net; console users should look for articles on their respective platform newsfeeds for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Scenario One: Fresh Install
If you’re new to the game or reinstalling after a hiatus, these are the steps for you.
- In Battle.net, click the INSTALL button on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tab.
- On the install popup, click the “Modify Install” link. This will take you to the component selection screen.
- On the selection screen, check the boxes for which parts of the game you would like to install. The game will update space requirements as you make your selection.
And that’s it! The game will now download the necessary files and install the components you selected.
Scenario Two: Modify Existing Install
Current players looking to free up some space, this one’s for you.
- In Battle.net, look for the “Options” dropdown in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tab.
- Select “Modify Install” from the options. This will take you to the Modify Installation screen where you can choose to either change your installed components or change the game’s language. Click the “Modify Install” link to go to the component selection screen.
- On the selection screen, check the boxes for parts of the game you would like to install or uncheck components you’d like to remove. The game will update space requirements as you make your selection.
Once you’ve confirmed your selection, the game will make the requested changes.
This should help free up quite a bit of room on your computer hard drive, so you won’t need to worry about managing disk space and can focus only on bringing the thunder. See you in battle!
Note: The free Warzone component cannot be uninstalled.